Hilton San Diego Reviews

4.4
  1. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Hilton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Assisting customers with their hotel convention meeting needs

Cons

Not always having the availability that the clients are looking for

2. "Housecleaning"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Hilton part-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits environment staff management perks

Cons

Hours labor late shifts communication

January 6, 2020Digital HR Analyst

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and provide feedback for us. We wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors!

3. "Best work environment ever"

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Del Mar, CA

I have been working at Hilton full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love my coworkers and we get free food! Also, this job does wonders for my self-confidence. We are treated very well by managers/directors.

Cons

Some guests are entitled or creepy.

September 19, 2019Digital HR Analyst

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide some feedback. We appreciate you exemplifying our values and sharing our vision of hospitality in everything you do. Keep up the great work!

4. "Horrible experience"

1.0
    Former Employee - Server in San Diego, CA

I worked at Hilton part-time for less than a year

Pros

Cheap hotel room discounts world wide

Cons

Horrible company policy. All seniority based. So much pressure to upsell $17 cocktails. Horrible boxed food.

August 2, 2019Digital HR Analyst

Thank you for your review and offering feedback as we value your honesty. We wish you well with all your future endeavors and appreciate you sharing our hospitality and vision.

"Great place work"

Former Employee - SPA Associate in San Diego, CA

I worked at Hilton part-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work. Flexible schedules. Friendly management

Cons

There are no notable cons to speak of.

April 26, 2019Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and provide feedback for us. We appreciate your comments and are glad that you enjoyed sharing and promoting our hospitality culture and vision. We wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors!

6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Recreation Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Hilton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Team member travel program is amazing. You are working with some of the best people in the industry. Lots of opportunities to advance your career.

Cons

50+ hours a week for management is the norm.

March 28, 2019Human Resources Manager

7. "If you are looking for a job with no work/ life balance, this is the job for you."

Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Hilton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-high pay for the area I work in -employee travel program

Cons

No work life balance. The hotel is seniority based, so expect to work every holiday and weekend. Expect 6 day workweeks during peak season. The job is strictly seniority based so quality of your work is meaningless.

January 28, 2019Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide us this feedback as we respect and acknowledge that you have responsibilities outside of Hilton. As leaders, we try to do what we can in order to help people maintain a work-life balance with an effort to help them accomplish their goals and meet multiple demands. Of course, we recognize the difficulties inherent in this balance with a business that is 24/7. If you find that your workload is inappropriately and adversely affecting your personal life, your health or your ability to service our clients, we encourage you to speak with your manager or HR team. This direct feedback helps us continually evaluate what's working or and any areas of opportunity for improvement.

"Great Management Company"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Coronado, CA

I have been working at Hilton full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hilton really cares about their team members and makes sure they feel valued and have opportunities to grow. They have a lot of opportunities for training. The team member travel program is an awesome benefit, although it can be very tricky to get rates if you have specific dates you're staying in a specific destination. And they're always adding more benefits, which is awesome. I also like the culture that Hilton provides. All of the senior leaders I have met or have seen speak are very down to earth and seem genuinely warm and friendly. It's a very positive environment.

Cons

It can be difficult to work through the corporate system to get things accomplished sometimes. The health plans are not very good. All plans from this past year at least require coinsurance. Yes it's less money coming out of my paycheck, but knowing I have to pay 30% of any medical procedure makes me less likely to want to go to the doctor when I need it. Which I think is a horrible way to provide health insurance. I am having a baby this year, and it stresses me out knowing I have to pay thousands more in the end than I did with my first baby (I had a different management company and different medical plans, where the costs were much more straightforward). Even getting lab work done can end up costing hundreds of dollars with co-insurance, instead of a flat charge when I actually go to the lab.

September 10, 2018Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and for providing your comments about our benefits. We are thrilled to hear you are satisfied with the team you work with and are enjoying our team member travel program! We strive to offer a competitive benefits package and are sorry to hear you are unsatisfied. We have shared your feedback with company leadership for their review. Thank you for your service to Hilton.

9. "Banquet captain"

Current Employee - Banquet Captain in Carlsbad, CA

I have been working at Hilton part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Career opportunities and great co workers

Cons

No work life balance

Hilton Response

July 31, 2018Social Media Strategy Contractor.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and this review. Your comments are appreciated and valued. We work diligently to promote a positive work environment and a culture that embraces all of our values. We are glad this is the case for you!

10. "banquet set up houseman"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I worked at Hilton part-time for less than a year

Pros

i like the profesional are they to attend events and buffets for the clients

Cons

i don not see any downsides

Hilton Response

June 15, 2018Social Media Strategy Contractor.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and this review. Your comments are appreciated and valued. Hilton works diligently to promote a positive work environment and a culture that embraces all of our values. We are glad this is the case for you!

Found 39 reviews