Hire Counsel "flexible hours" Reviews | Glassdoor

Hire Counsel Employee Reviews about "flexible hours"

Updated Sep 17, 2019

3.6
Hire Counsel CEO Joan Davison (no image)
Joan Davison
Pros
  • "Professional environment, great project managers, flexible hours(in 8 reviews)

• "Megan and Dunya make Hire Counsel the best document review center in Michigan(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Parking costs were not covered by Hire Counsel at the client site(in 11 reviews)

• "Also, doing document review in a closed space with no windows is not healthy(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "flexible hours"

Return to all Reviews

"Found me a contract position quickly"

Current Employee - Paralegal

I have been working at Hire Counsel full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pleasant people and tuned into our concerns. I would recommend them to job seekers. I also sought work from 6 other agencies, so I didn't put all the eggs in one basket. Good market rate of pay, flexible hours.

Cons

No cons with Hire Counsel. Law firm placed with didn't value our work or listen to concerns. Didn't care that we did not have all the tools / equipment needed to do the job. Indifferent attitude.

Advice to Management

Not your fault you have to work with some clueless folks in law firms.

Hire Counsel2015-04-11
  2. "Flexibility & On Time Pay"

Former Contractor - Contract Attorney

I worked at Hire Counsel

Pros

Employees are paid weekly and it comes through promptly and is accurate. Somewhat flexible hours are available so employees can manage other aspects of their lives when necessary.

Cons

The company has two few people wearing too many hats and many things fall through the cracks as a result.

Hire Counsel2019-09-18
  3. "Good Company"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Hire Counsel

Pros

Professional environment, great project managers, flexible hours

Cons

Length of contracts varies significantly, needs better communication

Advice to Management

FInd a way to make sure recruiters answer questions asked to them in a more timely manner. Too often has a question posed been left unanswered.

Hire Counsel2018-01-25
  4. "Document Review"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Hire Counsel

Pros

Better office space than most document review centers; pays on time; flexible hours; cannot think of any others pros

Cons

Terrible lack of communication. Will suspend projects and work hours for days, and not email or reach out. Unprofessional staff. Unprofessional communications. Jobs will fall through, and HC won't relay information to doc reviewers. Go with another company for contract work; there's a reason they aren't well known.

Advice to Management

Provide HC staff with professional training. Emails from management and their assistants are riddled with spelling errors and grammatical errors. Many emails sent out erroneously, with incorrect information. Reviewers show up, only to be told that there's no work, the email shouldn't have been sent, and to go home. You're the intermediary - if one of your contract jobs falls through, that's on YOU to communicate to doc reviewers. Not acceptable for HC to hide in their offices because a project failed.

Hire Counsel2017-08-16
  5. "Hire Counsel"

I have been working at Hire Counsel full-time

Pros

Flexible hours, many projects to work on

Cons

Lower than market pay, projects end without warning

Hire Counsel2017-02-08
  6. "Document Review Specialist"

Document Review Attorney in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Hire Counsel

Pros

Recruiters are nice and invested in you. (Megan Nelson is great). No micro-management from them, just follow the rules of the place where you are employed. Flexible hours. Good beginner experience.

Cons

Not great pay. In KC you get about $5 an hour less than the national average for the job to start with. They are not great at getting you placed again once your contract is over.

Advice to Management

Try to find new opportunities for your employees when you get new contracts available that have better compensation.

Hire Counsel2015-08-10

"Good place to work."

Current Contractor - Document Review Attorney in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Hire Counsel for less than a year

Pros

Great work environment, paid parking, flexible hours and casual dress code

Cons

At times Hire Counsel had poor communication to employees from the client such as not telling us that the assignment was hold for a day.

Hire Counsel2014-11-08
  8. "I had a good experience."

Former Contractor - Doc Review Attorney in New York, NY

I worked at Hire Counsel for less than a year

Pros

A very good temporary job with semi-flexible hours while you are searching for something else. Very little stress -- I had a chair to sit in and a computer to work on. It wasn't fancy, but it paid the bills well with a little extra to spare. I liked the people I worked with, as well.

Cons

Initially was told project would be $30/hr. I signed on to the project and stopped pursuing others and then a week later was told the pay would be $27/hr. Initial # of hours/wk was incorrect, but what ended up being the truth was still good.

Advice to Management

Pulling the compensation bait-and-switch was a poor start, but in the end the job worked well for what I needed while searching. Thanks.

Hire Counsel2013-12-06