Hilti North America Reviews | Glassdoor

Hilti North America Reviews

Updated April 12, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Great company to work for with alignment with work/life balance (in 32 reviews)

• Great products, excellent services, strong front-line team (in 39 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance can be challenged by job demands - especially if you want to maximize your income or develop your career beyond your job (in 14 reviews)

• Very difficult and always changing bonus structure (in 18 reviews)

"So Far, So Good."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Hilti North America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you go around Hilti and ask "How long have you been at here?", don't be surprised to hear "10, 20, 30, 35 years" I have only been at the company a few weeks but there is so much room for growth with opportunities across departments, functions, cities, states, and even internationally. You'll never be stuck in one position your whole career, unless that's something you want to do. I love the culture and especially the people. Everyone is so passionate about what they do and are willing to help out whenever you need it. Everyone in the company has a common goal, and Hilti does an awesome job of enabling every individual to do their part and ultimately achieve it.

Cons

The company has found ways to success and it is sometimes hard to convince everyone to try something new and try a new approach.

2. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales in Phila, PA
    Former Employee - Sales in Phila, PA

I worked at Hilti North America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance. Lots of room for personal growth. great consistent training. Company car. No hassle with submitting mileage reporting

Cons

Not much. Pay can always be better. But overall good place to work with a great culture. I wish more companies were like this today. I left. I wish I was back there

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

3. "Great Job"

Current Employee - Hilti Center Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Hilti Center Representative in Chicago, IL

Pros

The company really invests in their employees. As a whole, Hilti, inc has a clear goal of where they'll be in the future, and what it takes to get there.

Cons

There's very little cons with this company. Hilti's structure is always changing, so if you don't like something just wait a few months.

Advice to Management

Focus more on internal promotions.

5. "New Hire - Marketing"

Current Employee - Marketing in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing in Plano, TX

I have been working at Hilti North America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have worked full-time on the digital team for Hilti for more than 8 months. My first impression of Hilti was their emphasis on company culture. Additionally, the company and employees have a real sense of pride that their organization is creating some of the best products in the construction industry.

Hilti recently expanded their scope beyond products and service to software, applications, and other digital efforts. I liked that the company didn’t just tip-toe into this endeavor. The company invested heavily by opening a third floor at their Plano North American headquarters solely dedicated just to software and other digital departments.

The “9th floor” has some features I have not seen at any other company I have worked for. Meeting rooms can be reserved for months at a time for long projects. These meeting rooms have expo boards around the whole meeting room with temporary desks. Moreover, they have phone rooms, huddle rooms, and meeting/conference rooms that have TVs for presenting or video conferencing.

-Benefits (Aetna health plan, dental, vision, HSA, 401K, health incentives)

-Bonus based on performance

-9th floor culture: Wellness rooms (nap/recharge rooms), Cable TV area, foosball table, coffee bar, cornhole

-Gym and locker room on the 1st floor

-In-house barista, catered food, and snacks

Cons

-Sometimes the organization is slow to implement new technologies. Additionally, the organization is behind in regards to marketing automation.

Advice to Management

Enable hubs to control their marketing strategy and technology platforms.

6. "Great company!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Hilti North America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great training in sales, good base pay, great mentoring, great programs for those that want to advance

Cons

Not enough product training, capped bonuses

7. "Inside Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Hilti North America full-time

Pros

Worked with great team of people. Good benefits, pay, and time off. Amazing training program.

Cons

Must be willing to relocate to move up in company

8. ""Gung Ho" is for the birds"

Former Employee - Administrative in Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Administrative in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Hilti North America full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Steady salary.
    Nice cafeteria onsite.
    Chance to own nice tools.

Cons

Again, it is about who you know and not what you know.
    If you have *any* sort of a personal issue (illness, tragedy)--you can forget receiving any type of understanding.
    Advancement is not very good.

Advice to Management

Really adhere to the "Gung Ho" training that was shoved down our throats for so long. Otherwise, it's easy to see why the place is made up of so many paycheck-players.

9. "Great company. Spotty management."

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Ambridge, PA
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Ambridge, PA

I have been working at Hilti North America (More than 3 years)

Pros

Their benefits package is the best I've ever seen, and their pay is very competitive for the work performed. They will work with you when you need temporary schedule changes. Plenty of overtime opportunity. Fun, laid back environment.

Cons

Management has no shop experience but is still often to breath down your neck telling you how to do things things their wait. Too much emphasis on getting work done quickly than the safety of doing it right. Busy times can really slam you with excessive overtime. Slow times often result in temporary layoffs.

Advice to Management

TRUST IN YOUR EMPLOYEES! You hired them, so have more faith that they know what they're doing.

10. "Outbound Sales Rep"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Hilti North America full-time

Pros

Great company to work for with alignment with work/life balance. Exceptional product. Company knows how to invest in the items that will create the most value.

Cons

To promote sometimes you have to move. Other than that I have nothing negative to say about the company at all.

11. "Account Manager"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Hilti North America (More than 8 years)

Pros

Decent sales job, great customers

Cons

They jack up your numbers so much you can't make bonus

Advice to Management

be consistent