HireMinds Reviews

Updated Feb 8, 2022

Found 29 of over 30 reviews

4.9
HireMinds President and Founder David Hayes (no image)
David Hayes

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "HireMinds is amazing, I am so happy I made the decision to join this team full of awesome people.(in 5 reviews)
  • "Amazing leadership(in 3 reviews)
  • "In agency recruitment you have your ups and downs and it's having fantastic colleagues and management to pick up your day or help brainstorm on new strategies.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Leadership team demonstrates huge appreciation for employees

Feb 8, 2022 - Director, Search
    Business Outlook

Pros

The leadership team at HireMinds has gone above and beyond, especially the last 24 months, to demonstrate that the employees are valued and cared for. They have raised the bar for the standard of recruiting firms.

Cons

No cons - but this is an entrepreneurial atmosphere and is best for those who love to operate in that manner.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great company

Jan 5, 2022 - Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have really enjoyed my time working at Hireminds. The team and flexible company culture is unmatched

Cons

Truly nothing - I'd recommend working here to any of my friends

3. 5.0

10/10

Apr 27, 2021 - Search Consultant in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

HireMinds is amazing, I am so happy I made the decision to join this team full of awesome people. Can't say enough good things about David, and really all of my colleagues here. Everyone is super supportive and helpful, and makes you feel like a part of the team right from the start. This team works really hard, and it clearly pays off. The culture is great, even with everyone working fully remote, David and Jennifer work hard to make sure we have plenty of team activities and opportunities to get to know each other, as we would in an in-person setting. If you join HireMinds, expect to be busy (in a good way), with a lot of interesting jobs to place and a team that will support you and help you out every step of the way. This is probably the best recruitment agency job out there. When I first started, I honestly thought it seemed too good to be true, and now that I am settled I could not be happier!

Cons

None at all. Recruitment is hard work, and there will always be pros and cons to it with any company you work for. HireMinds provides you with the best resources, a supportive team, and everything else you need. Literally 0 cons to working here!

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

12 years and counting!

Oct 15, 2021 - Senior Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing leadership Investment in personal and professional development State of the art tools and technology Great pay and incentives Warm, welcoming and collaborative culture

Cons

None; things are great! They listen and incorporate employee feedback

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Incredible Company - My Best Career Move

Apr 21, 2021 - Marketing Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing company culture, supportive colleagues, fantastic leadership, professional growth opportunities

Cons

None, except for not being able to work with my colleagues on a daily basis due to the pandemic!

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Best career decision I ever made

Feb 17, 2020 - Vice President in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working for David is like having your own personal life coach and instead of paying someone, he pays you. He will keep motivating you year after year to improve on what you want to improve on and keep you accountable to what you need to develop further (if you want him to). He is the definition of servant leadership. His mission, year after year, is to surpass his personal and business goals and help those around him do the same. He is a "coach" by nature and understands people - how to motivate & inspire and how to course-correct when needed. What keeps me here? - Professional growth and development. Every day, every month, every year is different. New companies, new technologies, and new paradigms to work through with clients, candidates, and colleagues. - Our team is amazing! Recruitment and Executive Search is a difficult business. I wouldn't want to do it with anyone else in the world than the group of folks HireMinds has brought together. We love what we do, we laugh and have fun with each other, and our clients & candidates appreciate what we do for them. - We just moved into WeWork's largest build-out in the Northeast with amazing views of Boston and the "harbah" and the espresso is great!

Cons

Hard to come up with any. It really is an amazing place to work.

7. 5.0

Refreshing Culture & True Leadership in the Face of the Pandemic

Aug 25, 2020 - Director in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with HireMinds for just under a year and started at the beginning of the Pandemic. I can say in uncertain times David and the HireMinds team stepped up to the plate and supported me fully in a tricky virtual on-boarding process. As an experienced recruiter it was pivotal for me to find a firm and leadership that aligned with my expertise in direct hire and boutique staffing quality approach. I can say I was impressed with the cohesive team that could immediately adapt to the virtual work environment in seamless fashion to mitigate any loss we had from not having our physical office interactions. I believe the forward thinking and keen ear to take advice from staff members of leadership enabled the team to work virtually with laptops, soft-phones, and any video/collaborative software in place to not disrupt the teams abilities to perform their jobs. I can say I have been impressed at every stage with the companies ability to listen to great ideas and vet out the best ones to implement as we navigate the new normal. Overall you are getting a leader and team that understand the best ideas should be championed. I can honestly say I have found a new home and this team is without a doubt set up for success for any work environment moving forward. Having worked a 9-5 in office job for years I was uncertain how virtual recruiting might be. Having said that I believe it was best for me and this team made it an easier and more comfortable transition and that I enjoy the virtual work environment. I also don't long for the team interactions that are so common in the office space as there are ample opportunities to collaborate and feel a part of the team. We've even added book clubs, pod-squad, lunch and learns, and happy hours to keep everyone engaged, but not overly done to create exhaustion. This is a great place to work for any recruiter looking for management that trusts your ability and a team of professionals and experts who can help take your career to new heights. I'd highly recommend to any and all recruiters to consider HireMinds.

Cons

None that they can control as social distancing has cut back on team interactions.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic company to be apart of & work for!

Jun 17, 2020 - Biotech Search Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Well established company, amazing support from team members and CEO.

Cons

This job can be very challenging but if you stick with it you will succeed.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fantastic Company and Team

Jun 3, 2020 - Marketing and Creative Search Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work flexibility, amazing team, great leadership. The company truly cares about the growth of its employees.

Cons

Hard to think of any

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Constantly learning, always challenged - company invests in its people

Feb 10, 2016 - Senior Search DIrector in Cambridge, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with the company for over six years and have been given incredible opportunities to grow. What makes the company unique is its willingness to make investments - in people and technology. We are given access to the latest and greatest tools. They are very expensive but my boss buys them to ensure that we can do our jobs as efficiently as possible. He is constantly piloting new programs and we have input into that process. And from a cultural perspective, it's a fun, diverse group of people. Even in the most stressful times, there is always someone who will pick you up and help you work through issues.

Cons

Recruiting can be really tough. There are a lot of stakeholders and you have to manage multiple peoples' expectations. When you have a win, it's a big win! But there are also setbacks and you need to be willing and open to feedback - and rejection - in order to grow. For someone who isn't thick skinned or resilient, it can be a tough job. That's not unique to HireMinds - it's part of the job.

1 person found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 29 Reviews

HireMinds Reviews FAQs

HireMinds has an overall rating of 4.9 out of 5, based on over 30 reviews left anonymously by employees. 96% of employees would recommend working at HireMinds to a friend and 96% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, HireMinds employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at HireMinds. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

96% of HireMinds employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated HireMinds 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at HireMinds to be career development, management, senior leadership and the cons to be MISSING VALUE.

Popular Careers with HireMinds Job Seekers