Hilton San Francisco Reviews

Updated Aug 9, 2020

4.2
  1. "Assistant Revenue Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Revenue Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Hilton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits are very nice especially the hotel discount. Great people to work for as well.

Cons

Repetitive work week after week.

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and provide feedback for us. We appreciate your comments and are glad that you enjoyed sharing and promoting our hospitality culture and vision. We wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors!

2. "Can't Imagine Myself Anywhere Else"

5.0
    Current Employee - Director of Front Office in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Hilton full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

- Travel Benefits - Health/Medical Benefits - Overall Benefits - Coworkers - Ability to cross-train and learn new things - Career development - Flexible hours - Ability to relocate anywhere in the world within the company

Cons

- Depending on your position, and location within the country, your hours are not very flexible. This is primarily caused due to Union restrictions in scheduling via seniority. (This is not so much an issue in non-union properties). - As a manager you do work long hours (10 hour work days are normal), and the job can be stressful depending on the market you are in - urban vs rural; union vs non-union, convention/business travelers vs leisure, newly renovated vs non-renovated, etc.

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide some feedback. It sounds like you are living the Hilton values and Thriving in Body, Mind and Spirit. We appreciate you exemplifying our values and sharing our vision of hospitality in everything you do. Keep up the great work!

3. "A Workplace to Call Home"

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Hilton full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working at a place where a company truly cares about your wellbeing and allows you the time needed to care for your family. This is a company where you can proudly state you are part of a historical legacy in the hospitality industry.

Cons

Opportunities are so rich and benefits competitive to the point where you may not want to leave.

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and this review. Your comments are appreciated and valued. It sounds like you are bringing Thrive@Hilton to life! We work diligently to promote a positive work environment and a culture that embraces all of our values. We are glad this is the case for you!

4. "Trail Blazing Compny in the industy, Hilton cares about its Team Members"

Current Employee - Senior Event Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Hilton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great Company that has a lot of programs in place at corporate and on property to make sure team members get as close as possible to work-life balance, great benefits, good team member travel program (with room for improvement), good career opportunities and involved in making the world better (travel with purpose program) with sustainability programs implemented globally

Cons

Not all corporate programs are implemented on property level. Sometimes we feel a disconnect between corporate & team member on property.

Digital HR Analyst

5. "Hilton Hotels"

Current Employee - Executive Chef in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Hilton full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Hilton works very hard to build solid management teams because we know it takes everyone to make memories for our guests. There are many team building events for managers and line staff. Hilton also compensates well for the industry in Food & Beverage. The team member benefits include the usual health benefits but in addition to that there are over 500 hotels and resorts where employees can get discounts.

Cons

There are definite crunch times when the hotels are very busy. that often requires longer days and weeks. However, there is also down time to balance the work level.

Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide some feedback. We are pleased to hear that you are satisfied with your compensation package. We strive be competitive and offer the best to our employees. You are just one of the reasons we are the preeminent brand in the hospitality industry. Thank you for all you do each and every day!

6. "Joke Show"

2.0
    Current Employee - Management in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Hilton full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's hard to think of any.

Cons

Well.... They overwork you. They offer an hour of lunch but if you don't take an hour, they still charge you anyway. The people are weird. They give you lunch but don't tell you they will add it to your paycheck so that it looks like they give you something - mind you the food is horrific. They lie about everything -, especially to guests.

Hilton Response

Social Media Strategy Contractor.

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We appreciate your candor. Though we strive to promote a positive working environment, it sounds from your remarks that there could be opportunities for improvement. Please know your comments have been shared with leadership. As always, we encourage you to provide your feedback directly with your manager or HR team to ensure any opportunities are addressed. Thank you again for taking the time to give us a review and for your commitment to Hilton.

7. "GSA"

GSA in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Hilton for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, flexible schedule, friendly colleagues

Cons

Long hours, managements always changing

Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

8. "Hilton asks their managers to work overtime without paying them"

1.0
    Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Hilton for more than a year

Pros

There is no reason for anyone to work for Hilton.

Cons

Low salary and long hours

Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review and offering feedback as we value your honesty. We are disappointed to hear that you did not experience the working dynamic as you had hoped and one that we strive to promote. We wish you well with all your future endeavors and appreciate you sharing our hospitality and vision.

9. "Front desk"

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Hilton full-time for less than a year

Pros

Trusted company and good travel discount

Cons

Varies from ownership, benefits are poor

Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and provide some feedback. We appreciate you exemplifying our values and sharing our vision of hospitality in everything you do. Keep up the great work!

10. "Grow and Develop with Hilton"