Cover image for Hilton Grand Vacations

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Hilton Grand Vacations Employee Reviews about "guests"

Updated Sep 2, 2021

3.9
Hilton Grand Vacations President Mark Wang
Mark Wang

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The benefits and hotel discount perks are great but the company goes above and beyond to make HGV the best place to work in Orlando.(in 132 reviews)
  • "Lots of incentives and the pay is very good(in 42 reviews)
  • "Great people and management to work with.(in 42 reviews)
  • "Bruce was my favorite trainer ever there's 2 week training which is great, take advantage of that lol(in 25 reviews)
  • "Great work environment with what seems like a lot of support everyone is eager and raring to get going with their sales(in 21 reviews)
Cons
  • "term planning and poor management.(in 63 reviews)
  • "Management is unwilling to listen to employee feedback and suggestions.Supervisors and managers display blatant favoritism towards certain employees.(in 19 reviews)
  • "Managers not capable of managing and as a result employees not happy and looking elsewhere.(in 18 reviews)
  • "Hard work long hours .(in 15 reviews)
  • "I mean, you could be a lead or a supervisor in 10 years or so if one of the leads or supervisors leave.(in 14 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Hilton Grand Vacations and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "guests"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Opportunities

Jun 11, 2021 - Sales Gallery Coordinator in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

HGV brings growth opportunity to all as long as you are willing to put in the work. Pay is competitive

Cons

Negative stigma around timeshare and rude guests

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Stressful!

Jul 30, 2021 - Front Desk Agent in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the pros are : • Hotel Discounts • Have good benefits • Coworkers are nice

Cons

Some of the cons are : • You deal with horrible guests all day and everyday, it will drain your mental health. • You will stand on your feet all day and it will destroy your feet. • Unfair schedule • You will have multi reservations and will be needing to check each one in one by one. There should be a better way to handle it.

3. Join the Hilton Grand Vacations team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Former Temporary Employee, more than 1 year

Fast paced and fun seasonal jobs

May 9, 2021 - Recreation Coordinator in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

It was pretty hard going to work upset honestly Summer is very fun, a lot of activities and a lot of interesting guests. Policy puts guest's experience first, which is awesome. Never have I gotten in trouble for chatting with a guest in an air tight summer activity schedule.

Cons

Working with certain people and having different standards. I got the most and positive surveys from guests but still have to attend Spirit of Service with people who never received 1. Housekeeping talks on the phone all day, and sometimes Housekeeping and Food Service hires sketchy people to save money and I don't have a problem with that until it involves me. During Hurricane ride out, they would talk about where employees like myself were staying and it was concerning to me because we all have master keys at this point (to remove balcony furniture before they break the rooms sliding glass door) In my case, not promoting/hiring from within.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

blessed to have been working for hgv in covid pandemic

Mar 16, 2021 - Esthetician in Las Vegas, NV
    Business Outlook

Pros

take care of you - great management

Cons

other departments not communicating with guests the way you were taught- can cause frustration and disconnect . that's anywhere though

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Have been great

Jun 24, 2020 - Dispatcher
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people, managers work with you on different situation, help you to improve to be better.

Cons

Keep everything organized and perfect for our guests. Always I want to be perfect in what I do.

Social Media Specialist

Thank you for writing us a review! We are so happy to hear your positive experience being a part of the Hilton Grand Vacations Team. Your comments are appreciated and valued as we continue to promote a positive work environment!

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great employees, iffy management

Dec 26, 2019 - Security Officer in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Job stability Good benefits Awesome people to work with

Cons

Rough management Rampant egos Guests a little too wild (not that we can control that)

Social Media Specialist

Thank you for submitting your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your experience working at Hilton Grand Vacations and have shared your feedback with leadership. We appreciate your comments and wish you the best of luck!

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good place to work

Nov 1, 2019 - Guest Service Agent in Waikoloa, HI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, job security, pretty easy job

Cons

Guests can be difficult to deal with, departments consistently understaffed

Social Media Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and for your feedback! We are so happy to hear your positive experience being a part of the Hilton Grand Vacations Team. Your comments are appreciated and valued as we continue to promote a positive work environment!

9. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not for everyone

Jan 22, 2019 - Front Desk Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, colleagues are helpful, ability to meet people from all over the world.

