Hilton "team member travel" Reviews | Glassdoor

Hilton Employee Reviews about "team member travel"

Updated 4 Dec 2019

4.1
Cons

Reviews about "team member travel"

Return to all Reviews
  1. Featured Review

"Hilton is the Best Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Manager, HRX in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Hilton full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The culture of Hilton is one that makes me proud to work here but to also serve in my community. Hilton seeks to positively impact the communities in which we work. This speaks to our commitment to spread the light and warmth of hospitality. Beyond that, I am encouraged to have a balanced work-life with the flexibility of working from home. My management team appreciates and rewards hard work. Hilton believes... in taking care of their team members which guarantees that we will take care of our guests. The benefits of "being Hilton" are getting better and better. The long tenure room discounts gives lifetime discounts for team members with 10 or more years.

Cons

As a long time team member, I can say that working for Hilton now is the best it's ever been. I think a person's work experience depends a lot on the individual and then management. There will be difficult people and circumstances any where you go but I am grateful that with a dedication to doing my very best and maintaining a positive attitude will get past any challenging experience.

Advice to Management

Keep striving to retain dedicated team members, keep creating opportunities for growth and stay committed to the principles of our founder, Conrad Hilton. The Hilton Effect is real and vibrant!

Hilton2019-03-26
  2. "I wish I started sooner!"

Current Employee - Bartender

I have been working at Hilton full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I love management, they care about the input from the team. Travel perks are great. Team member of the quarter rallies. Health care.

Cons

Like any job, there is always something that isn't great. But overall, I'm happy to work for this company

Hilton2019-12-04
  3. "Great Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Guest Engagement Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Hilton full-time for less than a year

Pros

Time off and hotel discounts. Flexibility to trade schedules with other team members. Working from Home

Cons

The hourly pay is low

Hilton2019-10-04
  4. "Great company that loves their team members"

Former Employee - Reservation Sales Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Hilton full-time for more than a year

Pros

Where do I start? Hilton is THE place to work! I had an amazing DC who made it even more enjoyable and wanted to see us all thriving and moving up within the company. That is what Hilton is all about they love to see their own team members move up with promotions.

Cons

I don’t have anything negative to say about Hilton no cons

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing!

Hilton2019-10-02

"Over worked & under paid"

I have been working at Hilton

Pros

Discounted hotel rooms at team member rates.

Cons

I’ve been with the company 5 1/2 years now. Everything is going down hill. From the systems we use that are barely even functional most of the time to the small Window of opportunities for advancement to the lack of ability to earn the “bonus” which was promised to be a certain amount upon being hired. The job duties were recently changed without anyone’s knowledge which took away reservation agents ability to earn... incentives. We used to take reservation calls ONLY now we take whatever call is being sent our way yet we are still held accountable for SALES METRICS, very very unfair. Very LOW hourly pay compared to other comparable hotels. Yearly raises are in the very low pennies. They change company policies without giving proper notices you have to find out through a co worker or in chat if you’re a work at home agent. I would not recommend this to a friend or a family member.

Hilton2019-09-12

"Toxic!"

Former Employee - Assistant Front Office Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Hilton full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Amazing team members, they made it the hardest to leave!

Cons

-Management is so toxic. They work you to death with no appreciation. Every day you walk in with so much anxiety becuase you know your walking into a circus. The culture is so toxic and nothing will ever change becuase of the management from the top. I worked at this location for 11 months and saw 5 managers just from the front office come and go.

Hilton2019-10-02

"Good for a while"

Former Employee - Front Office Supervisor in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Hilton full-time for more than a year

Pros

Team Member travel perks Incentives like commission and bonuses for name mentions on Trip Advisor

Cons

Guests are allowed to treat team members like dirt, the behavior is perpetuated because guests are rewarded with free stuff when they throw tantrums.

Hilton2019-09-06

"Has it's bumps & bruises, but doesn't get much better!"

Current Employee - Product Manager

I have been working at Hilton full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary is competitive to market average. Team member travel benefits are amazing! Health, Dental, & Vision all offered are are good offerings. 401k with match is available (and much appreciated!). One thing I love most though is the concept of "Thrive @ Hilton". It's a program that allows team members to do whatever it is that would help them to truly thrive and enjoy work. For example, I take an hour everyday... to leave the office (whether for lunch, working out, etc.)--as long as I communicate it with my boss and don't miss high priority meetings, it's approved and allowed by the company. How will you thrive at Hilton?

Cons

Going through a transformation period and there are a lot of bumps and bruises gained on this journey. Often times senior leadership seems to be detached from the realities of what's going on, but that recent changes have been made and are evident! That being said, there's still a group of middle management that refuses to deviate from the "old way" of thinking--I believe these individuals are impeding our ability... to win and win fast. Also, things are very silo'd within this organization--you will waste significant time just trying to get in touch with the right people who can impart change. Teams are grossly unbalanced--there is not much strategy around personnel and some teams have large number of resources while others have little to none.

Advice to Management

Cut out the fat in the middle management ranks--strongly scrutinize certain departments and identify the individuals that are ineffective, inefficient, and demoralizing your product & engineering teams. Don't be afraid to let the teams self-organize and move fast--we're much more in-tune with the competitive landscape than certain individuals who have worked at Hilton so long that they don't see the threats... impacting our business. Also, please do not promote people into leadership positions just because of their tenure--we need strong leaders who have the capacity & competency to drive the business forward.

Hilton2019-08-13
  9. "Good company"

Current Employee - Reservation Sales Agent

I have been working at Hilton full-time

Pros

Work From home Flexible schedule and balance life Good starting rate with potential incentives Opportunities for growth Great benefits Great travel program for team members

Cons

The metrics can have more improvements as far as what's fair. Requesting PTO is not always easy.

Hilton2019-06-21
  10. "10 years strong, and hope to continue thriving at Hilton for years to come!"

Current Employee - Director of Banquets in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Hilton full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Within Hilton, opportunities for growth and advancement have really stuck out me. 10 years ago I began as a House Attendant in Banquets, and with alot of hardwork, willingness to grow and learn, and opportunities I have excelled and fast tracked my career to where I am today. I speak at orientations frequently and let the next wave of team members know that a great work ethic, attitude, and taking ownership of guest... issues, really propel you forward into being noticed for future positions at the property.

Cons

The team member travel program has improved over the last 5 years significantly and its great to see Hilton respond to feedback in a positive and forward thinking manner.

Hilton2019-05-24