Hightail Director Reviews | Glassdoor

Ranjith Kumaran
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Now what remains is angry upper management to lost their pay day (in 5 reviews)

• My boss only lasted a couple of months before he was let go (in 3 reviews)

"Was Good Firm, Tough Industry"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Hightail full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent people who worked well together. High caliber of talent. Brad Garlinghouse had instilled excellent values.

Cons

Although Hightail does not focus on cloud storage it has been difficult to grow in the consumer segment with Microsoft, Google, Amazon, and Apple all going to war against each other using low price and high amounts of storage. Of course the lunatic business model from Box has hurt the valuations of independent firms like Hightail.

Advice to Management

Find an innovative segment quickly to differentiate away from the pack.

"Good Time to Join Late Stage Startup"

Current Employee - Senior Director Business Development in Campbell, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Director Business Development in Campbell, CA

I have been working at Hightail full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I joined about three years ago, and a little over two years ago we got a new CEO, Brad Garlinghouse. Brad has done an excellent job instilling a strong culture that rewards risk taking and passion. The other senior executives brought on board have also been outstanding. There were some disgruntled employees who were let go after Brad's arrival. It's unfortunate some unhappy vocal workers can make more noise than the happy employees (who don't tend to post reviews). I have been at 6 startups over 25 years of which two went public. It's hard to find today a quality, late stage startup like Hightail with a high probability chance for IPO or being acquired. Fun, challenging work.

Cons

The pace of the company is fast with often long hours. However we are at the forefront of making the freemium business model work so picking up fantastic skills and lessons.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on building out a distinctive, fun culture that rewards risk taking, team collaboration, and transparency. The company is refreshingly devoid of politics. With growth let's keep it that way.

3. "Double Check your dealings with this company"

Current Freelancer - Director in London, England (UK)
    Current Freelancer - Director in London, England (UK)

Pros

No Pro from my experience, I think they scammed me,

Cons

Double check your dealings with this company, they charged me for a year, in which time I never received one email. Have no recollection of entering my private details. Had very bad customer service, just received copy and pasted replies, never answered one question about taking money from my bank account. Be very careful when agreeing to their terms ion their site.

Advice to Management

You are scammers, I never received one email about your service whilst you were taking my money