HireMojo Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
John Younger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "I enjoy work every day"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HireMojo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team works great together. Project input is considered. When difficult situations arise there is support in decisions that are made. Empowerment and work/life balance are embraced.

Cons

We are not allowed to bring dogs to the building.

2. "Engineer"

I worked at HireMojo part-time

Pros

The company encourages innovation and creative ideas, has a very friendly working environment. The team is small and you get opportunity to get full stack experience.

Cons

Priority management do not seem to align with the company goals sometimes.

Advice to Management

Some priority management are confusing. Some processes enforced seem to be useless and a waste of time which end up delaying projects.

3. "Run Forrest run"

Pros

People are nice! Not super stressful and the concept is ver my cool. There are some good customers that may be a good lead for future employment.

Cons

Had been. Could have would have should have. Idea may have been good years ago. We have been passed by many moons ago. CEO seems nice yet he is a dreamer chasing after a market that has passed. To be an executive here means following that Vision!

Advice to Management

Like someone else said fold or find a new model.

Feb 9, 2018 – President & CEO

The suggestion of evolving the business model is right on point. In fact, as has been discussed in detail many times during our weekly team meetings, our model is rapidly evolving and the Monthly... More

"A Seriously Confused Company..."

I worked at HireMojo full-time

Pros

They at least have a product. If you have family or outside things you need to deal with, then you get that freedom. Coworkers are great.

Cons

Strategy changes on a weekly basis. CEO gets random ideas and pushes everyone in that direction. Company makes major decisions based on small samples of data. I would say there is a great work/life balance but your demands to meet goals will force you to spend time outside of the office to work. Founder/CEO is desperate to make this idea work even though the market has clearly passed us by and he never provides clear direction. Our product is definitely not as good as others on the market.

Advice to Management

Fold. We're at the point where the company is struggling to stay alive. Someone in an earlier review called this a sinking ship, and that is correct.

Jun 13, 2017 – President & CEO

Thank you for the feedback. HireMojo continues to grow and improve, and as with any company, is learning along the way.

"One of the best places I have ever worked."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Challenging and dynamic position; every day is different. Ability to take ownership of your slice of the world, bureaucracy is kept to a minimum and the focus is on getting things done. Culture encourages open communication between team members and tons of perks that you would expect only from a larger/more established company, including emphasis on work/life balance.

Cons

If you aren't ready to show up for work, this isn't the job for you. It's a startup. 'Nuff said.

Advice to Management

The housecleaning that occurred last year has built a team that *gasp* enjoys working together. From management down, everyone is pulling their weight and making it a great place to work. Thanks for the leadership to allow people to grow and challenge themselves.

Jun 13, 2017 – President & CEO

Thank you for the kind words. The HireMojo team strives to bring the best to our customers and each other every day.

"Great Start-up Experience"

I have been working at HireMojo full-time

Pros

HireMojo is a great place to learn and contribute. The culture is collaborative and supportive while being metrics driven for growth.

Cons

This is a true start-up with opportunity to get involved deeply. If you're looking for a lifestyle, 9-5 job, this isn't for you.

Advice to Management

Continue providing great learning and growth opportunities! They're much appreciated.

Jun 13, 2017 – President & CEO

Thank you for your feedback. HireMojo is glad to learn that you found the environment positive. All the best in your future opportunities.

7. "Issues unresolved"

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Best applicant management platform in the HR industry is the attraction

Cons

Unsure that the present model to sell to clients is working. Company's vision was flawed as client's want more support than the cost for the service seems to justify.

Advice to Management

Address pricing

Jun 13, 2017 – President & CEO

New pricing and sales model implemented. Thank you.

"A great place to grow your career!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

HireMojo has allowed me to grow my career in amazing ways. The leaders and managers believe in constantly improving the product and yourself which pushes everyone to do their best. The company culture is one of honesty, hard work, solutions oriented problem solving and support.

Cons

Now that we are located in San Francisco I don't know that there are any downsides. You have to be prepared for working hard and getting feedback on the quality of your work.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing everyone to be better!

Jul 7, 2015 – President and CEO

We love hearing that HIreMojo has provided you an opportunity to grow and expand your career. Using the "alliance" framework to ensure that everyone is enabled to acheive their personal career growth... More

"innovators at work"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at HireMojo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

HireMojo is a great place to work!. You're given a lot of freedom, but it's also a responsibility to make sure you're doing things that are valuable. The strategy is not complex. The thinking is to make it easy to hire online, but also ensures that each and every person is treated fairly and with respect and that’s how each and every employee is made to feel.
    The perks and work environment are great, unless you're one of those types that can't stand open office spaces. I've worked in both a private office and open offices in multiple companies. I've found that open office environments leads to greater collaboration and team building. Hard wall offices end up just creating virtual walls in productivity. I'd much rather have the money go into other areas like salary, benefits, and other workplace improvements rather than the added real estate necessary to have offices

Cons

HireMojo expects a lot out of its employee, and you can't slack off. Of course, you shouldn't slack off at any job, but since HireMojo is pretty fast-paced, there is a risk that you'll have trouble adjusting at first.

Advice to Management

You need to focus on how you are going to maintain the existing culture and protocols as we grow

Jun 29, 2015 – President and CEO

Thank you for the feedback. We love being able to provide employees the freedom to meet their objectives as they see most appropriate,and take risks doing so. As you said with that freedom comes the... More

"Sinking ship"

Current Employee - Customer Support Agent in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Agent in San Francisco, CA

Pros

It is a comical place to work as it is so dissfuntional and so many things are not properly done. The Management team is laughable and the way they describe the mission of the company is just simply hilarious. When I first started the concept sounded really good. As time has gone on I have come to realize that this company is just another job posting/aggregator.

Cons

Management leaves much to be desired. Employee churn takes place on a daily basis and forget about raises. I really don't know how this company has been around for as long as it has.

Advice to Management

There is a serious misalignment of compensation and expectations. You get what you pay for and it shows.

Jun 29, 2015 – President and CEO

The value of Glassdoor is that current and former employees can provide their insights and comments in an anonymous manner. At HireMojo, we take all feedback to heart and view it as an opportunity to... More