Hireology Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.3
Adam Robinson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"5 stars, 3.5 years later"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hireology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working at Hireology for close to 4 years now, and this is the second 5 star review I will be leaving. I have been promoted 6 times since my start, which is a true testament to how much opportunity this company offers to their individuals. Hireology truly cares about their employees on a granular level, which is tough to come by now a days. Leadership is not only incredibly transparent in all aspects of the company, but they're also more involved than most SaaS leadership teams, which is phenomenal. There is an open door policy here which is also pretty hard to come by this day in age. Your earning potential for sales is incredibly high if you work hard, and its also really fun selling a product that actually works and makes a huge impact on businesses across North America.

Cons

Can't think of any

Advice to Management

We are currently in a high growth stage (as expected) which has a lot of the managers stretched thin. My advice to management would be to delegate tasks (if possible) to their individual team members to allow managers more floor time as well as offer more experience to those who may want it.

Jun 14, 2018 – CEO

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. I appreciate the "stretched thin" feedback and I'll be sure to bring this up in our next leadership meeting. Here's to your continued success... More

"Unhealthy culture"

I have been working at Hireology full-time

Pros

Casual, downtown, lots off young people.

Cons

Managers are mean from the start.
    Leads are self generated

Advice to Management

Treat humans humanely

Jul 30, 2018 – CEO

This didn't go well for either of us, did it?

I apologize that your experience working here wasn't a good one. We put a lot of time and effort into making sure that we're making the right decision... More

"Five stars all around"

Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Care Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hireology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture
    Room to improve (move up in roles)
    Transparency in the company on all aspects
    Core values implemented in every area
    Excellent leadership in management
    Snacks
    Birthday cake every month for employees’ birthdays
    Core value shoutouts
    Team huddles - the entire company meets on Tuesdays

Cons

Hot coffee is a little weak but that’s the one and only complaint I have ever had. Everything else about this company is spectacular.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing. Love the ability to easily connect with any form of management.

Mar 14, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I'm glad to hear that we're delivering on our promises. Here's to a #BeExcellent 2018! I share your opinion of our coffee :) - Adam... More

"BDR"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Hireology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hireology provides the culture and energy of a fast growing start-up, with the stability and security that comes with being backed by large private equity firms. Upper management, starting with the CEO, is transparent in their vision and effective in their execution. The people who work here are hard working and truly abide by the company's 5 core values. Objective criteria for promotions ensures that everyone has the opportunity for advancement. Mid level management does a great job of being available as a resource, but not micromanaging. I would recommend Hireology to anyone looking to start or grow their career in Chicago.

Cons

The Auto industry, where the majority of Hireology's revenue comes from, is a very unique and sometimes stubborn industry to work with. While there's definitely money to be made there, its not an industry everyone will enjoy working in.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

Mar 14, 2018 – CEO

I appreciate the kind words and the thoughts on our biggest market. It's definitely a challenging environment in which to sell and service...but if it were easy, someone would already be doing it... More

"A+ Company"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Hireology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A great culture built on transparency and accountability. Adam is a CEO who leads by example and is one of the hardest workers at the company. The leadership team he built is top notch and has taken the company from a small startup to one of the fastest growing and best companies to work for in Chicago. Most companies brag about having a great culture but Hireology actually lives up to it. The people are great and make coming to work every day enjoyable. The company also has great interdepartmental communication and people work very well together. The sales, marketing, operations, and product teams are the best I have seen in my career. You also have a VP of Sales, VP of Product, and CFO who are willing to jump on any customer call at any time to help sales reps. I could go on and on but you get the point, the company is very impressive and I consider myself lucky to have worked there.

Cons

Nothing outside of the normal growing pains any company experiences.

Mar 14, 2018 – CEO

Thank you for the thoughtful comments. Your contributions to our growth and success made a big impact. Thank you for being a part of our story, and here's to your continued success. -Adam

6. "Excellent place to work!"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hireology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hireology is the perfect place to work! The people are great, the office is in an awesome location and is close to public transport and shuttles, the benefits range from the usual health insurance to really nice perks like gym discounts and discounted divvy memberships. I couldn't recommend this place more.

