Highpoint Global Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated June 13, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ben Lanius

1. "Working at Mt. Vernon facility."

Former Employee - Clerk in Mount Vernon, KY
    Former Employee - Clerk in Mount Vernon, KY

I worked at Highpoint Global full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

HighPoint offers good benefits. Salary is decent for the area.

Cons

No HighPoint management representation in Mt. Vernon, KY. Must arrive 45 min. early for parking & stand out in the cold waiting for the facility to open. Supervisors on site are condescending and rude. Training is poor. Production quotas unrealistic. Employee turnover is excessive. If you are desperate take the job; otherwise look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

The employee turnover alone should help you see that there is a problem with training and with morale.

2. "Content Writer"

Current Employee - Content Specialist in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Content Specialist in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Highpoint Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice office space, easy parking, great location, some very nice employees

Cons

Very immature company; little direction; started company with a government focus then switched to customer experience, but there are few in charge who know anything about customer or citizen experience. Very overpaid management/leaders, mostly male, uneducated, zero training. CEO does not seem to know what is really going on, or maybe he does but doesn't care? We never get new contracts despite what we are told. My specific manager is rude and condescending to some people.

Advice to Management

Be better. Employees do not deserve to be treated the way you treat them.

3. "A Good, Growing Company"

Current Employee - Media Developer in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Media Developer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Highpoint Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

• A trusting and supportive environment
    • Flexible work schedule/location when needed
    • Competitive benefits
    • Great coworkers
    • People-first management
    • Good potential for growth

Cons

• Workload can get intense at times
    • Budget limited by government contracts, thereby constraining team sizes

I've seen a couple negative reviews calling out leadership for not listening. I've never had that experience. If you are doing your job and showing yourself to be competent and trustworthy, leadership will be very open to your comments, ideas, and concerns. That does not mean they will always act on them, but you do have a voice.

Advice to Management

I would just like some clearer career pathing as I feel I have more to offer the company than I am currently doing (not that I don't love my job and team). However, I am aware of some changes coming in the future that might help with that.

4. "Employee"

Former Employee - Senior Accounting Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Senior Accounting Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Highpoint Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work, great benefit and compensation package

Cons

I have nothing negative to comment

"worst 2 years of my life"

Former Employee - TQC in Woodlawn, MD
    Former Employee - TQC in Woodlawn, MD

I worked at Highpoint Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

benefits are good, it's basically impossible to get fired, mgmt and the direction of the company change constantly so it's a wild ride

Cons

management from supervisors all the way up is full of crap. they've never heard of leading by example. no one ever knows what is going on. the pay scale is so outrageous it's actually hilarious people that started when the contract started are over paid and seriously do the least amount of work possible. staff is miserable and the only reason they stay is because they are treated like they can't find anything better.

Advice to Management

i dont even know. seek professional help for sitting back with the contracts and employees suffer and not even batting an eyelash

"Good but Young Company"

Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Instructional Designer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Highpoint Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, ability to work from home if approved/needed, good benefits, decent leadership team, paid training and schooling.

Cons

Focused more on process than creativity, unclear job descriptions, promises of bigger better future (new contracts) but lacking documentation to sustain that or new hires. Hiring sometimes based on family and friends and not actual skills. Lack of career development or advancement.

Advice to Management

Don't de-motivate those that actual care about the company, the client and the contracts. Listen to them and don't punish them for being outspoken. Stop promoting "fake" people that the team can't trust or respect. Provide more team building opportunities and career development. Actual take time to care about our personal lives. Revisit your overall culture by following your employee experience model.

Highpoint Global Response

Jan 17, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for your feedback. Providing a positive Employee Experience (EX) is very important to us and we recognize that a key component in EX is listening to our employees and continuously improving ... More

"Government Contractor, not Entreprenurial"

Former Employee - Content Writer/Editor in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Content Writer/Editor in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Highpoint Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They offered very good benefits and my colleagues were amazing.

Cons

Went from a creative atmosphere to a government contractor atmosphere very quickly. The senior leadership did not support the team leaders. They don't mind leaving a couple of years between raises. They don't mind giving insulting bonuses to groups of people who exceeded all of their targets for the entire year.

Advice to Management

Don't throw your managers or the people who actually DO THE WORK under the bus. Try to evaluate why you keep the low-level team-lead people who take the same discouraging and disheartening actions time after time after time. Teams who exceed goals need to be rewarded, not told, "Don't be too proud." Trust me, they won't.

8. "Wait Six Months"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Highpoint Global full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Solid benefits package, wonderful coworkers

Cons

The company no longer seems to be actively hiring highly-qualified people, as was the obvious focus when the company was first ramping up. However, this varies department to department. Change happens quickly, so the rule of thumb is "wait six months" and see what things look like then.

Advice to Management

Hire and retain quality talent.

"Company in the dark"

Former Employee - Analyst in Woodlawn, MD
    Former Employee - Analyst in Woodlawn, MD

I worked at Highpoint Global full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No one knows what anyone is supposed to be doing and so if you know how to write your own ticket, you will in good shape.

Cons

For those needing direction, good luck. You will be fending for yourself and bored while waiting for the Republican powers that be -- those who run the company and who are killing the ACA--tell you what to do and then it is something ridiculous. No wonder our government does not work. When this company, who wrote a ridiculous proposal with no basis in reality, pairs up with CMS, who does not want to know anything that will reflect negatively, the combination is toxic for employees who really want to do a good job and who want the ACA to work. This company only wants to line its pockets with tax payer dollars so they can buy new laptops for their execs who probably don't even know how to use them. In fact, I don't even think my boss knew what I did or when. What a pathetic excuse for a contractual agency for the government. Maybe Hillary and Bernie need to look at them.

Advice to Management

Quit top loading the important positions with people who are no were near qualified. Stop trying to fill seats so you can bill the government more money. Stop treating your employees like second class citizens.

"If it sounds too good to be true..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Highpoint Global (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits and pay are very competitive.

Cons

It seems like senior management may be in over their heads. The result is that there are not a lot of opportunities for growth and morale is low to toxic.

Advice to Management

Sell the company to someone who knows what they're doing.