KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Updated Jun 12, 2021

4.1
Hilti North America Region Head and Chief Executive Officer Martina McIsaac
Martina McIsaac
Pros
  • "Fosters a great work life balance(in 79 reviews)

• "Great products and great reliability(in 53 reviews)

• Cons
  • "promotional items paid for by account managers profit dollars(in 30 reviews)

• "Little direction from upper management(in 28 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Hilti North America and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Account Manager III

Jun 9, 2021 - Account Manager in Miami, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Company, great place to work.

Cons

The salary is based on the experience or the agreement at the moment you start in the position.

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great company for training and getting a start

Apr 12, 2021 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Phenomenal training, even during a pandemic - Flat organization means you get access to higher up individuals very early on - Proven processes and tools for salespeople to use - Ability to make your own schedule with help of manager to a certain degree - If you're willing to move, there is phenomenal growth potential - A lot of people have good tenure and are great resources, and most people are extremely willing to help other which is part of the Hilti culture

Cons

- Account manager position seems to work extremely well for people who come through the store or start there as their first job out of college - Territory is determined by some metrics that seem wonky. People end up with really tough territories or really good territories and that may make or break the experience with the company

Hilti North America Response

Hilti North America

Thank you for writing a review. We're happy to see you enjoyed your time with us and want to wish you all the best for your future career. We will ensure your feedback is passed to our leadership team.

3. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

This place is not what it used to be.

May 19, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the people you work with are kind and willing to help. Martina is an amazing leader and she is the change we needed.

Cons

Too many brand new team members are being offered salaries that are higher than those who have been around for a while. The directors sit in roles and never move; which creates bottlenecks for career progression. Way too much drama in many of the departments. Leaders are rude and treat people poorly, but somehow get to keep their jobs - because “they’re global talent”. It is so demotivating. Definitely a game of favorites and the politics are becoming increasingly difficult to deal with. While Martina is absolutely wonderful, too many old school thinkers are driving the company into the ground.

4 people found this review helpful
    4. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Deceiving to get you in the door

May 27, 2021 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent work life balance. Will find some decent people in the organization willing to help you. Benefits are just good enough to keep you around for a little while.

Cons

As much as they say they hire from within, I have not seen this at all. Some clear management issues. I’ve seen a fairly high turnover rate and they will advertise a high retention rate. Ask a lot of questions about specific job duties. I found myself doing A LOT more then written in the job description!

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Caring and performance oriented culture

May 24, 2021 - Director in Bethesda, MD
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture drives the organization. Purpose driven to make a difference not only in business, but also our local communities. Large company that has found a way to have a small company feel (hint, hint: it's the people).

Cons

Fast paced and ability to adapt to change is a must.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

May 26, 2021 - Account Manager in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

promotion from within oriented (mostly if you're willing to relocate) development of people supporting people with resources that they need to get the job done

Cons

Positions only available in larger markets Highly dependent on local construction market situation

7. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great Company, Could pay More

Jun 9, 2021 - Store Account Manager in Honolulu, HI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Corporate company that shows they care about their employees

Cons

Could pay better. Many changes in salary and bonus structure sometimes make commission confusing.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Finance Analyst

Dec 22, 2020 - Financial Analyst in Plano, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company values learning and improving processes to improve accuracy of financials. They are open to new ideas and provide the flexibility with time and scheduling to allow you to execute your development in the direction you would like. The team makes an effort to cross train all team members so all team members can fill as back-up in case of vacations/sick days. The PTO and benefits are great at Hilti! I never feel I am drowning in work and work 40-45 hours a week, out of choice to work extra because I love my job!

Cons

Advancement can be difficult if you can’t relocate because of the global attitude of the company. In hand with that, favor is definitely given to those from European countries for advancement before anyone else. Many people sit in their positions for 5+ YEARS with their outdated processes. It hinders the advancement of technology and efficiency at Hilti and many large processes are still handled with excel which is a major disappointment. Opportunity in Finance is very limited by what finance team you are on (given to feeder positions) and if you are lucky enough to have visibility with the leaders. Many people are looked over for projects and find It hard to get development opportunities in areas they want to learn.

1 person found this review helpful

Hilti North America Response

Hilti North America

Thank you for your honest review. Innovation is part of our DNA and it's great to hear that through a constant approach of learning and development we're able to improve accuracy within the finance department. Thank you for your feedback, we will ensure this is escalated to our management team - thank you for always going the extra mile!

9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good company, happiness dependent of manager

May 8, 2021 - Accelerated Leadership Program (ALP)
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent benefits, easy work week.

Cons

Being at the bottom of the totem pole, you can be used and abused by upper level salesman. Your space becomes their space, and their duties get put on you. Manager should protect and help you, but mine seemingly never was on my side with development/growth. He was numbers/metrics oriented, assumingely because his pay structure was metrics based.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

BEST Company I've worked for

May 24, 2021 - N/A in Plano, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Environment Pay Benefits Work Life Balance Everthing

Cons

I really don't know what to put here

Viewing 1 - 10 of 893 Reviews