Hilton Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2,765 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • It maybe hard to have a work/ life balance (in 83 reviews)

• Expected to work very long hours (in 135 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Hilton full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The travel program is GREAT! There are a lot of opportunities for training and career growth as well.

Cons

Some of the medical benefits can be pricey depending on what you choose.

Oct 16, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and this review. Your comments are appreciated and valued. Hilton works diligently to promote a positive work environment and a culture... More

2. "Growth"

Pros

Great place to grow, great management team.

Cons

When you start from the bottom, prepare to work all nights and all weekends with no social life.

Advice to Management

Great Job!

Oct 16, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide some feedback. We appreciate you exemplifying our values and sharing our vision of hospitality in everything you do. Keep up the great... More

"Employment Coordinator"

I have been working at Hilton full-time

Pros

Great PTO benefits. Great leadership and mentorship.

Cons

A lot of tasks and responsibilities but I feel it will improve my skills as an HR professional.

Oct 7, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide feedback. We're team players in everything we do and love to hear about our leaders exemplifying our values. Thank you for your... More

4. "Reservation Sales Agent"

Former Employee - Reservation Sales Agent in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Reservation Sales Agent in Tampa, FL

I worked at Hilton part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible schedules, work at home, incentives, travel discounts

Cons

Back to back calls. No time to breathe between calls. Unrealistic goals to attain and constantly pushed to sell upgraded rooms. Weekends are required. The scripted sales pitch we are required to use is annoying to callers.

Advice to Management

Slow down the pace of the calls.

5. "Employees treated like slaves"

Former Employee - Banquet Server
    Former Employee - Banquet Server

I worked at Hilton full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hotel discounts
    Able to transfer anywhere in the world

Cons

Random schedule working insane hours

6. "Not bad...but I'm not a fan..."

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Hilton part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits (you can get a room for as low as $35 per night and your family/friends for up to half of the "best available rate" - aka BAR); lots of PTO time accrued pretty quickly; and their health benefits were not so bad.
    If you like customer service (which I LOVE most of the time) this is the place to be!
    I would work for Hilton again but only if I was working an administrative job or work from home.

Cons

I'm not a fan of standing on my feet all day
    I'm also not a fan of working on the holidays and my first year at the property I worked at, I was scheduled for EVERY holiday.
    Management does NOT listen to their employees and can actually be a bit unreasonable.
    Management also took way too long to replace the shock resistant floor mats at the front desk. I asked them for OVER a year and come to find out they were waiting until the renovations on the front desk area was done!!!
    Housekeeping is HORRIBLE! Many times on a Saturday or Sunday they wouldn't have enough rooms cleaned so many of the guests could not check in at check in time; MANY times we received calls from guests that their room was not cleaned (and it actually wasn't!); they wouldn't stock the rooms correctly; and there were a couple of times when I, a front desk agent, had to go make beds because housekeeping didn't do it or used dirty/soiled linen to make the beds.
    Maintenance was also horrible! The HVAC was a two pipe system, which meant that the guests could not control the temp in their room so we would often get calls about it being too hot or too cold. Once the renovations were done the HVAC was STILL an issue because someone thought it would be a good idea to have the guests wait 30 minutes in their room before the air/heat would kick on and if they left the room prior to the 30 minute mark the air/heat would not kick on!!! VERY often we would get calls from guests that their tv was not working.

Advice to Management

DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE HOUSEKEEPING AND MAINTENANCE SITUATIONS!!!

7. "Assistant Housekeeping Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Housekeeping Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Assistant Housekeeping Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Hilton full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for- great benefits. Will go back if the needs be. Hilton has always cared about life work balance.

Cons

Team members that because they belong to the Union think they are entitled and disrespect managers all day. Super lazy and do not care about the guest needs only their needs.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes and use corrective disciplinary actions to improve or dismiss the lazy staff.

Oct 7, 2017 – Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and provide feedback for us. We appreciate your comments and are glad that you enjoyed sharing and promoting our hospitality culture and vision. We... More

8. "Great travel perks"

I worked at Hilton full-time

Pros

Benefits are excellent; travel perks are great

Cons

cant think of any company specific cons

9. "Great experience until the ending."

Former Employee - Security Officer in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Security Officer in Columbus, OH

I worked at Hilton (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed my position greatly. I went above and beyond my duties and assisted everyone when needed. I never had any issues and really had the best boss.

Cons

I was fired for an unjust reason. Several other staff members were jealous of my age and position. Many of the employees who were similar aged worked in a department that made a significant less amount than me. Upon realizing this, they began doing mischievous things to frame me. I was eventually terminated for “causing a pattern of activity that lead to the environment of the hotel to be negative.”

Advice to Management

Listen to employees when they complain. Make sure that you research any investigation before concluding.

10. "Barista"

I worked at Hilton part-time

Pros

great environment and you meet a lot of people

Cons

scheduling can be all over the place at times

Showing 2,765 of 2,900 reviews