Cons

Occasionally you will deal with very angry guests. If you can’t handle people yelling at you from time to time then maybe it’s not the job for you. Otherwise everything else is good

Social Media Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and share your thoughts with us. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your fellow Team Members during your time with Hilton Grand Vacations and thank you for your service!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Guest Service Agent - Front Desk

Sep 19, 2018 - Front Desk Agent in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing Benefits! (4 weeks worth of paid time off, 401k, health insurance, hotel stay discounts, etc.) You have so many opportunities to move up in the company as long as you put your best foot forward. Take the online courses they offer and let your leaders know that you’re interested in certain positions. Set 40 hour work week with plenty of opportunities to pick up over time. Overtime is never forced. Hilton Grand Vacations is truly a family atmosphere. Everyone is kind and helpful. Some guests can become like family. They’ll bake for you and tell you about their vacation. If you enjoy guest interaction like I do it’s a pro.

Cons

Guests pay a lot of money to stay on property and so they expect a lot more from employees as a whole. They can be snobby and hard to deal with but that doesn’t mean everyone. The job can get repetitive!!!! I say the same spiel every single day at least 10 times bare minimum. One day I said it 40 times. The pay is a little lower than what I would like. While management is often kind it can come off as fake. Supervisors are all helpful and give you space to do whatever you want to make a guest happy. However, upper management tends to get stressed about the numbers and micromanage A LOT! While they technically give you the leeway to give money to a guest to make them happy they will question you as to why you gave it and why you deemed that amount appropriate. Again, not really the supervisors but definitely upper management. It makes you not want to credit guests who deserve it.

Human Resource Project Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide some feedback. We are pleased to hear that you are happy with your benefits package. We strive to be competitive and offer the best to our employees. Though we strive to promote a positive working environment, it sounds from your remarks that there could be opportunities for improvement. Please know your comments have been shared with leadership. You are just one of the reasons we are the preeminent brand in the hospitality industry. Thank you for all you do each and every day! -Amy, Human Resources

11. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fun, Professional and great support

May 6, 2018 - Sales Executive in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Management provides great opportunity and support. Fair in giving everyone a shot at success. You must be willing to work hard, show up on time and put in the effort for success.

Cons

The tours and guests, in this industry, are tough. You need to have thick skin and be able to shake it off. Fun short days most of the time.

1 person found this review helpful

Human Resource Project Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide feedback. We're team players in everything we do and love to hear about leaders who exemplify our values. Thank you for your commitment to Hilton Grand Vacations! -Amy, Human Resources

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 Reviews
</>Embed

Popular Careers with Hilton Grand Vacations Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Hilton Grand Vacations? Share Your Experiences

Hilton Grand Vacations logo

Hilton Grand Vacations Careers

Cover image for Hilton Grand Vacations

There’s something truly unique about Hilton Grand Vacations. With a legacy spanning more than two decades of leadership and innovation,...More

• Our Culture
  • Our Careers
  • Our Benefits
  • Our Stories

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

1147 days ago

It is Global Handwashing Day and we're thrilled to stand with 5,300 @Hilton properties in more than 70 countries and territories around the globe to partner with Clean the World and maximize our soap recycling efforts. Beginning January 1, 2020, HGV will make the program a brand standard ensuring all U.S. based properties are participating and doing its part to help fight the hygiene epidemic plaguing underserved communities. 🌎 #HGVServes #HiltonEffect http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vMYme
Shared image - Hilton Marks Global Handwashing Day by Expanding Soap Recycling Effort Around the World
glassdoor.com

1154 days ago

We are delighted to share that Hilton Grand Vacations has been recognized as one of the Dave Thomas Foundation’s Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces of 2019. Our Team Members are the heart of our success and we are proud to offer an enhanced parental leave program that reflects our company’s family-first culture: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vMYC7
Shared image

Hilton Grand Vacations Photos

+ Add Photo
Hilton Grand Vacations photo of: Hilton Hawaiian Village
Hilton Grand Vacations photo of: One of our Orlando offices has launched a new interactive space that will be showcasing our Owner, guest and Team Member stories featured on social media
Hilton Grand Vacations photo of: Polar Plunge
Hilton Grand Vacations photo of: Anniversary Celebration
Hilton Grand Vacations photo of: Our Team Members in Las Vegas hosting an Owner Breakfast
Hilton Grand Vacations photo of: Team Member enjoying our travel benefits with the HGV Travel Program
Hilton Grand Vacations photo of: Team Members completing a leadership program

Hilton

4.2

9,486 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 1,059 Hilton Grand Vacations reviews submitted anonymously by Hilton Grand Vacations employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Hilton Grand Vacations is right for you.