HireKeep Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.8
Paul Murskov

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great Opportunity, continues to get better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at HireKeep full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working with the CEO Paul has allowed me to learn and grow every day. Paul is straight forward and doesn't waste time, he is dedicated to his clients and always goes the extra mile. The whole team is easy to communicate with and understanding. I am truly grateful for this opportunity and look forward to where it will take me!

Cons

So far, so good! No complaints

Sep 6, 2018 – CEO

Thank you!

"The worst kind of startup culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at HireKeep full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Startups are fun. Would've been better if this one was run well.

Cons

The worst kind of startup culture. Before hiring a woman the employees would pass her social media profiles around to be rated on attractiveness first. One time a highly qualified woman was passed on because she was "kinda chubs." If you're not a frat boy and yes man, they don't want you and you know it. Your opportunities come depending on how much the people above you like you, not how good you are at your job. People talked about each other behind their backs.

When I was there the CEO made everyone write fake Glassdoor reviews and reviewed them before they were posted. If every other review looks abnormally cheery - that's why. I was told by a couple of employees that the CEO stole money from them by withholding bonuses and heard he's intimidated others into taking less.

Advice to Management

Try integrity.

Aug 17, 2018 – CEO

Hello former team member of HireKeep. I am really sorry that after all the work we did together, you feel like you had to write this review. While I disagree with the validity of this review and... More

"Great atmosphere! Definitely recommend."

Pros

great culture, good work atmosphere, up and coming company.

Cons

low compensation depending on job.

4. "Great culture and growth opportunities"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at HireKeep full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I learn every single day. The team is extremely close and even for a "startup" the goals are very clear and the structure allows me to excel. Yes, there is a lot of change and we pivot regularly, but a lot of it is for the better. The team cares about the clients, they care about the candidates they work with, they really want to make a difference. I have worked at startups before and many times - they build a business just to build a business. The gang here really wants to make an impact in the recruiting space and bring technology behind all the noise. Quarterly evaluations provide growth along with free education from sites like udemy and treehouse. Great office with regular happy hours. Leadership gets it and wants people to be happy and excited about what we are doing, putting some data behind the madness.

Cons

You have to put in the hours. Some later nights and weekend work, just to get stuff done and meet deadlines. Food and drinks are provided during those periods but there is definitely a sacrifice. Definitely still a young company so even though there is a level of structure, things are not necessarily departmentalized all the way.

Advice to Management

Bring on some more senior level folks and management leadership to help departments succeed. This will distribute the work more evenly between the people and teams.

Aug 28, 2017 – CEO

Thank you!

"HireWow"

Pros

WE HAVE THE BEST OFFICE DOG EVER. Her name is Matches. And that's what we do. We match our candidates to the best opportunities available to them - ensuring a proper culture fit. HireKeep is the best company I've ever worked with - the sky is the limit. Our CEO has an insane vision and I'm looking forward to making it a reality. Look out recruiters, we coming for you.

Cons

Cons? That's a joke right?

Advice to Management

MORE PUPPIES

"All around awesome place to work. Doing some big things."

Current Employee - Candidate Success Associate in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Candidate Success Associate in Washington, DC

Pros

The whole team at HireKeep is really friendly. The workflow is really collaborative and it is really easy to communicate with the CEO and other co-workers. I'm always excited to go to work in the morning, but a few days after I started we adopted a company puppy which makes coming into work even more awesome. 3.5 weeks after I started working I got my first performance bonus!

Cons

This place has a startup work style. We all work hard and everyone here is seriously passionate about what we do. If you want to just 'put in your hours' then it would be a challenge to work here.

Advice to Management

Keep on scaling the business and creating matches. The business has grown so much since I've started and I have faith it will continue to grow.

"Don't use anything besides HireKeep for your job search!!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Washington, DC

I have been working at HireKeep full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great management!
    Innovative software that is doing something that no one else can compete with right now.
    Filled with fun, young entrepreneurs who want to make a difference in the job search world.
    Super positive atmosphere where a lot of learning and growing takes place every single day.

Cons

None at the moment.

Advice to Management

Keep up the fantastic work!

Apr 7, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for the kind words! We are on a powerful mission and won't stop until we change the way people find jobs they love!

"Front End Developer at Hirekeep"

Current Employee - Junior Front End Developer in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Junior Front End Developer in Washington, DC

I have been working at HireKeep full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I started working at Hirekeep not having a great understanding of the problems as a company they were fixing in the world of employment. The CEO Paul has a clear vision about how to attack these problems and was able to effectively communicate it to me, which made my job of updating the website's front end much more simple. At Hirekeep, the team's best quality is the lack of ego. Everyone is always brainstorming ideas together and willing to listen to other team member's opinions. The hired chef the makes breakfast and lunch everyday makes me look forward to coming to work as well.

Cons

I have not experienced any cons in my time at Hirekeep.

Advice to Management

Continue to make working at Hirekeep a positive experience by doing the things I mentioned in the pros section.

"I would definitely use HireKeep's service if I was not already happily employed by them."

Current Employee - Digital Growth Strategist in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Digital Growth Strategist in Washington, DC

I have been working at HireKeep full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work as a Digital Growth Strategist at HireKeep. HireKeep matches qualified candidates with open positions at our partner companies. This makes my job so much easier, since I have the opportunity to grow both our candidate pool and our number of clients. What makes HireKeep great is that it provides value to both candidates and companies by making the matching process as painless as possible for both parties. It's easy reaching out to potential candidates and telling them that we'll match them with a great company for free. It's just as easy reaching out to a hiring manager or founder and telling them that we'll do all the leg work of finding and qualifying potential candidates. The team itself is very talented and dedicated to disrupting the traditional hiring process and moving past resumes. The free food is just icing on the cake.

Cons

Sometimes the communal kitchen runs out of bananas before I can get one :(

Advice to Management

Give your Digital Growth Strategist a raise. He seems to be doing an amazing job!

Jul 30, 2016 – CEO

Noted. Keep crushing it!

"Great work environment with endless opportunities"

Current Employee - Business Growth Strategist in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Business Growth Strategist in Washington, DC

I have been working at HireKeep full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been working at HireKeep for 5 months now and I have truly enjoyed everyday in the office. There is something really sticky about the culture that has enabled me to truly enjoy working here at HireKeep. The environment is both fun and serious: everyone is super passionate about what they do and at the end of the day we all come together to get our work done. Paul Murskov, the CEO of HireKeep invests a lot of time into training and on-boarding all new employees. He's by far the most driven entrepreneur and salesman that I have worked with, an attitude that is very contagious.

Cons

I have yet to experience any negatives working with Paul and his team. I'm extremely happy with where I am now and I have no plans to change that.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!