What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Most of the people you work with are great" (in 24 reviews)
- "Benefits are good" (in 24 reviews)
- "Some great coworkers" (in 19 reviews)
- "My team would consistently go out of their way to make me feel welcomed and would assist in any problems I was having." (in 9 reviews)
- "Decent Culture" (in 7 reviews)
- "Management in all areas of HiRez are absolutely terrible, if you are able to kiss the right amount of butt to the majority of the talent" (in 23 reviews)
- "Upper management is comprised of non" (in 12 reviews)
- "The CEO is eccentric and tends to work mostly with just a small group." (in 10 reviews)
- "Low pay" (in 9 reviews)
- "Awful leadership." (in 7 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Hi-Rez Studios and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
Found 179 of over 201 reviews
Updated Aug 15, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 2.0May 3, 2023Senior Sound DesignerFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsAtlanta, GA
Passionate community and coworkers give a fun atmosphere
Not a sufficient atmosphere to learn about modern game dev styles, tools, or techniques. Constant need to ship content creates an exhausting environment that always feels like a never ending wheel. They often confuse brands, skins, and and deals with player connection, excitement, and engagement.9
- 1.0Jun 30, 2023QA AnalystFormer Employee, more than 5 yearsAlpharetta, GA
The teams here are wonderful and talented developers who are driven and passionate about their work.
Management is terrible. They have favorites. They don’t hire and promote for talent. Only their buddies even when they run games into the ground. They hire so many developers, artists, producers for big projects for big plans, then lay off for other big plans. They’ve done this three or found times in the last 7 years. It’s disrespectful to their employees who worked so hard to bring them where they are. These big plans never work out, they hire more people and make new plans that result in laying off several people. They always have ‘big plans’ to come, and ‘solid direction’ that just lets everyone they just hired, go. They also campaign to their employees to give hirez a five start review on Glassdoor.5
Hi-Rez Studios Reviews FAQs
Hi-Rez Studios has an overall rating of 3.5 out of 5, based on over 201 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at Hi-Rez Studios to a friend and 20% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -17% over the last 12 months.
64% of Hi-Rez Studios employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Hi-Rez Studios 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.