HighRoads Reviews | Glassdoor

HighRoads Reviews

Updated Oct 11, 2019

Found 23 reviews

3.4
HighRoads CEO Brian Kim (no image)
Brian Kim
  1. "Dynamic, growing, fast paced company."

Current Employee - Director in Burlington, MA

I have been working at HighRoads full-time for more than a year

Pros

All of the hard work is paying off! Lots of opportunity for the company to grow, and for employees to grow along with it. Very flexible work environment. Great colleagues.

Cons

Small companies are not for everyone. Must be prepared to wear many hats and be flexible. If you are looking for big company structure this isn’t the place for you.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate. Be strategic in your decisions, we are about to grow dramatically... make sure you are thoughtful about how that growth happens.

HighRoads2019-10-11

"A growing great place"

I have been working at HighRoads full-time

Pros

The place has gone thru a lot of changes, but we have a great group now. People who want to succeed and everyone is helpful.

Cons

Some people aren't the best communicators, but you just have to pull the info out of them. They don't consider the little details until the last min.

HighRoads2018-10-15

"Company Outlook/Current State"

I have been working at HighRoads full-time

Pros

major growth with existing and new clients hiring excellent talent flexibility to work from home/virtual innovative environment we continue to grow and be succesfull

Cons

It's a good problem we are trying to solve for--lot's of work and demanding hours Benefits could improve

Advice to Management

keep listening to your teams empower your second level

HighRoads2018-08-02

"Analyst"

I have been working at HighRoads full-time for less than a year

Pros

Love the work environment. It's dynamic, fast paced and I'm getting experience in areas that wouldn't be possible in a corporate setting. We're growing fast, getting renewals from former clients and gaining new ones..a lot of excitement for the future of the product and company.

Cons

Commute was a bit far but I was given flexibility on working from home once I got up and running. Some managers are good about working with your schedule as long as your work is done.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on!

HighRoads2018-07-31

"DO NOT WORK HERE"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I worked at HighRoads full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some of the people who used to work here were awesome, but then they all left and things just got worse and worse after that. So really, no pros.

Cons

Expect to work 80 hours per week and be told it's not enough or that you're letting life get in the way because you ask to have a weekend or two off every now and then. They'll ask you to "wear many hats" but what they really mean is that you will do exactly as they say and that you are lucky to work here. Don't expect to get paid what you're worth by any means. Don't expect your voice to be heard. As soon... as a certain team member decides they don't like you, they'll put a target on your back and BOOM, your life is a living hell and you'll either get driven out and leave on your own (which I highly recommend) or get fired. That team member is driving the company into the ground single-handedly. Lastly, this company won't last more than a year at best. I'm surprised they've lasted as long as they have, honestly. They have 2 customers: one who hates the product so much that people quit that organization and cited HighRoads as a reason for leaving, and another who just uses their APIs and avoids the HighRoads UI at all costs. They've already had to take out loans just to pay their employees' salaries. They had 3 rounds of layoffs in less than a year. They've slimmed down to less than 20 employees in-house and their entire development team is offshore in India. Oh, and that team does not work Eastern Time business hours, and they'll expect you to be available anywhere between 6:30am EST to 2am EST to accommodate the Indian team who barely delivers. All the signs are there, the writing is on the wall, the light is most definitely at the end of the tunnel. You, and Highroads, should walk into it and get out now.

Advice to Management

Keep a closer eye on one person in particular and really question what that person has to say. Notice how many people have left as a result of that person instead of choosing to live in the dark. Actually do something about that person's actions so that person does not continue to get away with it and runs the company into the ground. Other than that, just drop the company and let your employees move on with their... lives so they can get a job where they work a normal 40-50-hour work week.

HighRoads2018-04-17
  6. "Technology Company"

I worked at HighRoads full-time

Pros

Great group of employees and people.

Cons

Long hours during technology sprints.

HighRoads2017-02-14
  7. "Innovating in Payer Space"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Burlington, MA

I worked at HighRoads full-time for more than a year

Pros

Small company doing interesting work. If you want to work with a company that is innovating this is a great place for you.

Cons

Changes in leadership, mean that the company is challenged a bit directionally.

HighRoads2016-12-23

"Abandon Ship!"

Former Employee - Senior Business Systems Analyst in Burlington, MA

I worked at HighRoads full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work life balance. Lack of supervision means you can skip out whenever, provided your work gets done.

Cons

Poorly managed company. Stability is gone. This company has laid off over half its workforce in the past 6 months. It is slowly going out of business.

Advice to Management

Be honest and give your remaining employees a fair amount of time to look for new jobs.

HighRoads2016-09-23

"Will HighRoads make it?"

I worked at HighRoads

Pros

Dynamic organization with many great people. Targeted industry is ripe for the solution

Cons

Recent changes at C-level may or may not prove beneficial.

HighRoads2016-08-25

"In Trouble... but the People are Great"

in Burlington, MA

I worked at HighRoads

Pros

Great people. Start-up mentality, if that's your thing. High salaries. Opportunities to move around the company are (used to be) available. Pretty flat organization, so horizontal movement is more likely.

Cons

Old systems. No professional development. No plan B. Just completed a round of layoffs and morale is probably low. Product will probably get stripped down due to loss of talent and rapidly closing window for delivery.

Advice to Management

With new executive management coming in (partially funded by the layoffs...?) there is a short timeframe to get the new product out the door and on time. September may be a make or break month.

HighRoads2016-07-15