Hilti North America Reviews | Glassdoor

Hilti North America Reviews

Updated December 5, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • With everything from family leave and time off to flexible work arrangements, the company provides a opportunity to create your own work life balance (in 38 reviews)

• Great products, excellent services, strong front-line team (in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • Some positions require a lot of travel so work life balance can be difficult for some (in 16 reviews)

• Not as competitive bonus structure compared to large sales companies (in 19 reviews)

1. "Business Partner"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Hilti North America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company culture isn't just lip service. We truly evidence the commitment to team members through actions shown during times of need (natural disaster, family emergencies, etc.) Strong people processes to develop both in-role and cross-functionally for employees who desire advancement.

Cons

Sometimes slow to take decisions/ see revenue generation due to thorough nature of Market Intelligence gathering and product innovation process.

2. "Very progressive company"

I have been working at Hilti North America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very collaborative and inclusive environment.
    Great (international) career opportunities.
    Highest quality in everything Hilti does (products, services, software)
    Outstanding benefit program

Cons

There is nothing I can thing of

3. "North American Headquarters in Plano, TX"

Current Employee - Communications Coordinator in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Communications Coordinator in Plano, TX

I have been working at Hilti North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is this amazing culture that everyone really lives and so many training and growth opportunities along with support that is unmatched anywhere else. There are always initiatives to do more with your coworkers, especially giving back to the community. The office building itself is impressive and you can't beat the amenities like the coffee bar, grab and go/food service, and garage area!

Cons

Some positions do not have a defined career path and you may be stuck with the same job title for a long time unless you decide to go out :to the field" into a sale position then your opportunities open up.

Advice to Management

Give employees more transparency in some of the decisions made and why.

4. "Materials Manager"

Current Employee - Materials Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Materials Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Hilti North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great working environment, great culture, I enjoy coming to work everyday!

Cons

Traffic to and from Plano

5. "Something new"

Current Employee - Marketing in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing in Plano, TX

I have been working at Hilti North America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love Hilti because the opportunities for new adventures are always available. If you want to stay in one career field you can but if you want to move to different departments or countries you can. This is my favorite place to work!

Cons

The development oppportunities that you are given can feel overwhelming.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward.

6. "Above the rest Hilti!"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Hilti North America full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Hilti to me has been a great place to work because the possiblities are endless. Depending on your drive and make up as an individual the sky is the limit. Hilti not only specialize in sales, but logistics, finance, marketing, and training. It is all here and that is something special.

The 401K match of 6% is unheard of in other companies.

Cons

The only con I can think of is matching salries to the area in which you live in. Cost of living is not the same across the board.

Advice to Management

Figure out a way to make living in "HIGH" cost of living cities affordable.

7. "Great Place to work"

I have been working at Hilti North America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, culture and values

Cons

Career limited without sales experience

8. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Hilti North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hilti, Inc. is a great company with defined values and culture, that truly walks the talk. A great mix of generations working in a collaborative atmosphere. Awesome products and services. Great benefits.

Cons

More consistent communication between teams is needed.

Advice to Management

Keep driving success...keep improving benefits...keep communicating to all employees.

9. "Caring culture with opportunities to grow and advance"

Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Plano, TX

I have been working at Hilti North America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company tries to select people that demonstrate ability to work well as a team and that are committed to great work and customer service - both internally and externally - to customers that purchase Hilti products. This makes for a very advanced and professional working atmosphere. Pay and benefits seem to be relatively on par with market and industry. Flexible work arrangement is very nice.

Cons

Workload can seem a bit overwhelming at times, causing work hours to get out of balance with life outside working hours.

Advice to Management

Continue hiring caring and committed people. Listen to current employees who are feeling the strain of their workload.

10. "Great place to work and gain new skill sets."

I have been working at Hilti North America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hilti trains and develops their people very well.

There are opportunities for everyone as long as you're willing to travel and relocate.

The pay is good. Bonuses are also good. They do like to find reasons to pay you if you're in the field.

The benefits are hands down some of the best I've had. They also continue to evolve and have changes since the years I've been here.

Managers do seem to care about your well being and drive home a "family first" mentality.

They do promote well from within and it's one of the more diverse workforces I've had opportunity to work with.

Cons

It's not a consistent experience from manager to manager. Some managers are definitely better than others at developing their people.

They do take feedback from everyone annually, but a lot of changes seem to be short lived. This could be an outlying response in my region.

They have very aggressive targets as a company, so sometimes variable income or performance metrics may seem tough to achieve for most people.

Depending on direct management, you may have a harder time moving within the company. Being "blocked" is a common term throughout the organization.

If you don't drink the "koolaid" and accept the culture, you don't last long.

If you're not mobile you will be extremely limited on your promotions and passed up.

Advice to Management

Goals seem to be only driven from the top. There needs to be better clarity on how goals are set and met halfway from the bottom-up to the top-down.

Increase bonus structure for corporate employees and field engineers.

When they have networking events at corporate, it should be properly communicated into the field. A lot of people don't know the opportunities they have within the company. We lose talented people by not showing them what we have to offer holistically and they move elsewhere because they're "stuck" under their current manager.

Allow more regional teamwork events (at least we don't see any). The field is a lonely place and sometimes it's good to re-energize with the team in person.

Sometimes it feels like our region (HNA) doesn't have a strong enough voice in the overall picture of Hilti. I think we need more American influences overseas.