Cover image for Highmark Health
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Highmark Health Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 24, 2021

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

85.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Highmark Health~6234
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "4. Poor management.(in 51 reviews)
  • "I think upper management is aware it is a problem, but appear to be slow and/or reluctant to address due to internal politics.(in 30 reviews)
  • "High turn over of senior leadership and constantly changing direction of the company.(in 26 reviews)
  • "No training for the job.(in 19 reviews)
  • "Punishments are 'all or none' so that managers do not need to confront troublemakers.(in 18 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Highmark Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

My forever home!

Nov 23, 2021 - Senior Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Great team members -Opportunities for promotion -Flexibility -Work- life balance -PTO -401k

Cons

More integration between internal teams.

Employer Brand

It makes our day to receive your five-star recommendation of Highmark Health! We are glad to hear you are enjoying the work-life balance, flexibility and opportunities. We appreciate your additional feedback as we continue to improve communications and teamwork.

2. 5.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Great place to work! The best team ever

Nov 16, 2021 - Salesforce Administrator in Pittsburgh, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance and a very helpful team

Cons

Nothing I can think of

Employer Brand

We are thrilled to receive your five-star recommendation of Highmark Health! We are glad to hear you are enjoying the work-life balance and team. We appreciate your feedback!

3. Join the Highmark Health team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0

Nov 24, 2021 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work/Life balance, career opportunities, flexibility

Cons

Unpaid parking, rising cost of benefits

Employer Brand

Thank you so much for your review of Highmark Health as a current Manager! We are glad to hear you are enjoying the work-life balance and career opportunities. We appreciate your additional feedback!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Happy at Highmark

Oct 24, 2021 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote Work Benefits Work/Life Balance Career Growth 401k Match

Cons

HR can be hard to reach at times due to high volume

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

This is a great place to build your career!

Sep 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Opportunities for mobility and advancement, salary, benefits, and work/life balance.

Cons

I can't think of any cons.

Employer Brand

It makes our day to receive your five-star recommendation of Highmark Health! We are glad to hear you are enjoying the benefits, salary and opportunities. We appreciate your feedback!

7. 4.0

Great Salary and Benefits

Sep 24, 2021 - Client Manager in Wilmington, DE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome pay and Benefits Package

Cons

Work/Life balance Inadequate support from service areas

Employer Brand

Thank you so much for your review of Highmark Health as a current Client Manager! We are glad to hear you are enjoying the compensation and benefits. We appreciate your additional feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve the employee experience.

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

good work life balance

Sep 20, 2021 - Data Engineer in Pitts, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

For the salary you draw which is very average, you are not too overburdened and get a decent work-life balance. It depends on your manager though. If you want to work a lot and want to learn then there is room for that too

Cons

The compensation is not very competitive. Not sure if this is a con but you will feel that start-up culture sometimes as you may have to wear many hats.

Employer Brand

Thank you for your review of Highmark Health as a current Data Engineer! We are glad to hear you enjoy the work-life balance and we appreciate your additional feedback.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

The Almighty Dollar

Oct 8, 2021 - Care Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home is great

Cons

Horrible work/life balance. Upper management has NO idea how to get job done. No experience and knowledge of job.

Continue reading

Employer Brand

We appreciate your review of Highmark Health as a former Care Manager. Please know, we remain committed to encourage a fulfilling and meaningful career for our employees.

10. 4.0

Great Place, Pay & Benefits

Jul 24, 2021 - Customer Liaison in Pittsburgh, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work. Employee friendly. Great pay & benefits. Work/life balance is excellent.

Cons

I have no complaints at all. I’m a lifer. ☺️

Employer Brand

Thank you for your review of Highmark Health as a current Customer Liaison! We are glad to hear you are enjoying the benefits, pay and work-life balance. We appreciate your feedback!

11. 4.0
    Current Employee

Would give 4.5 stars if I could.. it’s about as good as Corporate America can get.

Mar 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Base salary and annual performance bonuses are very competitive. Health benefits are obviously strong. It’s clear the organization cares about continuing to improve both hard and soft benefits and gauges feedback via surveys. In today’s work culture, any company can get hectic at times but in my career experience I’ve found Highmark has given me the best work-life balance. It’s also been very reassuring that leadership trusts us to work remotely and in fact has praised us for strong performance during such an unprecedented year. I feel very content at Highmark Health and see myself continuing to grow here long-term.

Cons

Coming in from the outside, there is a lot to learn about the Highmark Way, so to speak. There can be a lot of history and internal politics involved in daily work. It can take even the fastest of learners awhile to get adjusted and learn the ropes, which can cause anxiety and stress. There are also a lot of personalities. However, once you’re in and you’ve found your way, the sailing becomes a lot smoother. Because the company is so large, it can feel like you’re just a number, especially if you’re an individual contributor and not a leader. Many communications are passed down through leadership first, so it can turn into a game of Telephone and leave employees feeling less-than. It can feel like more specific employee feedback is not being heard at high levels.

Continue reading

Employer Brand

Thank you so much for your review of Highmark Health as a current employee! We are glad to hear you are enjoying the compensation, benefits and work-life balance. We appreciate your additional feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve the employee experience.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 108 Reviews