Heska Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Heska Chairman and CEO Robert B. Grieve
Robert B. Grieve

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Inside Sales Account Manager"

I have been working at Heska full-time

Pros

Benefits are amazing, local, no travel, great comp plan

Cons

There are a lot of women in the department

2. "Family Oriented"

I have been working at Heska full-time

Pros

Family-oriented, excellent coworkers, flexible hours, excellent benefits and vacation.

Cons

HR, low pay, favoritism,

Advice to Management

Set a better example for your employees. Practice what you preach.

"Overall, a great company to work for."

I worked at Heska full-time

Pros

Very progressive environment. If ideas are communicated properly, they are taken seriously by management, and implemented in an inclusive fashion. The company is pet friendly, and department heads have an open door policy (for the most part). Heska provides quality benefits; top tier health insurance, matched 401K, and stock options.

Cons

There is some interdepartmental animosity, but this is not unique to Heska! Overall communication can be improved. Salaries are below industry standards; however, the work atmosphere and the benefits far outweigh these issues. May need more middle management opportunities.

Advice to Management

Communicate more effectively, delegate more efficiently, and carry on!

4. "With a little work it would be great."

I have been working at Heska full-time

Pros

Great culture and good benefits.

Cons

Communication is lacking between management and teams, making jobs more difficult than they need to be.

Advice to Management

Communication communication communication.

5. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

Pros

active with employees and their needs

Cons

Look closer at individuals for their talents

Advice to Management

Take time to get the right answers

6. "Okay for a first job but you won't be paid what you're worth"

Pros

The benefits are good-three week's vacation right out of the gate, the heath insurance is good, and the vision insurance actually covers something. Overtime is available but not pushed on employees in my department.

Cons

I am incredibly underpaid. I would take a week less of vacation per year if I was making something closer to what I should be.

Advice to Management

Other than pay your employees more? Communicate what is going on. Everyone is concerned about things like storage space, production volume, etc and we haven't heard a peep from upper management.

7. "Think Twice"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

I worked at Heska full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You can bring your dog into work in some cases every day or on Fridays. The company does have good perks as far as health coverage and if you're there long enough the vacation ramps up nicely.

Cons

Depending on what department you're in there is quite a bit of micromanaging and the company culture changed with the new CEO. Management does like to keep tabs of what you're up to on LinkedIn so don't link up with management. The company doesn't necessarily value on going education. The moves made are more often laterally than upward.

Advice to Management

If you want to keep your employees then talk to them about what their ambitions are and not be content to see your best employees go out the door. If that employee sees their career going in a different direction or into a different department, see how Heska can keep them versus seeing it they eventually won't be of help to your particular department and therefore they need to be pushed out. HR needs to listen to the employees when they have their exit interviews versus coming across as I didn't know you were upset why wasn't anything ever said. If management wants to keep their best employees they need to make the effort to do so and that disconnect between the employees, upper management, and HR needs to be squashed!!

8. "If you want to be miserable work at Heska as an Inside Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

Pros

Amazing health care Benefits, 401 k match, stock purchase plan for every full time employee, for now

Cons

You are under constant scrutiny by people you wont respect, 1/2 of them cant even find there way to the building on a daily/weekly basis! You have to fight for your pay every month. They change the comp plan every month. I suspect that they are trying to get most of the people to quit so that they dont have to pay unemployment. You will be made to read scripts that are against the law. IF you can live with that get a job there, they are always hiring because no one is happy in the department

Advice to Management

Qite breaking the law!!

9. "Lots of Changes, but all good"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Account Manager in Loveland, CO

Pros

Good benefits, decent managers, good HR dept. great work environment, good location

Cons

change is sometimes not well thought out, managers are a bit closed minded, my dept has high turn over so constantly training new people

Advice to Management

Ask your employees what they think

10. "Excellent company to work for the years I can speak of!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

Pros

Now that I have left the company and search for new employment opportunities, it is clear what amazing benefits were offered to me. The insurance plans were excellent, as well as sick time, vacation time (however not able to rollover, which I think makes sense anyhow). An awesome dog friendly environment (NOT to be taken for granted!)

Cons

An excellent company to work for, one in which you felt like you were valued as a person, until a corporate merger and new President took over two years ago and the bottom dollar seemed to be all that mattered. Sure, the stocks are doing better, but have to question current employee morale. Interesting as I noticed today as I drove by the building the parking lot was not plowed from last nights snow! Let my people walk through the snow! (kidding) I also always felt there were a great deal of double standards provided to upper management and not the same to those who reported to them. Note, most of my years there were spent under the previous President and CEO, Bob Grieve and those were the years that were spent feeling I was of value as an employee and as a person. He cared about his people.