Hill's Pet Nutrition Reviews
Updated Jun 4, 2023
Filter by Topic
Found 253 of over 305 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
- "Great benefits with the Colgate" (in 54 reviews)
- "Good Pay but that’s about it." (in 24 reviews)
- "Great people to work with." (in 17 reviews)
- "Good work/life balance" (in 16 reviews)
- "Consistent with other reviews, Hill's / Colgate salary and benefits are top tier." (in 6 reviews)
- "Poor management, not connected to the real world of the pet business at the time" (in 20 reviews)
- "life balance really depends on your role and direct manager." (in 6 reviews)
- "Poor leadership" (in 6 reviews)
- "Ghastly sales management, bullying, terrible culture high staff turnover" (in 5 reviews)
- "Senior management all new within the past 2 years, very inexperienced." (in 4 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Hill's Pet Nutrition and is not affected by filters.
- Race / Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Parent or Family Caregiver
- Veteran Status
- Former Employee★★★★★Featured Review
Great place, great owners, great staffJun 20, 2022 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good pay Lots of hours Lots of learning Good for teaching staff
Staff has been there for a long time (not a bad thing), just makes there less room to grow in the clinic itself
- Current Employee★★★★★
Love itMay 3, 2023 - Territory Manager in New York, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Benefits, health and personal and flexibility
Amount of travel is taxing
- Former Employee★★★★★
Lots of red flagsJun 4, 2023 - Anonymous EmployeeRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Pay is quite good. I’m sure it’s there to distract you from the issues The people (non management types) are great.
1. Management moves your target consistently. I don’t believe this is done to be malicious but because management is not focused. They switch their priorities like the shifting wind. As a result the people who are supposed to execute the priorities are all running around ragged trying to figure out what of their twenty priorities they need to work on. 2. HR is non existent. If you need HR help you are screwed. You won’t be able to get them and if you do you will get either indifferent attitude or wrong information. Their VP of HR is completely out of touch and has no idea what is going on in her department. 3. Your great pay is awesome however if there is a mistake you will wait for weeks to get resolution. Again HR will be oblivious to this and will tell you sorry it’s really stressful here and please be understanding. 4. Management is a big clique. They will protect themselves and allow the front line employees take the fall. Management will never have your back. On the rare occasion you get one who does have your back they will be fired or moved to another job. 5. Management doesn’t communicate to employees at all. When they do it’s very vague and anything you do find out you are not allowed to share because they are afraid competitors will find out. 6. You are asked to lie all the time. During Covid they experienced out of stocks just lien lost everyone else. Management would tell reps to tell doctors that we will be back in stock in 6-8 weeks. They knew very well they would not make that deadline but they insisted that staff communicate it. Additionally they tell doctors that they are not going to fulfill Chewy or Amazon before they fill doctors orders. That’s totally untrue. The company has a policy of ecom first and they know that telling that to doctors will cost them business as Chewy and Amazon don’t recommend food.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
great place to start outMay 25, 2023 - Procurement Specialist in Topeka, KSRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
genuinely nice people that want to help you, good pay
not very flexible for a work from home job, do not offer wfh opportunities unless you are at senior level, company can be disorganized at times and won’t tell you everything you need to know when first starting out. also location isn’t ideal and the employees are mainly in the 50sContinue reading
- Former Employee★★★★★
Pretty coolMay 31, 2023 - Desktop Support TechnicianRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Relaxed work environment Good pay Cool people
There really are not any.
- Current Employee, more than 3 years★★★★★
Fantastic products, co-workers, and leadershipMar 22, 2023 - Territory MaanagerRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Hill's products are top of the line, science based, innovative products. They are well received in the wellness, and therapeutic channels. Leadership works very hard to listen to issues from everyone in the company. There is a lot of transparency.
Hills has a very strong culture, and it can take some time to fully appreciate it. A lot to juggle, but highly manageable. Since it is a very large company, not necessarily the most nimble.Continue reading
- Former Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
Currently the only good thing is the moneyFeb 2, 2023 - Consumer Affairs Specialist in Topeka, KSRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Pay Great products Discount with other Colgate products as well as Hill's products My team was wonderful
HR has absolutely no contact with employees unless it's to write them up or fire them HR does not offer any other type of assistance to employees that may be struggling There is no contact between departments and manufacturing facilities, making it difficult for customer-facing employees to be effective and helpful at their jobContinue reading
- Current Employee, more than 1 year★★★★★
Still worth working hereMar 22, 2023 - Production Tech 1 in Richmond, INRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Good pay, a lot to learn and improve on and a lot of people to learn from, plus there is an education benefit
Lot of bureaucracy and involvement from people not involved in the manufacturing process and too many bosses
- Current Employee, less than 1 year★★★★★
Great Company! Great TeamApr 3, 2023 - Specialist in Topeka, KSRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
Remote/Understanding Company/ Work life balance/ Clear expectations/ rewards and recognition.
IT/HR are not easy to deal
- Former Employee, more than 5 years★★★★★
great jobApr 6, 2023 - CSR in Chester, NYRecommendCEO ApprovalBusiness Outlook
good workkng environment good group of people
heavy labor some over nights
Hill's Pet Nutrition Reviews FAQs
Hill's Pet Nutrition has an overall rating of 4.0 out of 5, based on over 305 reviews left anonymously by employees. 76% of employees would recommend working at Hill's Pet Nutrition to a friend and 76% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.
76% of Hill's Pet Nutrition employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Hill's Pet Nutrition 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.0 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.
According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Hill's Pet Nutrition to be coworkers, compensation, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.