Hertz "upper management" Reviews | Glassdoor

Hertz Employee Reviews about "upper management"

Updated Nov 16, 2019

2.8
Hertz President & CEO Kathryn V. Marinello
Kathryn V. Marinello
Pros
Cons
  • "Long hours when understaffed at locations(in 590 reviews)

• "upper management need pay more attention on local situation(in 377 reviews)

Reviews about "upper management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "NA"

Current Employee - Finance Manager

I have been working at Hertz full-time

Pros

Good family and work balance

Cons

upper management need pay more attention on local situation

Hertz2019-08-21

"Depends on upper management"

Current Employee - Branch Manager

I have been working at Hertz full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Team if you successfully create a team.

Cons

high turn over rate. Upper management micro management. Not enough support

Advice to Management

Better staffing and support

Hertz2019-11-16

"My Experience"

Former Employee - Work At Home Agent in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Hertz full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work from home is the only real attraction. Maybe a good fit for a stay at home spouse who would like to earn some money, but not as a main house hold income.

Cons

Upper Management is far too disconnected from the actual employee who handles customers. No continuity in procedures (probably because there are WAY TOO MANY procedures, just to get a shift, you have to bid on 30 something different shifts every 3 months). Hard to plan vacations (must get submit in advance for approval), you can't make advance reservations because you don't know what shift you'll get. From the... initial, in-person interview, I was told something different to what the actual procedure was and it directly affected my decision to accept the position and of course my earnings. Still, I worked there for 3 years and then I was laid off one morning thru a phone call, with out any warning or any option, they eliminated the position and me along with it.

Advice to Management

Go back to basics, stop over-complicating things. Maybe, instead of people trying to justify their ridiculous salaries (e.g. $8million/yr to one single individual), by re-organizing and re-structuring, and creating drama, cut their ridiculous salaries by 75%, take that money and pay a better wage to get higher quality employees and go back to the good old morning , swing and grave yard shifts, so employees can ... plan a life.

Hertz2019-10-21

"Gaslighting and other delights"

Former Employee - Back Office Specialist in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Hertz full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really enjoyed 2/3 of my coworkers. Working for Hertz, I had 3 different positions, but they all came with (see cons section, rest of review).

Cons

Abusive upper management, "benefits" that were completely unaffordable, low pay and bad hours based on seniority (which sounds like a good thing but just because you put up with the abuse for a long time doesn't mean they ever stop screwing you at every opportunity. I was pretty unhappy with the setup of my position because it was carrot and stick, but mostly stick. The managers of the department would dangle 2... work at home days to make you behave, like they didn't have the upper hand all along. There's no reason that job (or really most jobs that aren't in person face to face customer service) can't be done at home. If someone isn't performing, fire them. God knows they're not shy about firing people under any/every other circumstance.

Advice to Management

If you're going to have non commission positons, pay those people a living wage. Nobody should have to hope to be offered 10-15 hours of overtime in order to make ends meet. Also, time off to go to the doctor shouldn't be a big deal when you require your employees to work when the doctor is open. Lastly, stop promoting people who only know how to talk as if they're chastisting their naughty child. I'm a 35 year... old man I have no interest in going to work and being chided like a toddler that left the milk out after breakfast. Lastly: The HR business partner's job shouldn't be to lie to the employees. I caught mine in a pretty serious lie regarding a leave of absense request, where he blamed the insurance company for denying it and when the notice from them finally came it stated plainly that the managers decided not to accomodate me. Shame on him!

Hertz2019-11-04

"Over worked and underpaid"

Current Employee - Airport Manager

I have been working at Hertz full-time for more than a year

Pros

I met some amazing people and I love to excel at customer service.

Cons

Extremely overworked. Stressed. Always in fear of loosing my job. Favoritism. Low employee morale. Underpaid. Clicks exist. No upper management support. Inadequate training for staff. Poor communication.

Hertz2019-11-03

"perpetual understaffing/no support from upper management"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Olathe, KS

I worked at Hertz full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

potential for promotion is high if you keep your sales goals up

Cons

understaffing; no control over hiring as a manager which is extremely frustrating. upper management does not seem to care about the day to day stress managers are constantly put under. base salary is not nearly enough to cover the stress managers are put under and bonuses are limited and very hard to achieve.

Advice to Management

listen to employees when they tell you there are issues in the branch instead of following the corporate line of "control what you can"

Hertz2019-09-30

"A job for the young and/or complacent"

Former Employee - Gold Choice Exit Gate (Lead) in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Hertz full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Union, most customers made the job pleasant and a few coworkers who actually worked and came to work.

Cons

Schedule, Immature management and staff, lack of coverage and lack of respect for employees by upper management.

Hertz2019-09-27
  8. "Good Place"

Former Employee - Site Manager

I worked at Hertz full-time

Pros

Depending on what location you work at you can have great coworkers. In this business you are constantly moving so it is very hard to get bored.

Cons

Upper management has been known overlook important issues and tends to harp on small issues.

Hertz2019-09-01
  9. "Overworked, Underpaid, Unappreciated Employees"

Former Employee - Branch Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Hertz full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you're good in sales, you'll make a pretty penny in Sales commission. When you become a branch manager you get a company car. The bond you form with your team is almost family-like. Closed Sundays

Cons

Upper Management Cleaning Cars Locations are understaffed, sometimes you're left working by yourself.

Advice to Management

Show your employees that they're appreciated. A manager that cares about their employees should help their employees when they're in need.

Hertz2019-08-15
  10. "Company still needing much improvement"

Former Employee - Branch Manager Trainee

I worked at Hertz full-time for less than a year

Pros

Driving many different vehicles and free car washes for your own

Cons

Upper management didn't seem like they cared at times. Very adequate to, at times, horrible training... until after a couple months of employment, there was some off-site training. Methods still need much improvement.

Hertz2019-08-02