Hertz Reviews in Bradenton, FL | Glassdoor

Hertz President & CEO Kathryn V. Marinello
Kathryn V. Marinello

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Poor work/life balance almost expected at smaller location (in 191 reviews)

• Expect to work really long hours if you are in finance or accounting (in 509 reviews)

"Doesn't care about employees"

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Bradenton, FL
    Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Bradenton, FL

I worked at Hertz full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved working with my team, including my branch manager. There seemed to be a lot of room for upward mobility.

Cons

As some others have stated, the company tends to spread the entry level employees too thin. My location was and remains consistently understaffed, and many days we had to choose between manning the counter or having clean cars. Additionally, training outside of the classes isn't standardized. Some area managers will try to teach under the counter methods of padding sales to make your numbers look good, and then play ignorant if anyone asks about it. Overall, just makes the higher-ups in management and at corporate feel shady. They only care about the bottom line, not about their employees, which ultimately hurts their bottom line.

Advice to Management

Stop putting so much emphasis on sales and managers and employees alike won't feel pressured to use underhanded tactics just to keep their jobs. Also, let branches hire more people so that you can hit each of your NPS and sales goals without running your people into the ground.

"Absolute worst company to work for!"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Bradenton, FL
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Bradenton, FL

I worked at Hertz full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Only one pro. That is you can transfer just about anywhere. So it's a good way to move where you want to with a job.

Cons

Where to even start! The pay, terrible. In what world can someone even think that it would be ok to pay an assistant manager 40k a year??? Very under staffed in most locations. Constant revolving door! Very poor training. Very high expectations with no incentives to achieve those rewards.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees like they actually mean something to you. If you keep your employees happy, they will enjoy coming to work and will provide much better customer service to your customers. This in turn will increase business. You can't expect to pay an assistant manager 40k to 45k and expect that to be ok. And you especially can't expect a branch manager to be content with 47k to 52k. Seriously. Just think about that for a second. Starting out at my new job (not with Hertz) I make 65k. I'm thrilled to wake up and come to work. I'll do anything they ask of me. And I'll stick around for the foreseeable future.

"Overall Great Experience and Resume Builder"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Bradenton, FL
    Former Employee - Branch Manager in Bradenton, FL

Pros

Good base salary. If you work at selling (doesn't require much effort) you can make great commissions and quickly move into management roles.

Cons

Long work hours, including weekends. Short-staffed (at least in my experience/location) in a very fast-paced environment. Would rarely have time for lunch and frequently worked 12 hour days as management.

Advice to Management

Stop the political games within the company.

Showing 3 of 3,632 reviews