Hill Physicians Medical Group Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
David Joyner
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The leadership also values work/life balance and options such as telecommuting" (in 13 reviews)

• "Room for growth of all employees" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "remotely from Nevada as an independent contractor, I would like to be a full-time employee with benefits" (in 3 reviews)

• "Upper management promoted a few "unqualified" people to management positions and passed over the "qualified" ones causing brain-drain in the company" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Growth and Opportunity"

Pros

I am a full time employee at Hill Physicians Medical Group. I have enjoyed working with Hill Physicians (over 5 years) and highly value the company’s leadership and many opportunities for professional growth. During my employment I have been supported to grow and work within various departments and expand my knowledge of the healthcare field in new and exciting ways. I have particularly enjoyed their commitment to employee wellness and the variety of service offerings on a regular basis to encourage staff to live healthy, happy lives. The leadership also values work/life balance and options such as telecommuting.

Cons

I would like to see management foster more collaboration among team members and cross functionally across departments rather than operating in silos.

Advice to Management

I would encourage management to communicate with their staff to find out what makes them feel good about their job, what they enjoy and how they can bring their best skills forward.

2. "Cold, it's just about what you can do for them"

I worked at Hill Physicians Medical Group full-time

Pros

there are some friendly, passionate people who worked there for a long time
    certain departments have a better culture than others

Cons

For some departments, people are nice and friendly when they want something you can provide, but very cold and impersonal when they do not deem you valuable.
    The feeling is that you are constantly being watched and judged behind closed doors

3. "Challenging place"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Hill Physicians Medical Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pretty good benefits some departments have good telecommute policies. Nice building and location. Good wellness program, massage day, exercise day.

Cons

Pay structure needs an overhaul. Seems that being a performer gets you more work but not more pay or upward mobility. Many departments lose good staff because they inhibit and shun new ideas.

Advice to Management

Maybe HR should run analytics based on performance reviews. If team members consistently get good reviews but never seem to advance in their role or career it should be a red flag. You risk burnout and turnover when people have to work hard proving themselves time after time , and have been with the organization for a while and see little to no recognition on their paycheck or opportunity for advancement. Also, those performers should be rewarded with more telecommute options. Commuting an hour or more to and from work is wasted time. Adapt to the climate of the Bay Area. And commute times make work like balance nearly impossible.

4. "A lucrative mistake"

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Oakland, CA
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Oakland, CA

I worked at Hill Physicians Medical Group (More than a year)

Pros

Hour lunch. Good benefits package and health incentives. The facility is nice. Seems like there is room for growth depending on where you'd like your career to go.

Cons

Prejudice lies beneath the surface of all of the hiring they do. The work atmosphere can form cliques that will eventually destroy your career if you aren't careful. Aka. Kiss the right butts and you'll be fine.

Advice to Management

Try severing ties with employees in a more humane fashion.

5. "could improve"

I worked at Hill Physicians Medical Group full-time

Pros

friendly coworkers, decent pay, nice building

Cons

stressful
    horrible management
    ZERO flexibility in schedule - ABSOLUTELY NO DAYS OFF
    workload

Advice to Management

Find ways to make computer programs easier to use

6. "RN Case Manager"

Former Employee - RN Case Manager in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - RN Case Manager in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Hill Physicians Medical Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Employee focused, great work-life balance, 401k matching program

Cons

Losing some of the small business feel

7. "Customer service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Coordinator in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Hill Physicians Medical Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company overall is good,Nice building, benefits, paid training, a lot of company perks such as office work out,meditation, massage

Cons

Full time until training is complete then part time, management is one big gang and only help favorites. A lot of bullies outside of the customer service department everyone is nice

Advice to Management

Management outside of customer service needs to review calls and monitor cs management

8. "Overall a good place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Hill Physicians Medical Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I liked most people I worked with. The CEO and CAO are very down to earth and friendly. Working environment is not bad except a few haughty people, especially in "Clinical Team", with bad attitude but they are usually everywhere, not only this company. Offers opportunities to learn new skills (SAS EG, Tableau, SSRS, ....etc.).

Cons

No room to grow once you reach a certain level. I would have stayed only if there were more opportunities for advancement. But for mid-size company there are limitations. Upper management promoted a few "unqualified" people to management positions and passed over the "qualified" ones causing brain-drain in the company.

Advice to Management

A good worker is not always the "friendliest" person or a "good talker" but is someone who gets the job done. I have seen too many people getting promoted solely on their ability to be able to "talk the talk" but not "walk the walk".

9. "Program Projects Manager"

I worked at Hill Physicians Medical Group full-time

Pros

Pleasant employee base, very collaborative and knowledgeable employees in IT.

Cons

Probably worst IT Infrastructure group ever worked with. PMs constantly under duress, come and go every 4-6 months. IT meetings and collaboration are in the dark ages. Would not do that job for IT if they could pay $200,000/year in present state.

Advice to Management

Improve the culture and decompress that archaic leadership style of management by intimidation. The medical practice will set HPMG apart. Change or perish.

10. "HRM"

I worked at Hill Physicians Medical Group full-time

Pros

Nice place to work prior to selling off of the company to big business

Cons

No longer does the company value its work force IMO

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and seek employee input prior to major changes