Hibdon Tires Plus Reviews | Glassdoor

Joe Venezia
  1. "Tire technician"

Former Employee - Tire Technician in Broken Arrow, OK

I worked at Hibdon Tires Plus

Pros

Active job. Get real dirty and sore everyday.

Cons

Not a good option for long term career

Advice to Management

Do not blame store for low sales, blame location.

Hibdon Tires Plus2016-10-19
  2. "Long hours, lots of work, always have customers yelling at you."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Hibdon Tires Plus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pros are that you get over time average 50 hours a week, you get paid every week, and you bonus if you beat last year's numbers for that month.

Cons

You will get yelled at by a customer everyday, corperat will shove new policy down your through everyday. No real rules just make the customer happy

Hibdon Tires Plus2018-01-06
  3. "Just a job not a career"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Hibdon Tires Plus full-time

Pros

Good company to gain experience with little to no knowledge of the industry.

Cons

Pay is low. Hours are long. Open to close every day. Days off are split. Work/life balance is lacking. Benefits are “OK” but not that great. “Breakroom” is in a locker room/closet. In all the years I’ve worked here not one thing was done to improve conditions for the store teams. Asked to do things unethical to obatain sales objectives and then thrown under the bus when it comes back to bite you. Unsafe conditions...

Advice to Management

Let your managers manage. Listen to the teams. Improve your facilities.

Hibdon Tires Plus2017-11-18
  4. "Only care about their bottom line"

Former Employee - Sales in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Hibdon Tires Plus full-time

Pros

The pay was pretty good. You get a lot of hours if that is what you want. they have good employee discount.

Cons

There is no work life balance working here you will work 11-12 hours a day five days a week, you have very little time to do anything outside of work. They do not 'manage their inventory very well which makes customers upset and your job more stressful. I was there for 2 months and still and not gotten my uniforms. I worked the whole month of February and they cheated me out of bonus since you have to be employees on...

Advice to Management

Your employees have lives and families outside of work respect that. Don't take form your employees what they have rightfully earned. make your inventory system better so customers don't have to wait for your mistakes.

Hibdon Tires Plus2017-04-16
  5. "worst place to work"

Former Employee - Manager Trainee in Broken Arrow, OK

I worked at Hibdon Tires Plus

Pros

pay and benefits. some employees are helpful with training since the manager oscar didnt do anything.

Cons

they lie to you in whatever way possible to get you to except the job. also promise you extravagent things that arent really imaginable.

Advice to Management

stop the llies and be upfront with people and also try to train and manage a store instead of sitting in your office on your phone playing games.

Hibdon Tires Plus2016-03-21
  6. "Great Starter Job"

I have been working at Hibdon Tires Plus

Pros

Good Pay,training wasn't too great but I learned a lot on my own for the most part

Cons

long hours,they said I was going to be a sales manager but im working out in the bays

Hibdon Tires Plus2014-10-26
  7. "Lies and broken promises"

Former Employee - Salesman in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Hibdon Tires Plus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay and great co-workers

Cons

No time for family-have to work worst hours to make best bonuses

Advice to Management

Remember your employees have families

Hibdon Tires Plus2013-09-18
  8. "Average at best"

Former Employee - Sales Advisor

I worked at Hibdon Tires Plus full-time for more than a year

Pros

Uniforms provided, fair entry level wage. Co-workers were good to work with and helpful while learning the computer system.

Cons

Worked every Saturday, Worked every other Sunday. Went to a full day on Sunday. Was not told that the day would be 10-11 hours. Was not told we would work every Saturday and every other Sunday. Paid OT. Company only cares about themselves and not employees. No training system in place and slows down helping customers. Earning a bonus is a joke.

Advice to Management

Stop the Sunday hours. Nobody wants to work Sunday. Don't do Black Friday again.

Hibdon Tires Plus2013-03-16
  9. "Insensitive, not serious, terrible training."

Former Employee - Tire Technician in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Hibdon Tires Plus full-time for more than a year

Pros

401K, health plan, great discount over excellent tires products and services, uniform service, excellent tools for the job, i.e. professionally made non-chrome Ingersoll-Rand air tools and accessories (doesn't hit you in the eyes). Completely dominant in certain market allows room for higher pay and stability.

Cons

Open climate, dirty and sweaty environment, micro-manage over insignificant areas, lack "meritocracy" or lack of reward of up sell of products by techs, inadequate safety tools like industry standard composite toe shoe, GM hard hat, OSHA certified work gloves, management lack of transparency (sometime you don't even know who is in charge as management passed on their authority to underlings, x2 x3 of their power and domineering)...

Advice to Management

Be more serious, will you? Your training was wrong and lack the seriousness of the tire industry. Checking for tread of each tire should indicate which side to rotate the tires. It also allows tech to remind customers when they should change their tires and not wait until it too late.

Hibdon Tires Plus2012-08-13