Hibu "great people" Reviews | Glassdoor

Hibu Employee Reviews about "great people"

Updated Aug 26, 2019

3.1
Hibu CEO Kevin Jasper (no image)
Kevin Jasper
Pros
  • "The flexibility to work from home and office was refreshing(in 62 reviews)

• "Great people, excellent work life balance, good compensation, allowed remote work(in 55 reviews)

Cons
  • "commission structure always changing, customer service for clients is horrible(in 71 reviews)

• "Low pay, dealing with sales reps(in 51 reviews)

Reviews about "great people"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Great People"

Former Employee - Regional Distribution Manager

I worked at Hibu full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Cons

Position became all remote and I later missed the office environment.

Hibu2019-03-01

"Digital Services Consultant"

Current Employee - Digital Services Consultant

I have been working at Hibu full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

meet great people, good start for fresh out of college

Cons

unorganized and not a clear vision for company

Hibu2019-08-26

"Sales Manager"

I have been working at Hibu full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people that truly care about clients and people they work with

Cons

Struggle to maintain clients at times due to size of company.

Advice to Management

Need more back of house attention and support on daily basis.

Hibu2018-12-07
  4. "Learned a lot"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in New York, NY

I worked at Hibu full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people and digital products, has a great training program that really help you learn the companies vision and products.

Cons

The companies vision is over showed by poor execution.

Hibu2018-03-02
  5. "Account executive"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Huntsville, AL

I have been working at Hibu full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work with great people. Lots of freedom to make your business your own.

Cons

None that i can think of

Hibu2017-10-04
  6. "One of best decisions I made in my life was to work for Hibu formerly Yellow Book"

Current Employee - Sales in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Hibu full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great bosses and great people!!

Cons

Sometimes it not that easy to convince business they need our services

Advice to Management

Thanks for trusting me.

Hibu2017-08-15
  7. "Long-Term Employee"

Current Employee - TSCE in Cedar Rapids, IA

I have been working at Hibu full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Multiple sales positions, several different pilot programs, full benefits, incentives, new office location, friendly and upbeat atmosphere, great people, etc.

Cons

-I have been here for over 7 years and I have worked under several different managers. I would say that the management team needs to be more one track minded. there are a lot of differences between managers. -we have lots of contests for more bonus $$ but not enough for time off. a happy sales team is a productive sales team. -micromanaging is also a concern. i think it comes with the territory. every... manager bonuses off the team's performance. -too many sales tracking methods. make it simple please.

Advice to Management

keep work and personal life separate, we are not your friends, we are your employees. the original sales motto was "Keep score, have fun, and WIN!" get back to this. it is supposed to be fun and competitive.

Hibu2017-07-24
  8. "Great company to work with."

Former Employee - Lead Design Artist in San Diego, CA

I worked at Hibu full-time

Pros

Loved working with company, great people and management. The flexibility to work from home and office was refreshing.

Cons

There really weren't really any downsides, I loved my job and people I worked with in all departments.

Hibu2017-05-28

"Only if you are really desperate... DSC Consultant, Associate Campaign Analyst"

Former Employee - Associate Campaign Analyst

I worked at Hibu full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- work from home days - direct manager and team are full of great people who are hungry to succeed. - flexible work schedule - helping small businesses grow and succeed

Cons

- completely unmanageable workload, 300 + clients - complete restructuring of department in last few months, peoples positions have changed, demotions. Extreme turnover in department. - forcing people who have so many search accounts now to start on boarding client website and be the liaison between client and design team. - over half of the company workers are overseas - the sales reps treat you like absolute... garbage, will escalate anything to your manager if not responded in a timely manner according to their standards. Will speak to you in an unprofessional manner. - upper management basically making senior people feel threatened and undervalued so they will leave so they can import jobs overseas or hire labor for cheaper - most of the company roles that previously needed a college degree for no longer do - wasn't even asked to do an exit interview -pay is awful, will low ball the hell out of you and only pay you hourly

Advice to Management

Nothing I say here will be listened to. Things have been told to upper management and the reply was "well if your not happy I have a line of people wanting to do your job"

Hibu2017-06-28

"Sinking ship"

I worked at Hibu for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people worked for this company. I liked and respected almost all the people I worked with and worked for. None of them worked for the company within two years after I left. I'm happy to say they all seem to be doing well in other endeavors.

Cons

This was a company in chaos. After trying to recreate from a yellow pages publisher they tried to do many, many different things at once. Some products and services were more successful than others, notably their digital products, but it was excruciating having the higher ups throwing everything at the wall to see what stuck- especially when they would unceremoniously remove the products after forcing their sales... people to push it on to customers and damaging the trust relationship between them. As a career salesperson with over 20 years of field sales experience, this was the first and last company that required extensive travel with ZERO reimbursement for gas, or mileage, much less a company vehicle. They provided no per diem for food in the required sales training out of state either.

Hibu2017-01-17