Hilton Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1

2,768 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • It maybe hard to have a work/ life balance (in 83 reviews)

• Expected to work very long hours (in 135 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Grow and Develop with Hilton!"

Current Employee - General Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - General Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Hilton full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I started as a line level employee in the hospitality industry, joined Hilton 20 years ago and just celebrated my 5th year as a General Manager in a full service hotel. Hilton Worldwide is a company dedicated to developing talent at every level in the organization and I owe my success and career to their continual investment in me.

Cons

Growth in the company can mean relocation from city to city. While this is not necessarily a bad thing, it is certainly can be part of the equation, especially if you want to fast track your career.

Advice to Management

Leaders with a proven track record for creating successful teams, engaging their work group, and developing talent are highly prized in our organization.

Hilton Response

Dec 14, 2016 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide feedback. You are an extraordinary hospitality professional and make Hilton a great place to work. We appreciate all you do, keep up the... More

2. "Reasonable"

Former Employee - Executive Chef in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Executive Chef in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Hilton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy access to Human Resources. Good team dynamic. Ability to play with menu. Good selection of vendors. Beautiful property grounds

Cons

No 401k, more expensive health benefits, lack of support from higher ups, too many PO’s for everything. Property needs maintaining

Advice to Management

Think about your employees futures

3. "Great flexibility, great career opportunities"

I have been working at Hilton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good career growth, flexible work environment, good benefits, intellectually stimulating

Cons

Workload, people work in silos

Advice to Management

Hilton is one of the best places I have ever worked, but to make it even greater, functions and individuals need to collaborate better across departments.

"Employees treated like slaves"

Former Employee - Banquet Server
    Former Employee - Banquet Server

I worked at Hilton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hotel discounts
    Able to transfer anywhere in the world

Cons

Random schedule working insane hours

5. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Sales and Service Coordinator in Cartagena, Bolívar (Colombia)

I have been working at Hilton full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The opportunity to travel around the world with special Team Member Rates and be recognized as the most important hospitality company around the world

Cons

I think we don't have cons working for Hilton.

Advice to Management

Keep working on Team Members Benefits, this is the Key.

6. "Pay"

I worked at Hilton part-time

Pros

benefits were excellent. Specially health.

Cons

pay was ok, but not bad

7. "Great Company to Work For!"

I have been working at Hilton full-time

Pros

Hilton does a great job of promoting work-life balance and career growth. From what I have seen, managers are dedicated to helping their team grow and learn throughout every step of their career. The company also takes time and effort to make sure their team members are happy and are taking pride in their work and company.

Cons

Transitioning from a smaller company to a company like Hilton can be daunting, as most processes are very set in stone, but everyone is very helpful and they will do their best to help you and guide you.

8. "Reservation Sales Agent"

Former Employee - Reservation Sales Agent in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Reservation Sales Agent in Tampa, FL

I worked at Hilton part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible schedules, work at home, incentives, travel discounts

Cons

Back to back calls. No time to breathe between calls. Unrealistic goals to attain and constantly pushed to sell upgraded rooms. Weekends are required. The scripted sales pitch we are required to use is annoying to callers.

Advice to Management

Slow down the pace of the calls.

"Great experience until the ending."

Former Employee - Security Officer in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Columbus, OH

I worked at Hilton (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed my position greatly. I went above and beyond my duties and assisted everyone when needed. I never had any issues and really had the best boss.

Cons

I was fired for an unjust reason. Several other staff members were jealous of my age and position. Many of the employees who were similar aged worked in a department that made a significant less amount than me. Upon realizing this, they began doing mischievous things to frame me. I was eventually terminated for “causing a pattern of activity that lead to the environment of the hotel to be negative.”

Advice to Management

Listen to employees when they complain. Make sure that you research any investigation before concluding.

"Not bad...but I'm not a fan..."

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Hilton part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits (you can get a room for as low as $35 per night and your family/friends for up to half of the "best available rate" - aka BAR); lots of PTO time accrued pretty quickly; and their health benefits were not so bad.
    If you like customer service (which I LOVE most of the time) this is the place to be!
    I would work for Hilton again but only if I was working an administrative job or work from home.

Cons

I'm not a fan of standing on my feet all day
    I'm also not a fan of working on the holidays and my first year at the property I worked at, I was scheduled for EVERY holiday.
    Management does NOT listen to their employees and can actually be a bit unreasonable.
    Management also took way too long to replace the shock resistant floor mats at the front desk. I asked them for OVER a year and come to find out they were waiting until the renovations on the front desk area was done!!!
    Housekeeping is HORRIBLE! Many times on a Saturday or Sunday they wouldn't have enough rooms cleaned so many of the guests could not check in at check in time; MANY times we received calls from guests that their room was not cleaned (and it actually wasn't!); they wouldn't stock the rooms correctly; and there were a couple of times when I, a front desk agent, had to go make beds because housekeeping didn't do it or used dirty/soiled linen to make the beds.
    Maintenance was also horrible! The HVAC was a two pipe system, which meant that the guests could not control the temp in their room so we would often get calls about it being too hot or too cold. Once the renovations were done the HVAC was STILL an issue because someone thought it would be a good idea to have the guests wait 30 minutes in their room before the air/heat would kick on and if they left the room prior to the 30 minute mark the air/heat would not kick on!!! VERY often we would get calls from guests that their tv was not working.

Advice to Management

DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE HOUSEKEEPING AND MAINTENANCE SITUATIONS!!!

Showing 2,768 of 2,903 reviews