Cover image for Hi Marley

5.0
Hi Marley CEO and Co-FOunder Mike Greene
Mike Greene

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Hi Marley is an organization that offers an amazing culture, fun/hard working environment and a growing team of individuals and leaders that 'truly' care about each other and their customers.(in 5 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best Place for me

Jul 15, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love being part of a growing team with challenging work, but I don't want that to come at the cost of my home life. That is really hard to find. I have worked at many different tech companies and start-ups and it was definitely an investment of time beyond normal working hours. At first, I thought that working normal hours meant that people were not invested in our growth as a company but honestly in my time here I have come to totally change my opinion. This is a place where you can truly have both - Both a challenging, driven, excited workplace and work-free weekends with family and adventure. The investment in culture and emphasis on that being a core tenet of the business is unlike anything I have seen before and makes people motivated and excited to be here. The leadership is strong and the market opportunity and product are amazing. I can't wait to see what the next few years look like.

Cons

Given our stage, we have too many tools and not enough documentation and process. But honestly, I think we are focused on the right things and those things will come as we mature.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

A company that truly cares

Jun 28, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I could drone on about the fantastic product, the positive growth outlook, the awesome cross-functional collaboration and alignment, all of which are important but dwarfed by the true differentiator: the culture. A great culture is something that companies frequently advertise yet the reality is it often manifests in a few nice sayings painted on a wall and then ignored. Hi Marley bucks that trend and puts culture front and center. It is rare to find a company, let alone a highly successful start-up, that truly cares this much about every customer, employee, and individual they interact with. It starts at the top, with a CEO that leads with confident humility, and flows down to every employee on every team.

Cons

No real cons but I feel like just writing "n/a" is a cop out so I'll say that, like most companies, I think we're still trying to find the best ways to make a hybrid work environment.

3. Join the Hi Marley team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

No company is perfect, but Hi Marley comes pretty darn close!

Jul 12, 2022 - Finance in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a terrific company. Never a dull moment and the Finance team has been spectacular. It's honestly just the coolest Finance team, there is no other way to say that. Great place for mentorship and growth, as well as learning more about SaaS and the Insurtech industry. This place is CRAWLING with industry leaders and subject-matter experts in every department, and there is an opportunity to grow and learn in every corner of the company. No sharp elbows! Great work/life balance with unlimited PTO (I have been here for a little over a year and have rarely worked more than the typical 35 hour work week; I have never been asked to, even during audit time). In-office presence varies but generally folks will come in anywhere from 1 to 3 days per week. A great-paying company that intentionally reviews compensation bi-annually to ensure salaries are congruent with market. Strong culture (many companies will say this but few will actually deliver on that claim). Mike Greene, the CEO, is the most genuine person I have had the pleasure of working for. He's the type of guy you want to root for. He has an enormous heart and puts so much care into everything he does. People live and breathe the values in this place as a result, and it's motivating and meaningful to be part of. People team acts with the best intentions for employees and advocates for them constantly (in my experience, this is is especially true of benefits, but also of everything that touches the organization as a whole). If you are the type of person that thrives from positive feedback and praise, you will flourish here. Lastly, know that everyone is extremely nice. If you're used to a colder manner of receiving feedback or interacting with folks, be aware of that as the kindness may come as a shock at first!! It certainly shocked me, but I am now used to it and can't believe I ever tolerated any other "less kind" environments.

Cons

Close to none. Sometimes I'd love more structure and rigidity to the work processes, but that is par for the course in early-stage companies and we eventually build all that out as needed. This isn't so much a con as a it is advice, but potential employees need to be very clear about career pathing and goals within the organization as they may become bored/dissatisfied with their roles otherwise. If there's something you want to be involved in or grow into, don't be afraid to ask.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing Culture

Feb 21, 2022 - Product Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture is what keeps us all motivated and at Hi Marley the culture is unmatched. Maintaining a life outside of work is strongly encouraged.

Cons

Frequent pivots to meet market needs - nothing out of the ordinary for a start-up though!

6. 5.0

Awesome culture!

Oct 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Engineering is very much focused on learning through paired programming, which goes a long way in terms of code quality and engineering fitness.

Cons

Still a series B startup that has some growth to do

7. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Culture and People...

Jul 27, 2021 - Client Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hi Marley is an organization that offers an amazing culture, fun/hard working environment and a growing team of individuals and leaders that "truly" care about each other and their customers.

Cons

Throughout my time at Hi Marley, I did not experience anything to comment on that would apply as a "con"...

Continue reading
  8. 5.0
    Former Intern

Intern

Sep 15, 2021 - Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

autonomy, cool company, liked it a lot

Cons

startup culture makes some things a bit difficult / all over the palce

9. 5.0

Great Startup Company

Jan 17, 2021 - Software Engineer in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing culture, friendly employees, and able to work on a wide spread of features.

Cons

There aren't any issues working here

10. 5.0

Open and Inclusive culture

Dec 10, 2020 - Vice President of Engineering in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great growing company with an open, inclusive, and honest culture

Cons

Not well known since it is a startup

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to learn and grow professionally

Dec 6, 2019 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a minority, it's hard to find tech companies that you can be comfortable at, but at Hi Marley it's easier to be myself. I still have a lot to learn as a developer, but with this company, I'm on a forward path to achieving my technical goals. - fun personalities, easy to get along with everyone - interesting problems to solve, and we are all learning together - leadership cares about every employee - great vision - never busy/always learning/always challenged - flexible work schedule allows you to have a work life balance - company is good at recognizing employee efforts

Cons

- as an early start up, we have room to grow, but everyone is working to achieve those goals.

Continue reading