KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Highmark Health

Is this your company?

Highmark Health

Add a Review

Highmark Health Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jan 18, 2021

Found 86 of over 771 reviews

3.9
Highmark Health President and CEO David L. Holmberg
David L. Holmberg
Pros
  • "Pay, life/work balance, work from home options(in 44 reviews)

• "Decent salary and good benefits(in 42 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Sometimes work life balance is hard(in 47 reviews)

• "Inflexible upper management, unrealistic expectations, workload can be extreme(in 26 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Highmark Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good Company & Mission

Dec 22, 2020 - Strategy Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Innovating more/improving/headed in the right direction as an organization Good work-life balance Interesting projects to work on

Cons

A little slower to remote work adjustment Integration with AHN could be better

Talent Community Manager

Thank you so much for your five-star recommendation of Highmark Health as a current Strategy Consultant! We are so glad that you enjoy the work-life balance and the work that you're involved in. We appreciate your feedback!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Good

Dec 1, 2020 - Actuarial Analyst in Camp Hill, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance and great employees

Cons

Very slow advancement and not a great work from home policy

Talent Community Manager

It makes our day to receive your five-star recommendation of Highmark Health! We are so glad that you're enjoying the work/life balance and your coworkers. Thank you for your contributions and for being a part of the Highmark Health team! We want you to know that offering and supporting employee development is important to us and we encourage you to reach out to your Manager to learn how you can continue to develop and advance your career.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee

A lot of change

Oct 16, 2020 - Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

people there are very nice and sincere work-life balance is pretty good

Cons

HMK seems to make things complicated for no reason HMK seems to be in a constant change where it's hard to determine which way is up. if the technology isn't changing, then the way you do business is changing, or the organization is changing or all of the above. can't tell how much of the change is necessary

Talent Community Manager

Thank you for your feedback as a current Manager at Highmark Health. We are glad to hear that you are enjoying the work/life balance and your coworkers! We value your concerns and will be sure to share your feedback internally as it helps us consider how we can improve the employee experience.

4. 3.0
      Former Employee

Grind

Jan 18, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Organization has purpose - both payer and provider helping people

Cons

No work life balance for staff

Employer Brand

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review as a former Manager. Please know that we remain committed to encouraging a fulfilling and meaningful career for our employees. We appreciate your feedback!

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Decent benefits and ability to move around company

Sep 17, 2020 - Underwriter in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are good. Work life balance is good

Cons

Growth and development not easily achieved.

Talent Community Manager

Thank you for your review as a former Underwriter at Highmark Health! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the benefits and the work/life balance. We understand the importance of opportunities to advance the careers of our employees and will be sure to share your feedback internally, as we are always looking to improve the employee experience. We appreciate your feedback and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Steady

Sep 27, 2020 - Senior Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent salary and good benefits

Cons

A Terrible work life balance

Talent Community Manager

Thank you for your review as a former Senior Consultant at Highmark Health! We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the compensation and benefits. Please know that making sure our employees have a good work/life balance is one of our main priorities as an organization. We know everyone has unique interests and hobbies and we want our employees to balance success at work with their passions at home. Your concerns are taken seriously and will be shared internally as we are always looking to improve the employee experience. We appreciate your feedback and wish you the best in your future endeavors.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Creative Manager

Oct 25, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Trusting environment, motivational seminars, ample opportunity for growth and persona development, growing diverse and inclusive culture, leadership that are invested in their employees, ability to work from home regularly, flexible schedules

Cons

Sometimes work life balance is hard

6 people found this review helpful

Talent Community Manager

We are thrilled to receive your five-star recommendation of Highmark Health as a Creative Manager! We are so glad you're enjoying your the work environment, opportunities for growth, flexibility and our culture! It's reviews like this that let us know we're on the right track. Thank you for your contributions and for being a part of the Highmark Health team!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Highmark Health Truly Cares About Customers and Employees

Nov 20, 2018 - Senior Compliance Consultant in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

As an employee of over ten years, I can attest that Highmark Health cares about its customers and employees. Each employee is empowered to make a positive impact for our customers each day. We all follow a core set of values that drives our innovation, colloboration, and eventual positive meaningful difference in the lives of all we serve each day. If you want to make a positive impact on those you serve, Highmark Health is definately the place to achieve that. Our organization is very diverse and opportunity exists to have a long career full of variety, challenge, excitement, and personal growth. Highmark Health also focuses on the health and well being of its employees. Throughout my career, Highmark has always encouraged a good work-life balance, provides on-site fitness centers, as well as other initiatives aimed at improving the lives of its employees.

Cons

I really cannot think of any cons of working for Highmark Health. I enjoy each day I come to work knowing that we are making a difference.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great people at a terrible company

Dec 12, 2018 - Senior Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great location, healthy work environment, great people, perfect work/life balance.

Cons

Poor corporate policies and hypocritical "values". Great company being ruined by very stupid HR department. Ridiculous allocation of resources to the wrong departments, hiring freezes when demand increases. Firing large swathes of people directly before busy season. Telling people they are going to get a job then pulling the rug out from under them. Empty promises.

13 people found this review helpful

Account Director

We appreciate your review and take it seriously. We value all employees and are constantly looking for ways to improve their experience with us. Please contact your manager or HR representative about any concerns you have.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Manager Network

Nov 19, 2018 - Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Highmark has first class values that cascade into the work we do each day. For me, working here aligns with my personal values in how you treat your teams and your customers. This is an organization that truly cares about the people who make this company successful! They offer flexibility to their employees regarding work schedules and work/life balance. Offer excellent benefits and employee discount programs. There are many opportunities for advancement in your career as well as developmental programs. The culture here is strong and I'm proud to work at Highmark. I recommend and refer others to work here. They have all been very pleased as well.

Cons

No cons to working here

Account Director

Thank you so much for your five-star recommendation of Highmark Health! We are so glad that you're enjoying your experience working here and the benefits! We appreciate your feedback!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 86 Reviews