HireVue Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 9, 2019

4.2
HireVue Chairman & CEO Kevin Parker
Kevin Parker
Pros
  • "Great culture and really great people to work with(in 15 reviews)

• "HireVue still has great, smart people who work there(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Startup growing pains and lots of change(in 5 reviews)

• "(in 3 reviews)

1. "Best company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Account Development Manager in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at HireVue full-time for less than a year

Pros

The collective team at HireVue is amazing. They stand by their mission to build strong working cultures and democratize hiring as their own headquarters has done exactly that. They employ a great number of people that work well together and are all focused on the end goal of building value for customers and team members. The company has great benefits, a great culture, and the management team is very strong and... capable.

Cons

At this point, the only con is the constant changes in the sales org. There are a lot of moving parts that are actively being worked out. If you are in the sales organization or actively interviewing, expect some instability and sudden changes; there has been quite a bit of change in the past 6 months (as with many other companies this size) and things are moving fast.

HireVue2019-11-25
  2. "Things Change Fast"

Former Employee - ADM in South Jordan, UT

I worked at HireVue full-time for more than a year

Pros

Their benefits are great. Really willing to pay their employees as well.

Cons

The culture fell off a cliff. It felt like I was living Game of Thrones with so many backroom conversations about this and that. Paranoia was pretty heavy there.

Advice to Management

Make the sales teams goals obtainable.

HireVue2019-12-09
  3. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Account Development in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at HireVue full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great learning and development opportunities - Everyone is extremely helpful and will share knowledge to help you grow - Career growth matters to this company, you won't be stuck in a stagnant role - Breakfast & Lunch rooms are always stocked with food and drinks - Positive focus on diversity & inclusiveness, equal opportunities, etc - HireVue strives to help other companies be better overall from... their candidate hiring experience all the way to learning/development and career development - Amazing benefits!!!

Cons

The only thing I can think of is that there should be some sort of oven in the lunch break room (in addition to the microwaves) because.... well, whatever. Personal preference on how to cook all of that glorious food the kitchen is stocked with!

Advice to Management

Keep on killing it!!!

HireVue2019-11-22
  4. "Dream job!"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at HireVue full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company culture, excellent pay and people who care!

Cons

Still working out some of the kinks in being a newer company, but overall lots of improvements every day!

HireVue2019-11-05
  5. "One of the best places for a software engineer to work"

Current Employee - Staff Software Engineer in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at HireVue full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great, smart people to work with, while at the same time able to contribute a lot myself. This is the kind of place where I'm not afraid to share my opinion, but once we commit to a certain direction, we all work well together to help us achieve our common goal. Benefits are great, pay is great, and the product is really something to be proud of.

Cons

Hardly any. There are some growing pains that are common for a fast-growth company like this one, but management is handling these fairly well.

HireVue2019-10-04
  6. "Product that has potential to positively impact individuals as well as companies."

Current Employee - Recruiter in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at HireVue full-time for less than a year

Pros

-culture of autonomy and ownership -really brilliant coworkers with interesting, diverse personalities -executive leadership has excellent vision for the company -at the end of the day, I just really love what we’re offering to the world. We’re making the recruitment/hiring process better for individuals by opening up opportunities to more people, and decreasing human bias.

Cons

-the coffee machine only has Starbucks beans, yuck! -South Jordan doesn’t have a corporate recycling program, very peeved about that. -company growth = changes. Some people don’t like that, but I think it’s a sign of a healthy company.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing, and as we grow, keeping employees top of mind to retain our awesome talent.

HireVue2019-09-13
  7. "Great company"

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I have been working at HireVue full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Kevin Parker is a fantastic CEO and does a great job listening and is not afraid to roll up his sleeves. Leadership is investing into resources to develop the sales team and territory. Flexibility to try new things and support from leadership to do so. Great culture and really great people to work with.

Cons

Sales cycles can be slow and marketing can't quite figure out how to drive enough inbound interest. Some reps will complain and get hung up on little things.

HireVue2019-09-10

"Fast-growing company with deep respect for employees"

Current Employee - Marketing in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at HireVue full-time for more than a year

Pros

Genuinely supportive company culture, great collaboration between teams; executive team is 50% women and 50% men; product works well for customers and the technology continues to break new ground. HireVue is the leading video interviewing and assessment player in the market and all the plans for the road ahead show it will remain the leader.

Cons

It can be difficult to explain the technology to people outside the HR/recruiting professional space who don't understand how hard it is for larger companies to screen, assess, interview, and hire when they're receiving tens of thousands of job applications each month.

Advice to Management

Keep innovating!

HireVue2019-07-24

"A tidal wave of toxicity"

I worked at HireVue full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Was once a great company to work for. Innovative, cutting edge technology.

Cons

One of the absolute worst corporate cultures I’ve been a part of in 20+ years. The sales organization is dysfunctional in every sense of the word. CRO was let go, and still hasn’t been backfilled. Gossip runs wild and great employees are being fired left and right. The SDR team has turned over nearly 200% in the last 24 months. For a company that promotes hiring and RETAINING talent....they’ve clearly missed the... latter portion of that mission statement. Truly a sad thing to watch as HireVue used to be a coveted destination and career choice for local and remote employees alike.

Advice to Management

Tighten it up. It starts at the top. Break up the cliques. Invest in “How to treat your employees” courses. This company was once a place where people would DIE to work. Now it’s a place that people are happy to distance themselves from.

HireVue2019-07-19
  10. "Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist

I have been working at HireVue full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great working environment. Good management

Cons

It can be really busy and sometimes overwhelming

HireVue2019-06-22