KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

62 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A great, growing company - love it here!

Jun 28, 2022 - Customer Success Manager (CSM)
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are many pros to working at Heymarket, to list a few... -Management does a phenomenal job ensuring each team member does not have an ego; inspiring team personality and culture -We are a young startup that's growing at a fast pace; there are ample growth opportunities, many internal promotions -We have a beautiful office in SF, but we also have the option to be fully remote if we chose to -The product is, by far, one of the best products in our industry, especially so early on in our series -This is a team you can trust -Management cares about your physical and mental health; they also respect your personal and professional time -Happy Hours in SF -Fulfilling job responsibities; management consistently encorages internal growth within your role

Cons

The product is AMAZING, however, it can be overwhelming sometimes as there are many components to the product. For my specific position, it requires me to have a very technical mindset at all times. Like most start-ups, you will need to accept consistent changes - this does make your day-to-day fun but will require you to consistently communicate/engage so you can stay up to speed.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fantastic Team to Be a Part of; Supportive, Motivated and Ambitious

Jan 14, 2022 - Solutions Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The team is extremely supportive and motivated. - Forward looking organization focused on continuous improvement and willing to always reconsider modus operandi for better alternatives. - Clear targets and goals for the future. - Operating in an interesting space with a product that is loved by customers. - Ambitious plans for growth.

Cons

- Operations are quickly scaling, so the usual challenges of a quickly growing team apply (but if you're willing to roll up your sleeves and embrace the challenges, it's not a negative aspect). - Distributed team. The majority of employees are in the Bay Area, but with many across the US. There are good intentions to build culture, something to be aware of.

3. 5.0

Great Place to Grow with Team and Product

Jun 30, 2021 - Customer Success Manager in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Heymarket has been an incredible career opportunity, where I've been met with an encouraging team who is supportive and accessible, even though I am remote. In addition to mentoring me in industry and technical knowledge, the team has made sure to set aside time for us to socially interact as a team. I've been so impressed with leadership's willingness to listen to external/internal recommendations and evolve the company/product as we scale. I'm very proud of my colleagues and the work we're doing.

Cons

Not to be cliche, but I am struggling to come up with negatives. I will say that we are a smaller team, so, as with most scaling start-ups, there is always a lot to be done. Things can get hectic and busy, but my team has always been supportive of taking any breaks/PTO needed.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A great team to work with!

Jul 20, 2021 - Senior Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- A culture of trust & autonomy - Work alongside a great group of human beings who want to see you be successful - Leadership is very supportive - The role and the culture of Heymarket pushes you to try new things and constantly evolve the role & the strategies that go into success. It's not "failing" if you learn from it. - Fully believe that this team will be successful and the company will continue to grow

Cons

- One thing we're working on is building that community for all people on the team, not just the ones in the Bay Area

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing place to work

May 24, 2021 - Sales in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Smart, caring, and thoughtful leadership that has experience building a company and leads by example in a way I've never experience at another early stage company. - Even in a remote environment, co-workers are collaborative and engaged - it feels like everyone is working with one common goal and is looking out for one another. - Great upside for this early stage company in an exciting and growing space.

Cons

- The level of autonomy and trust here is not for everyone and it's an environment that requires a people to come in with the mindset to be self motivated and willing to think creatively to solve problems that we may be addressing for the first time. Hours can be long some days, but the leadership is ALWAYS supportive in taking personal time when needed to recharge.

6. 5.0

Hard-working and motivated team

May 21, 2021 - Content Marketing Manager in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Small, super productive team where everyone is passionate about their work and an expert in their domain -Company is growing so there's an opportunity to learn quickly and expand your experience -Energizing work environment with interesting and varied projects -Transparent, supportive, and motivating leadership with prior experience building companies -Awesome product that the team uses in their everyday work -Weekly team-building activities -Flexible startup environment

Cons

-High volume of work, requiring some nights and weekends -Many processes are not yet defined, so must be willing to build structure from the ground up

7. 5.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Amazing place to work remotely

Jul 14, 2021 - Android Developer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Always open to try new technologies. -Great environment to work. -Work remotely. -Very supportive when need a break. -Leaders are always willing to help.

Cons

-There is no documentation of existing functionalities, although they are always willing to clarify any questions you may have.

8. 5.0

Amazing company

Jun 11, 2021 - Customer Success Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team collaboration, self-sufficient, encouraging work environment, positive work culture

Cons

None that I have experienced so far

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

The startup experience

Mar 22, 2021 - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Best things about Heymarket: - Strong ownership mindset - Low ego team - High transparency across teams - Projects move quickly due to all the above

Cons

As with many startups, you'll need to learn to relentlessly prioritize and say no sometimes - the team is understanding of this.

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

Vibrant team, exciting product, great fast-paced work

May 24, 2021 - Front-End Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great engaging small team environment -- agile engineering team, all very friendly, collaborative, driven, and willing to help. Great opportunity to learn, make an impact, and really get your hands dirty. Lots of interesting work to go around -- product is always evolving with new features, integrations, and fixes shipped on a regular basis.

Cons

Can get busy at times!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Reviews