Hexagon Mining Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
Hexagon Mining President Hélio Samora
Hélio Samora

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "With all company mergers it takes time for everyone to get their feet on ground and wrap their minds around the changes"

Pros

The ability to express yourself and do your job without hinder. Open door policy to be able to go to management and express your concerns

Cons

More collaboration within departments and better Communications within this effort towards better communication will ensure that all departments work well together

Advice to Management

More company comradery....

"Do not walk away.... Run"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Hexagon Mining full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great networking opportunities, smart and fun coworkers

Cons

Managment that uses scare tactics to control employees, benefits that are cut year after year, total lack of vision, completely toxic culture of short term gains over long term goals. Employee drive and innovation is squashed. Business units undercut one another at every turn. Oh and someone accidentally posted names SSN's and salaries of all employees/ former employees publicly. Total mess.

Advice to Management

Replace 100% of the managers in the service, hire managers with mining experience and start treating your people with respect. If you take care of your employees they will take care of your clients.

3. "A company that's finding it's footing."

Former Employee - Software Developer II in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Software Developer II in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Hexagon Mining full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The software development team has some of the brightest, most caring people you'll ever meet. The company culture is so diverse that other companies that are interested in diversity should see what this one is doing. My coworkers comprised of people India, Kenya, Canada, Russia, Poland, Mexico, just to name a few. Their strength lies within that diversity and the belief and value in the products we worked on.

Cons

At the end of my time there. There were management issues. Project cancellations with little to no notice. Seemingly random lay offs that reduce employee morale. To be fair this was a company that merged into a bigger one, so given enough time I imagine this will eventually work itself out.

Advice to Management

Figure out away to bring mining engineers and developers together more often. One shouldn't coexist without the other.

4. "Evolving Company with Lots of Potential"

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Hexagon Mining full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Visionary company with ever expanding resources. High technology solutions for mining with other Hexagon divisions always available to be applied to mining needs. Recent commitment to staying in Tucson and moving to downtown. Expanding efforts to partner with universities and support talent development and innovation with tuition reimbursement.

Cons

Mining market is not recovering quickly, so our growth has not started yet. Lots of changes over the last few years, including a depressed mining market, which have strained our employees and reduced our numbers.

"Be wary HR is padding reviews of this company"

I have been working at Hexagon Mining part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Dont believe any reviews above 3, responses are obvious like industry is struggling and/lots of change. Blah blah.

Cons

Lies lies lies lies lies.

"Great organization overcoming challenges"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Hexagon Mining full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a large, global, company which provides opportunities for a wide range of experiences. Something you don't often find with companies in Tucson, AZ. As the company continues to reorganize, our products are getting better, and the organizational structure is getting stronger. This is a company with great growth potential that will be a major player for years to come.

Cons

Hexagon Mining has undergone a lot of changes in the last 4 years, and with that has experienced some challenges. With mergers and reorganization comes chaos, layoffs due to redundancy, and a period of uncertainty. Be comfortable in an environment that changes daily, and expect that you may not end up where you started.

Advice to Management

Empower your leadership teams to help their employees feel valued and heard. You have a strong base from which to grow and now it's up to you to guide them in that growth.

7. "Analyst"

I have been working at Hexagon Mining full-time

Pros

Growing company with lots of new high tech and exposure to many different cultures and opportunities for international travel. Still not too big where you know everyone in the office and have direct communication with managers and leaders. Fun social events throughout the year.

Cons

A lot of change in a short amount of time. Focus on quarter drives short term mindset

Advice to Management

Bring in people from other industries for new ideas.

"Imploding company"

I worked at Hexagon Mining full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Most co-workers are nice. Opportunity to interact with people from other countries.

Cons

Inexperienced management in charge (both in mining and in managing a company). Lack of future as the company's reputation in the industry is going downhill - quickly. Part of Hexagon corporation, which is is led by an indicted CEO. No real care about employees. Frequent lay-offs. Talented technical people have left or are leaving. Currently in the process of "moving" (?!) their headquarters to Tucson, when in reality they have been there for over 40 years.

Advice to Management

Mintec was an amazing company that cared about their customers and their employees. Learn from that.

"Not unless you're desperate"

I worked at Hexagon Mining full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They will pay you...for as long as your job exists.

Cons

This company does NOT care about you. We had multiple rounds of layoffs last year and I was let go during the second one. While layoffs happen when a company's revenue declines and are an unfortunate part of corporate life, the way they went about handling this one was just low. A few months before the layoff this slimy company slashed our severance to a mere 2 weeks of pay when it had previously been 2 weeks plus 1 per year of service. They did this by updating our employee agreement and burying in the fine print so that no one knew about it until they handed us our puny severance checks.

6 years with the company and they laid me and my entire team off with just 2 weeks of severance pay. What a slap in the face. Do NOT work here unless you're desperate, and if that is the case then start looking for a new job as soon as you get settled because this place does not care about you at all.

Advice to Management

What advice can you give to a sociopath? The CEO is a total scumbag who verbally abuses the employees. He's driving Hexagon into the ground.

"Terrible Management, employees lack in skills"

Pros

Absolutely none. Strongly do your research before accepting a position here especially if you are currently employed.

Cons

One of the most poorly ran companies I have ever seen from top to bottom. Switzerland runs the show. Tucson office doesn't realize yet or doesn't want to acknowledge it.

Advice to Management

Be honest with employees and future hires. Direction of the company is unknown. Too many offices with no structure. Ridiculous!!