Hilton Austin Reviews

Updated Oct 4, 2019

4.7
  1. "Truly a Best Place to Work at"

Current Employee - Banquets Administrative Coordinator in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hilton full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work at! Great, unique culture! Hilton takes care of its employees as much as they care for their guests. Great employee benefits. Awesome maternal leave paid time off.

Cons

People get too comfortable in their positions and they don't leave for years making it hard to move up within the company.

October 7, 2019Digital HR Analyst

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and offer feedback. It's nice to be acknowledged for what we do well and especially rewarding to have you represent our Values. Thank you for all you do!

"I love this company"

Current Employee - Bartender in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hilton part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

They truly care about you, great travel benefits world wide, my team is like family, opportunities to move up in company

Cons

Open 365 days a year

May 3, 2019Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and this review. Your comments are appreciated and valued. Hilton works diligently to promote a positive work environment and a culture that embraces all of our values. We are glad this is the case for you!

3. "Great Overall"

Current Employee - Bartender in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hilton full-time for less than a year

Pros

Benefits, Volume, Pay, Travel Benefits

Cons

Corporate Policies are strict making for less liquidity between positions within the hotel, Travel Benefits are difficult to navigate

April 5, 2019Human Resources Manager

4. "Excellent Workplace"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hilton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits and Perks are amazing, and it seems like they are consistently being updated and added to. They truly promote a work/life balance and encourage team members to travel and volunteer. My hotel in particular has an open-door policy and really believes in promoting from within, offering plenty of opportunities to learn more and cross-train. I really enjoy the people I work with and the overall environment.

Cons

As with any company, communication can be an issue, but I do believe it's being worked on is always getting better.

September 10, 2018Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and offer feedback. As you know, it is our desire to be competitive in our industry and offer the best to our Team Members. It's nice to be acknowledged for what we do well and especially rewarding to have you represent our Values. Thank you for all you do!

5. "Guest Service Representative"

Current Employee - GSR in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hilton full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great pay and the benefit are wonderful

Cons

Open 24 hours and over booked

Hilton Response

June 15, 2018Social Media Strategy Contractor.

6. "Revenue Analyst"

Former Employee - Revenue Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Hilton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits! Travel Program, 401k, Insurance

Cons

Lack of transparency and communication at a property level. Work/life balance is nonexistent. Property culture is not consistant. Promoting with your community/property can be a challenge. Company is continuously evolving which could and can lead to positions being eliminated or restructuring; increased work load, conflicts with work/life balance, etc.

Hilton Response

June 25, 2018Social Media Strategy Contractor.

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide feedback. It's nice to hear such positive feedback about our management. Thank you for filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality while you were employed with us. We certainly appreciate the contributions you made.

7. "No talent required"

2.0
    Current Employee - Line Cook I in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hilton full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits are what most of the staff stay for

Cons

Working around the 6 day schedule and the lack of true teamwork

April 23, 2018Alexis, Human Resources

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We appreciate your candor. Though we strive to promote a positive working environment, it sounds from your remarks that there could be opportunities for improvement. Please know your comments have been shared with leadership. As always, we encourage you to provide your feedback directly with your manager or HR team to ensure any opportunities are addressed. Thank you again for taking the time to give us a review and for your commitment to Hilton.

8. "Pre Arrival Coordinator"

Current Employee - Pre Arrival Coordinator in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hilton full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The Hilton Austin has great team members and great managers. Everyone here has the desire to make people happy. We all work as a team and help each other we needed.

Cons

The only thing I would change is the pay. I have been here for 10 years and my pay has not changed to match the cost of living here in Austin.

January 3, 2018Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

9. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Bellman/Valet in Austin, TX

I worked at Hilton full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great benefits -You are given all the tools you need to make a guest stay enjoyable and right a wrong with out any negative feed back from management.

Cons

-Only con is that you can't have a off day when dealing with guest.

September 22, 2017Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and provide feedback for us. We appreciate your comments and are glad that you enjoyed your internship as well as sharing and promoting our hospitality culture and vision. We wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors!

10. "Great People Great service!"

Current Employee - Lobby Attendant in Austin, TX