Cons

I have not found and do not expect to find any cons!

Jan 11, 2018 – CEO

We're glad you're here! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. - Adam

"Enjoyable - yet inconsistent."

Former Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at Hireology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Enjoyable place to work where you will meet many outstanding people. Great office space with perks such as snacks, beverages, and company outings. An open floor which encourages collaboration and makes the day go by quickly - while allowing most employees to remain productive.

Cons

Inconsistency amongst the leadership team, it feels as if most policies are "winged" as opposed to thoroughly thought out prior to made effective.

Lack of transparency when it comes to things like an employee's current standing with the company. Willingness from leadership to work with employees who are not on the top of the totem pole is weak.

They claim they have a plan for progression in place, but the numbers are unattainable for a majority of employees. Some leadership members put themselves first, and their employees second on a daily basis.

The pay is significantly less than hardworking employees deserve. This leaves some employees at a point where living in Chicago is unattainable and inefficient.

They pride themselves on their culture, but this aspect of the business is quickly crumbling and turnover has become a major issue.

Advice to Management

Care about all of your employees, not just the top performers. Do not simply enforce a policy without a future plan of action on how to execute the policy.

Aug 28, 2017 – CEO

When it comes to promotion/advancement/raises, managers at Hireology are accountable for three things. First, we have to be consistent. Second, we have to be objective. Third, we have to provide... More

"Fantastic Culture"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Hireology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My first day here every single person I passed stopped to introduce themselves to me and say hello, which really helped me feel welcomed and part of the team right away. Hireology cultivates a caring, fun, positive work environment without encouraging laziness or complacency. Leaders at this company reject the "keep your head down and do your work" mentality. Instead, they use weekly company wide meetings and quarterly "Town Halls" where all the teams (marketing, product, sales, etc) can inform others what they're up to and how they're contributing to the company as a whole. Our CEO has an open door policy and truly takes an interest in each person who works for him. Dress code is laid back, there are always snacks and refreshments stocked, the gym (free access) is clean, and benefits are incredible (unlimited PTO- they approved a weeklong trip for a wedding a month after I started!) . The location and office views are gorgeous and there are plenty of team building events, and they've brought in people like Eric Savage, Warren Rustand and Adam Greenberg to speak about their experiences and successes. The motivated, talented, creative, and (most importantly to me) positive people make it a fun and inspirational place to work. It feels like management as a whole really want to do what they can to help you develop and advance professionally.

Cons

Entry level sales at any company have downsides, so this con isn't Hireology-specific, but cold calling and emailing can at times be tedious. Thankfully, at this company managers are happy to take a meeting and work out a way to help break up your day with other prospecting techniques like utilizing strategic emailing, LinkedIn, or techniques for finding the best person to contact.

Advice to Management

Continue with team specific traditions that build comradery and the shout outs for small wins. While high volume of dials undoubtedly leads to the most success for setting meetings, perhaps consider using other metrics in addition to dials to measure activity so that more creative efforts aren't overlooked in a given day or week.

Jul 24, 2017 – CEO

I sincerely appreciate the feedback, and I'm glad that your experience here with us was a good one. Here's to your continued success! - Adam

9. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hireology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing company culture, widespread eagerness to improve and collaborative atmosphere between employees and management.

Cons

There are no cons to working at Hireology.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

May 30, 2017 – CEO

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying it here! Thanks for taking the time to weigh in.

- Adam

10. "Best company I have ever had the pleasure working for."

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hireology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone believes in what we are doing, and proud to stand behind such a successful product. You really feel excited to get out of bed every morning and come to work!

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment! Keep up the great work Adam and team! Can't wait to continue learning from leadership

Feb 27, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to share your excitement for what we're doing, and for your hard work and contributions to our success. Glad you're part of this team.

It's going to be a spectacular... More