KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

3.8
Highgate Hotels Chief Operating Officer Steve Barick
Steve Barick

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Health benefits are good and if you invest your time with the company they will try to promote you as best they can.(in 41 reviews)
  • "Good pay and experience you learn well from(in 24 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with and amazing environment to learn(in 19 reviews)
  • "Salaries are competitive.(in 12 reviews)
  • "Growth opportunities (If they like you, you can grow fast in your career)(in 11 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Highgate Hotels and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

This company has such momentum!

Apr 21, 2022 - Managing Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growth and more growth. Senior leadership allows you to be autonomous and flex your entrepreneurial muscles. Creative. Aspirational.

Cons

VERY fast moving. Only a con if you tend to approach work with a slower approach.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

New owners with same old management

Jun 20, 2022 - Night Auditor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Didn't work with Highgate for very long. They bought the property I worked at, not long after take over I quit due to not being appreciated by management which was the same as before take over. So I cannot fairly blame Highgate

Cons

Always gave schedule last minute. I saw red flags of fraud going on and informed management and they did nothing. A few weeks later a memo from corporate went around saying someone had tried to card fraud for $10000.00 over 120 times. It was definitely an inside job. I realized management never told corporate about my concerns not did they tell them they found a skimmer at the front desk. I didn't feel safe with info like that being kept from corporate who knows who could have tried to pin that fraud on me.

3. 5.0

Great

Jun 29, 2022 - --None--
    Business Outlook

Pros

nice and supportive work environment

Cons

there is no cons in my opinion

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Highgate Management

May 27, 2022 - Operations Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is one of the largest hotel management positions in the area and continuing to expand. There is a lot of room for growth if approached in an effective way.

Cons

My con is more specific to my property and not the company entirely. I would like to see more focus on solutions than problems from the decision makers. As well more consideration with budgeting to the items needed.

5. 4.0
    Former Employee

Lifeguard

Jun 20, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The job was enjoyable compared to others

Cons

At the specific location could have had better management

6. 4.0

The Job

Jun 19, 2022 - Guest Service Agent in Honolulu, HI
    Business Outlook

Pros

working with people here is pretty good

Cons

management can be controlling at times, and deny you your benefits

7. 5.0

Great Company

Jun 17, 2022 - Senior Accountant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, opportunities, and open forum

Cons

Can be a bit siloed

8. 4.0

Good for growth

Jun 8, 2022 - Store Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

Highgate likes to promote from within

Cons

Didn’t feel supported on increasing pay of baristas

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Horrible management company

Jun 2, 2022 - Operations Manager in Alpharetta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I cannot think of a single one. Everything fell apart once they bought our property.

Cons

They did not set up the time clock before the switchover, or our scheduling website access. They took away our PTO system and misled us prior to the change and strung everyone along for another month after. Pay sucks, my front desk agents make less than McDonald's because of their strict 3% raise rule. Worst part is the clique-iness of corporate. Go to one higher up with legitimate issues and concerns expecting discretion, but uhoh they know the other person so they tell them everything and never even respond to you. That occurred more than once.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

All expectations have been exceeded!

May 17, 2022 - VP Operations
    Business Outlook

Pros

Three weeks in and I am impressed! The onboarding process has been the most thorough, by far, in my career.

Cons

None so far, my expectations have been exceeded in all areas!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 471 Reviews

Highgate Hotels Reviews FAQs

Highgate Hotels has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 488 reviews left anonymously by employees. 65% of employees would recommend working at Highgate Hotels to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Highgate Hotels employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Highgate Hotels. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

65% of Highgate Hotels employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Highgate Hotels 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Highgate Hotels to be coworkers, benefits, career development and the cons to be work life balance, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Highgate Hotels Job Seekers