Hill+Knowlton Strategies Reviews

16 Comments

Advertising

115.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/advertising/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Hill+Knowlton Strategies~13555
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Assistant

May 6, 2022 - Administrative Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loved working here great environment

Cons

There are not many cons

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love the Company Culture

May 6, 2022 - PR Assistant Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've only been at H+K for a year and love the company culture. I genuinely like almost all of my colleagues, which I feel like is not very common. When I went on bereavement, the company was so supportive and took care of me and my family.

Cons

Not always as competitive with pay as some of the other big ten PR firms - does not help that they are owned by a huge company, WPP, which controls so much of the pay/benefits

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Early in your career? Consider any other job first

Mar 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Nice to have snacks in the office -401k benefit is good for early-career staffers -Clear timeline for promotion (but not worth staying that long)

Cons

-I've worked and interned at a number of communications-oriented roles. Nowhere have I worked with people more gossipy and mean than those at H&K. There's a nasty culture that runs deep here, at least in the NYC office -Criminally underpaid for New York City. If you're early career and you want to make it in PR, you basically have to have rich parents -No thought put into career development or mentorship. Senior staffers will assign you the busy, unfulfilling work they don't want to do and will put no thought into trying to make the experience worthwhile for you -Head out and buy lunch? Go grab a coffee? Expect that to be deducted from your timesheet. They want you on the clock all the time

2 people found this review helpful
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Rough place to work

May 19, 2022 - Public Relations
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get paid and they have good health benefits as a result of being a WPP company. It depends who you report.

Cons

Lots and lots of incompetent people in leadership. The attrition rate is insane I would only take this job if you dont have any other options.

5. 3.0

Great job

May 19, 2022 - Warehouse Worker
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay and bonuses is a plus

Cons

Bad Managment not organized at all

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

A wonderful start for my career

Mar 15, 2022 - Assistant Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, incredible PTO and fantastic and diverse clients

Cons

Salary, potential for weekend work

7. 3.0

Long Term Commitment

Apr 12, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers and team Good Benefits

Cons

Often long hours Managers can be very close-minded No investment in internal talent

8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Amazing Company

Jan 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are the best. I feel fortunate that i got to work with some of the best in the Communications industry.

Cons

none- its an amazing place

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent Place to Work

Jan 31, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great teammates, excellent client work, and incredibly supportive environment.

Cons

Average benefits, long hours, and pay could be more competitive

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Lots of experience- little down time

Oct 8, 2021 - Fellow in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The environment is friendly and welcoming. My coworkers and supervisors were always ready to help me when needed and made sure I knew that no question is a stupid one. The company is big on inclusion and diversity.

Cons

The only downside is the lack of work life balance. Agency life is known to come with long hours so I guess that might be why it is so normal to everyone but it can be extremely grueling.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 484 Reviews

Hill+Knowlton Strategies Reviews FAQs

Hill+Knowlton Strategies has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 633 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at Hill+Knowlton Strategies to a friend and 63% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 14% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Hill+Knowlton Strategies employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Hill+Knowlton Strategies. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

75% of Hill+Knowlton Strategies employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Hill+Knowlton Strategies 3.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Hill+Knowlton Strategies to be benefits, career development, coworkers and the cons to be management, senior leadership, culture.

Popular Careers with Hill+Knowlton Strategies Job Seekers