Highspot "highspot" Reviews | Glassdoor

Highspot Employee Reviews about "highspot"

Updated Mar 11, 2020

4.7
Highspot  CEO  Robert Wahbe
Robert Wahbe
Pros
Cons
  • "Incredibly fast growing company that runs into its typical growing pains(in 7 reviews)

• "In hyper growth mode, things are always changing(in 7 reviews)

Reviews about "highspot"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Like it"

I have been working at Highspot full-time

Pros

Great culture good people good comp

Cons

None currently that come to mid

Highspot 2020-02-28

"Underwhelming place to work with toxic culture"

Former Employee - Account Development Representative in Seattle, WA

I worked at Highspot full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay was great, people there were fun to work with and fun activities outside of work. Opportunity for advancement was there for those that went after it.

Cons

The main thing that bothered me about working at Highspot was how favorites were always played in the sales department. I saw people get passed up for promotions constantly by new people were friends with the upper management who got fast tracked. All employees complained about it and it was well known but it never changed. Sales management was pretty unhelpful most of the time, so you had to be willing to self direct. I will say that the CEO was awesome!! Also - I was offered a gift card for a positive review when I worked there.

Highspot 2020-03-12
  3. "Corporate Greek Life"

Current Employee - Account Development Representative

I have been working at Highspot full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Fun people on the sales team -good product

Cons

-disconnect between from management and younger sales team due to age difference

Highspot 2020-02-25

"Dysfunctional engineering culture"

I have been working at Highspot full-time

Pros

Tons of growth if you have connections with leadership aka a little bit of nepotism.

Cons

The engineering teams have odd dynamic that is not healthy or enjoyable to work with .

Highspot 2020-02-17

"Nice people to work with but a bad sales culture"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I worked at Highspot full-time for more than a year

Pros

Colleagues were easy to work with and there was a fun company culture Product is good

Cons

For the size of the ADR team there was not much pipeline generated - did not receive very many meetings and the meetings system was completely wonky. ADR team and ADR leadership seem to run the company, which means sales becomes a secondary player and sales concerns aren't listened to. This also means that as a sales rep you have 0 voice.

Highspot 2020-02-13

"BEST PLACE TO WORK"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Highspot full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Best people & culture! - Product is great - easy to use - Amazing customer service. We care about our customers!

Cons

- No slow folks here... need to be able to keep up

Highspot 2020-01-29

"Over-rotated on Sales"

Current Employee - ADR in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Highspot full-time for more than a year

Pros

* Nice product: the best at content management. Alas, that's not enough for the market * Great customer focus

Cons

* Fiefdoms: If you want to advance, you need to kiss the rings. There are some of that in every company, but this company takes it to the next level and brings in literal family members. They bring in mothers, sisters to serve as proxies and spies. So, get in line and watch what you say. * 40-50% of the company is sales. It's all about selling. If you are in other departments, you can suck it.

Highspot 2020-01-26

"Best possible place to work for career growth!"

Current Employee - Account Development Representative in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Highspot full-time for less than a year

Pros

Incredible leadership. Top-notch talent. Collaborative and fun culture. Whether you are fresh out of college or a tenured professional, Highspot is the perfect place for career growth. Work is challenging yet rewarding. The transparency from leadership and the willingness to help is unparalleled. All around amazing experience so far and I look forward to the bright future of this company.

Cons

Just a couple startup growing pains.

Highspot 2019-12-14
  9. "Passionate, driven staff driving an awesome product"

Current Employee - Operations Analyst in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Highspot full-time for less than a year

Pros

I joined Highspot from a much larger company and I've been very impressed with the urgency and passion all teams here put into the company to make things happen. The bias for action is apparent when the company makes changes quickly and isn't afraid to try new ways of doing things. I see this in the teams I work with that are open to ideas to tackle challenges in new ways. The focus on customer success and adoption feels very unique in that the company is laser focused on making sure that customers are set up to be successful. I think this is a truly exceptional part of the Highspot team. The company has put a lot of effort into and continues to focus on maintaining a collaborative culture. They take this approach when interviewing employees and it goes a long way in maintaining a strong bond between employees who genuinely enjoy working together and cross functionally across the org. Jobs here offer the opportunity to take ownership of processes and improvements that you may not get the opportunity to have at larger organizations where processes are more established and departments are reluctant/resistant to change. Pay is competitive Huge focus on onboarding employees and doing it right to ensure they understand the product, industry, and company culture.

Cons

No 401k matching - if you're coming from a larger company the benefits are fine but not as strong as you may be used to depending on the industry. Flexibility in role - if you're looking for a role that is extremely defined (outside of sales) you'll need to be open to being flexible. The company is growing and responsibilities/roles will shift for new projects/initiatives pretty rapidly. This isn't an issue for me personally but something to be mindful of - it can also open up the possibility to take on new challenges.

Highspot 2019-12-09
  10. "Fantastic place to work!"

Current Employee - Account Development

I have been working at Highspot full-time for less than a year

Pros

-The best group of people to work with -Exciting growth in the company -Great reputation in the sales enablement space -Your voice will be heard no matter what level of the organization you are in (recently a coworker published a book and has worked at the company for 6 months, she was able to promote her work in front of the CEO and ENTIRE COMPANY at our weekly meetings!!) -Overall fantastic place to work!

Cons

Seriously none have come up since working here!

Highspot 2019-12-06