Cover image for Hilton Grand Vacations

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Hilton Grand Vacations Employee Reviews about "team members"

Updated Jul 29, 2021

3.9
Hilton Grand Vacations President Mark Wang
Mark Wang

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The benefits and hotel discount perks are great but the company goes above and beyond to make HGV the best place to work in Orlando.(in 142 reviews)
  • "Lots of incentives and the pay is very good(in 43 reviews)
  • "Great people and management to work with.(in 38 reviews)
  • "Bruce was my favorite trainer ever there's 2 week training which is great, take advantage of that lol(in 23 reviews)
  • "Great work environment with what seems like a lot of support everyone is eager and raring to get going with their sales(in 21 reviews)
Cons
  • "term planning and poor management.(in 62 reviews)
  • "Management is unwilling to listen to employee feedback and suggestions.Supervisors and managers display blatant favoritism towards certain employees.(in 20 reviews)
  • "Managers not capable of managing and as a result employees not happy and looking elsewhere.(in 18 reviews)
  • "Hard work long hours .(in 15 reviews)
  • "I mean, you could be a lead or a supervisor in 10 years or so if one of the leads or supervisors leave.(in 14 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Hilton Grand Vacations and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "team members"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company

Jun 25, 2021 - General Manager in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Challenging environment and focus is on Owners and team members!!!

Cons

Staffing takes too long for approvals.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Don't let the Hilton name fool you

Jul 29, 2021 - Digital Designer in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Hilton team member hotel rates were great. Not sure if they're contributing to 401K again after they took that away during covid.

Cons

Hilton may have been voted one of the best places to work in the US, but HGV certainly is not. The leadership is awful and only look out for their own best interests. They definitely don't reward employees for great work - promotions are not based on performance but rather how long you've been with the company. Projects are always springing up last minute and everyone works in such a scramble, and never as a team. Managers take credit for the work you did. False promise are consistently made. Oh and I was paid much less than the industry average for my position. Basically, I'm happy to be out of that toxic environment.

5 people found this review helpful
  3. Join the Hilton Grand Vacations team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

Jun 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-work culture -development opportunity -team member benefits

Cons

-very competitive in sales and marketing

5. 4.0

HGV

Apr 21, 2021 - Front-Office Supervisor in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

great environment, team members are awesome

Cons

no cons to give about the hotel

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Probably The Best Large Corporation To Employees

Apr 12, 2021 - Captain in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The management team truly cares about their staff and team members. Training is constant, and monthly rewards for reaching CS ratings, etc.

Cons

None come to mind actually, after 2.25 yrs with the company.

7. 3.0

HGV

Jan 30, 2021 - Front Office Manager in Myrtle Beach, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

good team members incentives are good

Cons

watch out for GMs overwhelming with certain persons in management

8. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great Benefit

Nov 8, 2020 - Guest Experience Manager in Waikoloa, HI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Insurance - Health, Vision, Dental Team Member Travel Program

Cons

Long working hours for management (on site)

9. 4.0

Work environment

Aug 23, 2020 - Front Desk Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work, friendly team members

Cons

No cons from experience working for them

Team Member Engagement Coordinator

We are so pleased your experience at Hilton Grand Vacations has been a positive one. Thank you for your service and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!

10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Team is great, everything else, not so much

Aug 20, 2020 - Front Desk Agent in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Most of the team members are great. They are hard working and persevere through tough circumstances

Cons

It is very apparent corporate and certain members of management don’t care about you. There have been several instances where I’ve went to my management with an issue and I’ve gotten nothing. There are frequently issues of team members being asked to make personal sacrifices for the job, but when it comes time for management to do the same, it isn’t reciprocated.

1 person found this review helpful

Team Member Engagement Coordinator

Thank you for your review. As we respect and acknowledge that you have responsibilities outside of Hilton Grand Vacations, we strive to help our Team Members manage a work-life balance. We are disappointed to hear that you are not experiencing the positive work environment we promote. Although we have shared your comments with leadership, we urge you to reach out directly to your manager or HR to ensure these comments have been addressed. Once again thank you for your candor and for your continued hard work.

11. 3.0
    Former Employee

Leadership has lost its way

Apr 16, 2020 - Human Resources in Orlando, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, great learning opportunities several programs set up to keep team members happy and engaged. Truly a great product the team members can be proud to contribute to.

Cons

Culture of hierarchy has invaded and transparency has disappeared. Several leadership programs that teach the right things yet behind the scenes they are doing the opposite. I've seen several talented, loyal team members who live the values get snuffed out for management failure yet a ton of money is spent on coaching leaders who don't know how to manage people.

4 people found this review helpful

Social Media Specialist

We take concerns such as these very seriously and would welcome the opportunity to speak with you. Please reach out to Lisa Dupuree, head of team member relations, directly at Lisa.Dupuree@hgv.com.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 32 Reviews
</>Embed

Popular Careers with Hilton Grand Vacations Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Hilton Grand Vacations? Share Your Experiences

Hilton Grand Vacations Careers

Cover image for Hilton Grand Vacations

There’s something truly unique about Hilton Grand Vacations. With a legacy spanning more than two decades of leadership and innovation,...More

• Our Culture
  • Our Careers
  • Our Benefits
  • Our Stories

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

1141 days ago

It is Global Handwashing Day and we're thrilled to stand with 5,300 @Hilton properties in more than 70 countries and territories around the globe to partner with Clean the World and maximize our soap recycling efforts. Beginning January 1, 2020, HGV will make the program a brand standard ensuring all U.S. based properties are participating and doing its part to help fight the hygiene epidemic plaguing underserved communities. 🌎 #HGVServes #HiltonEffect http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vMYme
Shared image - Hilton Marks Global Handwashing Day by Expanding Soap Recycling Effort Around the World
glassdoor.com

1148 days ago

We are delighted to share that Hilton Grand Vacations has been recognized as one of the Dave Thomas Foundation’s Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces of 2019. Our Team Members are the heart of our success and we are proud to offer an enhanced parental leave program that reflects our company’s family-first culture: http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vMYC7
Shared image

Hilton Grand Vacations Photos

+ Add Photo
Hilton Grand Vacations photo of: Hilton Hawaiian Village
Hilton Grand Vacations photo of: One of our Orlando offices has launched a new interactive space that will be showcasing our Owner, guest and Team Member stories featured on social media
Hilton Grand Vacations photo of: Polar Plunge
Hilton Grand Vacations photo of: Anniversary Celebration
Hilton Grand Vacations photo of: Our Team Members in Las Vegas hosting an Owner Breakfast
Hilton Grand Vacations photo of: Team Member enjoying our travel benefits with the HGV Travel Program
Hilton Grand Vacations photo of: Team Members completing a leadership program

Hilton

4.2

9,461 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 1,059 Hilton Grand Vacations reviews submitted anonymously by Hilton Grand Vacations employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Hilton Grand Vacations is right for you.