Hilton Tampa Reviews

1. "great place"

5.0
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Hilton full-time

Pros

great place to work ! pay is decent

Cons

no work-life balance, it was hard to take time off

2. "Good but has its downfalls"

4.0
    Current Employee - Guest Service Agent in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Hilton full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome exposure to a different cultures and good experience

Cons

Low wages and sometimes not so great management

3. "Flexible, part-time job with great hotel benefits"

4.0
    Current Employee - Guest Engagement Specialist in Brandon, FL

I have been working at Hilton part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Most employees build their own schedules. Great hotel benefits. Work from home.

Cons

Attached to a headset taking calls for the entire shift with only 15 minute breaks every 2.5 hours. Back to back incoming calls throughout entire shift.

4. "Great for internship"

Former Employee - Front Desk Agent in Tampa, FL

I worked at Hilton part-time for less than a year

Pros

Great for internship. System is pretty good.

Cons

Working hours are long and shift

5. "Was good went downhill"

Former Employee - Reservation Sales Agent in Tampa, FL

I worked at Hilton part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

When we made our own schedule and able to trade as often as we needed and not held to ridiculous to meet standards it was good but then things changed. Working from home turned into the only benefit

Cons

They limited hours you could trade or build and then limited the times you could build and someone who use to always meet metrics started falling and automatically threatened a write up they hired a company to help and I think it truly hurt them as many employees left for feeling way unappreciated

Continue reading

June 4, 2019Human Resources Manager

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We appreciate your candor. Though we strive to promote a positive working environment, it sounds from your remarks that there could be opportunities for improvement. Please know your comments have been shared with leadership. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

6. "Nice to work from home"

Former Employee - Reservations in Tampa, FL

I worked at Hilton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You get to work from home

Cons

Expected to sell, sell, sell

May 3, 2019Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and provide feedback for us. We appreciate your comments and are glad that you enjoyed sharing and promoting our hospitality culture and vision. We wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors!

7. "Catering sales"

Former Employee - Catering Sales Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Hilton full-time for more than a year

Pros

Hilton hotel stays. Team aspect.

Cons

Property in bad disrepair. Need $$

January 28, 2019Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your review and offering feedback as we value your honesty. We are disappointed to hear that you did not experience the working dynamic as you had hoped and one that we strive to promote. We wish you well with all your future endeavors and appreciate you sharing our hospitality and vision.

8. "Reservationist"

2.0
     in Tampa, FL

I worked at Hilton

Pros

Make your own hours, work independently, work from home.

Cons

At times unexpectedly there are technical difficulties with software & depending on time remaining in your shift you would have to drive to headquarters.

January 11, 2019Human Resources Manager

"Low pay"

Former Employee - Reservations Agent in Tampa, FL

I worked at Hilton full-time for less than a year

Pros

Team members, flexible hours, PTO and lcv

Cons

Low pay, DC's need an attitude adjustment

Continue reading

October 12, 2018Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking time to give us a review and provide feedback regarding pay. Hilton takes pride in providing fair compensation and a culture of recognition that matches each Team Member's effort, performance and contributions along with the various benefits and perks which weigh into our total compensation package. We are sorry to hear this didn’t meet your expectations and we will share your feedback with leadership.

10. "Reservations Sales Specialist"

5.0
    Current Employee - Reservation Sales Agent in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Hilton part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have worked at Hilton almost 10 years. I love having the flexibility and my own control of picking how many hours and days I work each week. Being a working mom of three and still be able to participate at my childrens' school and be involved in all their extracurricular activities is the best of both worlds. Hilton has afforded me the nicety of keeping my work identity and my mom identity. Another great thing about Hilton is that they are always interested in feedback to continue the betterment of employee satisfaction. They have a lot of employee incentives such as team member low hotel rates, contests, earning points and smiles that are equivalent to paid time off, paid holidays and retirement employer match just to name a few.

Cons

I would have to say the downside to Hilton is they do not make it mandatory for me go to the gym even though they offer discounted gym memberships - LOL!

October 1, 2018Human Resources Manager

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review and offer feedback. As you know, it is our desire to be competitive in our industry and offer the best to our Team Members. It's nice to be acknowledged for what we do well and especially rewarding to have you represent our Values. We love hearing you're able to thrive at work and at home. Thank you for all you do!

Found 82 reviews