Hilton Baltimore Reviews

Updated Mar 26, 2019

3.2
  1. "Hilton kool company great place 2 wrk"

Current Employee - Cook in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Hilton full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good benifits great company and

Cons

Iys to far to walk

October 27, 2017Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide some feedback. We appreciate you exemplifying our values and sharing our vision of hospitality in everything you do. Keep up the great work!

2. "It's a career choice!"

Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Hilton full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay is great and you're always going to work an 8 hour shift with accumulating PTO and vacation time.

Cons

During the slow months with little guests you won't get man hours if any at all.

March 15, 2019Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide feedback. Advancement opportunities happen if and when we have very specific business needs, and many other factors weigh in as well. We are glad you are happy with your progress and we can't wait to see where your future with Hilton takes you. You are an extraordinary hospitality professional and make Hilton a great place to work. We appreciate all you do, keep up the great work!

3. "Worst place"

1.0
    Current Employee - Banquet Houseman in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Hilton full-time for more than a year

Pros

New experience to me and it was good

Cons

It's a bad place to work in, the department is not organized everything randomly

March 28, 2019Human Resources Manager

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We appreciate your candor. Though we strive to promote a positive working environment, it sounds from your remarks that there could be opportunities for improvement. Please know your comments have been shared with leadership. As always, we encourage you to provide your feedback directly with your manager or HR team to ensure any opportunities are addressed. Thank you again for taking the time to give us a review and for your commitment to Hilton.

4. "My experience only."

Current Employee - Security Supervisor in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Hilton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Discounted room rates. Promotions from within. Development courses to advance your career.

Cons

PTO approval process needs work. You do not know if you're approval until the schedule is generated. Dealing with illegal street vendors and homeless individuals are the worst part of the job. Department managers are inconsistent and do not communicate with each other.

January 28, 2019Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review and offering feedback as we value your honesty. We are disappointed to hear that you are not experiencing the working dynamic as you had hoped and one that we strive to promote. As you know, it is important for us to have our Team Member's feel heard. As such, if you would like any further assistance in addressing these concerns, please reach out to your HR team or manager.

"Guest Agent"

Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Hilton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I love helping and assisting others

Cons

Some people are not team players.

October 7, 2017Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

6. "work life"

Current Employee - Senior Network Engineer in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Hilton full-time for more than a year

Pros

best for work for all aspects

Cons

none best for growth

May 3, 2017Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

7. "Being a Banquet Server"

Current Employee - Banquet Server in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Hilton part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pay isn't bad and the discounts are pretty decent.

Cons

Management, sales and upper management wont pay us gratuity. I feel its to help keep bonuses high.

April 3, 2017Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

8. "Hilton Company Review - Full Time Supervisor"

Current Employee - Restaurant Supervisor in Annapolis, MD

I have been working at Hilton full-time for less than a year

Pros

great company. offers flexibility and job growth

Cons

As of yet no huge cons to provide

March 3, 2017Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

9. "Hilton worldwide"

Banquet Server in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Hilton

Pros

Good pay and nice employees

Cons

No benefits, may not have hours

January 31, 2017Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

"How do you get involved in HR?"

2.0
    Former Employee - Front Office in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Hilton full-time

Pros

Employee Meals, Hilton Worldwide offers great opportunities at other locations. This location seems to be where they send lemons.

Cons

Human Resources Department is the place to be. If you work here, look around at some of the incompetent coworkers and managers, and recognize that they were hired by the HR department! Clearly they are underperforming, but have zero accountability! They just keep hiring more losers and blaming the workers instead of themselves. They should recognize that workers are 'internal customers.' I had a much higher opinion of Hilton before working here, and am now unable not to share my experience with others. I do not want the Hilton reputation to suffer, but it has due to some of the hires at this location.

August 20, 2016Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We appreciate your candor. Though we strive to promote a positive working environment, it sounds from your remarks that there could be opportunities for improvement. Please know your comments have been shared with leadership. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Found 19 reviews