Hilton Detroit Reviews

Updated Sep 18, 2017

3.9
  1. "Great place to build a future."

Current Employee - Director of Sales and Marketing in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Hilton full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Ethics - Hilton has high ethical standards in how they treat team members, customers and the community. Empowerment - I am allowed to try new ideas and to fail. Best in Class - I take pride in knowing that I work for an industry leader in technology strategy and development. Opportunity - Once you get your "foot in the door" there is great opportunity for advancement across the entire world. Benefits - Great insurance, 401K matching, paid time off and hotel discounts!

Cons

Hospitality industry is not for everybody. You have to care about others and take pride in your work to succeed.

April 26, 2017Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and this review. Your comments are appreciated and valued. Hilton works diligently to promote a positive work environment and a culture that embraces all of our values. We are glad this is the case for you!

2. "Tough job"

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Hilton full-time for more than a year

Pros

Meeting new people. Networking. Gaining skills for future work.

Cons

Standing. Pay. Unexpected issues. Responsibility level very high for pay.

September 22, 2017Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review and offering feedback as we value your honesty. We are disappointed to hear that you are not experiencing the working dynamic as you had hoped and one that we strive to promote. As you know, it is important for us to have our Team Member's feel heard. As such, if you would like any further assistance in addressing these concerns, please reach out to your HR team or manager.

3. "Financial Controller"

4.0
    Former Employee - Financial Manager/Controller in China, MI

I worked at Hilton full-time for more than a year

Pros

International brand with good management

Cons

Expanding too fast in China

August 23, 2017Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and provide feedback for us. We appreciate your comments and are glad that you enjoyed sharing and promoting our hospitality culture and vision. We wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors!

"Hilton Worldwide"

in Southfield, MI

I have been working at Hilton

Pros

It's a great place to work.

Cons

Salary is a little low.

August 1, 2016Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Hilton offers fair and competitive compensation along with the benefits and programs that weigh into our overall total compensation package. We are sorry you do not feel this is the case. Once again, thank you for providing this feedback.

"Director of Sales and Marketing"

Former Employee - Director of Sales in Detroit, MI

I worked at Hilton full-time

Pros

Great company with exceptional training program

Cons

Property was much in need of renovation and not something one would feel good about selling to clients.

Continue reading
  6. "A great place start in the Customer Service/Hotel/Hospitality industry that is varied and fast paced."

4.0
    Guest Service Representative in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Hilton

Pros

Great benefits, good discounts at hotels all around the world. A good resume builder for those that want to enter into Hotel Management at some point.

Cons

Scheduling is 24/7 and having weekend and holidays off is never optimal. Learning to deal with other departments can be challenging as well. You don't get a chance to learn who all of your co-workers are, because your are always working in different departements and transitional shifts.

Continue reading

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 6 reviews