Hideaway Pizza Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Brett Murphy

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Fun and friendly"

Pros

You will make lifetime friends. Great teamwork (usually). Great tips

Cons

Heavy turnover rate, unpredictable hours (but that's any serving job)

Advice to Management

Keep being amazing. You guys are doing great

2. "Good starting gig"

Former Employee - Support Staff
    Former Employee - Support Staff

I worked at Hideaway Pizza part-time

Pros

The employees were fun and and pay was decent. Never had problems with the managers when needing help or scheduling.

Cons

The job is satisfying only if your a high schooler or need cash for school. Wouldn't do well if needing to pay many bills unless you get a upper level position.

"currently employed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Hideaway Pizza part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the good things are, its a quick and easy job, you are required to do your part and get it done and as soon as its done, you can leave with no its ands or buts. i work with an amazing crew, everybody makes an effort to pull their weight and everybody has a decent and mutual amount of cordiality towards one another.

Cons

the training is horrible- there are so many things you have to learn and get done and they really dont give you enough time to learn it properly and correctly. I understand its a restaurant and you cannot control the volume of customers you get at once, but nothing is more annoying when you are trying the best that you can with the little bit of inadequate training that you have received and somebody turns around to complain passive aggressively because its not done right. Well if you want it done right, then take the time to really teach somebody how to do it. You can't just give people an instruction manual and expect them to get it immediately. Everybody learns differently and not the same exact way. Again, its busy and I understand you don't have time. But getting a frustrated attitude because somebody takes a little longer to learn something or they need to be visually shown how to do something to make sure it is right- or better yet, they are completely new to the pizza industry is ridiculous and that is how you run all your help off.

Advice to Management

change your attitudes and methods towards training- if you want things done right and the correct way, then take the time to thoroughly train people and dont just hand them instruction pamphlets or give them auditory instructions on doing it without showing them how, and then expect them to get it done and do it right. Not everybody is going to jump in there the very first few months and know everything automatically and it certainly doesn't help when people have an attitude because they have to visually show somebody how to do something. All it takes is two or three minutes of your time. There are people who are sincerely trying to do their best and who dont have experience in the pizza industry so its an entirely new thing to them. Again, you can't just expect them when they have only done something a few times to instantly remember and be a boss at it and when they aren't you get upset because it has to be done again. At that point, who is to really blame if you can't adequately train people the right way?

4. "Server/Cashier/Back of House"

Former Employee - Server/Cashier/Back of House in Stillwater, OK
    Former Employee - Server/Cashier/Back of House in Stillwater, OK

I worked at Hideaway Pizza part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling and great coworkers.

Cons

Minimum wage job with less than 40 hours a week.

Advice to Management

Stick to training packet.

5. "Waitress"

I worked at Hideaway Pizza part-time

Pros

I loved working with the ecletic groups of people. It was an extremely fast paced enviornment which I enjoyed. Everyday was different and I learned a lot of skills here that carried over into my current career.

Cons

If they aren't busy you get sent home. Closing takes forever.

6. "I enjoyed the store but not the company."

Former Employee - Manager in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Manager in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Hideaway Pizza full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fun environment, good crew, decent pay, holidays off, opportunity for growth within company, relaxed uniform, allows tattoos, allows ear piercings, holiday party.

Cons

You have to work a minimum of 45 hours per week, pay is not great, the corporate office is micro-managing.

Advice to Management

Allow the employees to work between 38-50 hours. Some weeks 45+ hours is just too much and makes you get tired of your job quickly, in my opinion.

7. "Server"

I worked at Hideaway Pizza full-time

Pros

The coworkers and managers were amazing

Cons

People did not pull their own weight

8. "Support/ Server"

Former Employee - Server in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Server in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Hideaway Pizza part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, fun work environment, understanding managers, great food discounts, and usually friendly customers. It's a great job for high school and college aged people.

Cons

On support the work is a team effort, and a lot of the time it feels like only one or two people are working hard. You're pressured to get customers to fill out surveys that no one wants to fill out. Sometimes the back of house employees would mess up, and server's suffer for it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the fun, casual experience. I enjoyed my time here, and my managers were very easy going, nice people. Try to put less significance on the surveys, or increase the prize value to entice customers to take it.

9. "Great coworkers but dependent on the manager."

Former Employee - Server
    Former Employee - Server

I worked at Hideaway Pizza part-time (More than a year)

Pros

When you work there, your coworkers become absolute family. The pay was pretty good, as well as the discount, and the place had great business on the weekends. The atmosphere of the place was really great and they really enforced quality in our service.

Cons

If you don't get along with the coworkers, the job isn't going to be enjoyable since communication is key. The restaurant is getting more corporate and, depending on which location you work at, you may feel absolutely replaceable. How strict or relaxed a place is depends on who's the manager and if your coworkers warn you about the manager, absolutely listen to them because the manager can make or break your experience, especially on busy nights.

Advice to Management

If it is a busy night, please communicate with the coworkers in the kitchen, serving, seating, etc. DO NOT take over seating entirely and seat people without telling anyone. DO NOT disrespect and cuss at other workers, especially in front of coworkers (and I speak from experience). DO NOT ignore the numerous complaints and feedback from customers about certain coworkers. DO help out when it's busy, such as lend a hand in the kitchen, help seat people and tell the servers, and help bring food out.

10. "Assistant Floor Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Floor Manager in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Assistant Floor Manager in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Hideaway Pizza full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everybody loves pizza so it's easy as pie :)

Cons

When Hideaway hires people, they tell you that you will get a raise after a certain amount of time and you never see anything!! The managers never give positive feedback and make it very hard to return to work the next day. I have invested 2+ years of my life into this company and they will not invest in their employees. Go find a job somewhere where they care about you!!

Advice to Management

Keep your word and be more organized.