KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Hireology Reviews

Updated Jan 10, 2022

Found 128 of over 132 reviews

3.7
Hireology Co-Founder, CEO, and Chief Hireologist Adam Robinson (no image)
Adam Robinson
Pros
  • "Hireology prides itself on work/life balance and recognizes the important of family(in 15 reviews)

• "Great benefits, strong company culture(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "As of today I have not had any negative experiences at Hireology(in 17 reviews)

• "Growing pains that any startup faces but we handle them in stride(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Join the conversation on
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0

Love it

Dec 8, 2021 - Sales Development Representative (SDR) in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work, everyone is welcoming and kind

Cons

Cannot think of any at this time

CEO

Hey there! Thanks for stopping by to post a review. I'm glad that you're enjoying your experience with us. Here's to your continued success!

2. 2.0
      Current Employee

Objectively bad for a BDR position

Dec 28, 2021 - BDR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Investment from company so you get a nice office

Cons

Isn't profitable and that tension yields high pressure to management to provide value.

1 person found this review helpful

CEO

Thank you for sharing your opinion on the business, and I'm always disappointed to hear that we're not meeting expectations. The BDR role is one of the most important roles we have here. In addition to being the first point of contact with prospective customers, that role has served as a launch point for so many of our current leaders. That said, I'll be the first to agree with you that the BDR team was in flux in the back half of 2021 with an eye on making a sizable investment in recalibrating that team. Two important things have happened - first, we've brought all of our BDRs into one unified team and hired an experienced leader who's focused on your success. Second, we've hired a full time sales trainer to ensure that you're learning the skills and approach needed to drive effectiveness in the role. Being a BDR is challenging in any environment. I'm grateful that you're with us and my ask is that you work with us as we put these changes in motion. Do you have ideas for how to do things differently? My door is open anytime if you want to share your ideas with me directly.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Look elsewhere

Jan 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Some really great people work there - Good core values that most people live by - Benefits are pretty standard

Cons

- Nearly the entire leadership team left the company within the last 2 years - Big decisions felt more reactive than proactive - Burnout is very real, especially on Customer Success team - Pay is low compared to other similar companies - Favoritism - The product isn’t up to par with competitors

4. 1.0

Beware

Dec 22, 2021 - Account Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some friendly employees. Decent Manager Pay is ok

Cons

Very Cliquish Lack of Diversity Improve Benefits Ineffective Training Nepotism and Cronyism Poor Onboarding Experience They miss the mark for hiring talent.

2 people found this review helpful

CEO

This one's tough to hear. I appreciate that you shared your thoughts on the company, negative as they may be. This isn't a great forum for responding in detail to a list like this one. I've commented on a few items below, and I'll go out on limb here and ask if'd you'd be willing to talk with me directly about your feedback. I do hope you'll take me up on it. It's important to me and our leadership team that we understand why you feel this way so we can take action. For the record: - Hireology was just named Top 5 in Chicago for 'best benefits' by Built In Chicago. Our benefits offering is strong, and is so much more than just health insurance. - We spend a lot of time and effort on attracting and retaining a diverse workforce. In fact, if you compare us to other software companies in Chicago and the US, our team diversity is something to be proud of, particularly in our technical roles. Are we satisfied? Of course not. - Everyone earns their spot - me included - every single day on the job. Over half of our company received a promotion in 2021. Nepotism/cronyism is giving rewards to people because of who they know, without regard to their ability or results. There's no place for that here. When a team member delivers consistent performance and lives our values, there's near limitless opportunity here. That's a meritocracy. Don't confuse the two.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

If you put in the work you get rewarded BIG

Nov 5, 2021 - Business Development Representative (BDR)
      Business Outlook

Pros

I want to start this by saying nobody told me to write a review, I'm not getting paid to say anything nice. This is 100% my opinion of Hireology and this is my true experience. I am a BDR at Hireology and have been for around 2 months. I eventually want to pursue a career in sales, so starting by cold calling is an absolute must. If you're the kind of person who likes to learn, this is a great company for learning from your mistakes and improving month over month. The Sales team is constantly seeking feedback from others. Its a relatively small team of about 12-15 people. Everyone is friendly and genuinely cares about your success. We celebrate daily wins and weekly achievements. When you succeed you feel good, more importantly when you don't succeed, your manager dives in to see how they can provide you support to get you back on track. Management does a good job of setting you up for success in your role. My metrics are clearly laid out before me each month and they are split into weekly goals (if you're making the dial count/day you will hit your quota). I work hand in hand with my Account Director. She truly helps me focus on the right leads and how I can develop my script. Over here its Quality> Quantity. The key to any BDR position is asking discovery questions to see if they would be a potential fit as a customer. From my first interview with my AD, she laid out her expectations, and I laid out mine. If you are direct, positive-minded, and money motivated you will do well as a BDR. What you don't see in the negative reviews is if you get your call count and are ahead in your metrics you can end the day early. This doesn't have to be a 9-5 kind of job, you make your own hours as a BDR. Management supports you as long as you are doing your work and doing a quality job. Management sent out the book "Always Be Qualifying", if you haven't read it please do because it helps me focus on qualified leads which has allowed me to hit above my quota thus far. Hireology allows you to expense on any learning materials up to around $1000 a year (don't quote me on the number). It shows they want you to succeed in your role, but again you have to put in the work to actively read/learn how to do better. I enjoy the whole WFH (work from home) environment. Adam has explained the company does not expect employees to return in office after covid unless they want to. The WFH is very flexible and I like it. Everything about the company is laid out on our help center "the flask". This is where all new hires should spend their time. It will help you fully understand the company, the product, and the customers. Hireology is a generous company. On the sales side of things they reward people who perform. They constantly have cash prize competitions to drive competitive behavior between sales people. If you like sales you should be driven by competition and a chance to win extra money.

Cons

I wanted to wait to see if I could find any cons before I posted an official review, but I still can't find anything severe. Not so much of a con, more of advice to anyone thinking about the BDR role. All good things in life come with hard work. As a BDR, I play a critical role in opening the door to potential customers. BDRs will spend all day cold calling, texting, and emailing on potential clients. This can be hard when you constantly have people telling you "no". The best piece of advice I can give to anyone considering a BDR position here at Hireology (or anywhere for that matter) is after every no, you're one step closer to helping someone in need and getting the "yes". If you're a relatively positive thinking person, this role will help keep you focused. I have seen the other negative reviews and it seems a lot of the BDR's don't know what they are getting into when they sign a contact. Business development reps are inside sales cold calling. If you want a future in sales, you need this experience. If you don't think cold calling is something you would succeed at, please choose a different route because this role will eat you alive if you're not focused on finding qualified leads.

CEO

So great to read that you're enjoying your time with us. We win together! Here's to your continued success.

6. 4.0

Great atmosphere

Sep 30, 2021 - Business Development Representative in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

the leadership team is open and communicative

Cons

small company so pay can start low

7. 4.0

Great Place to work

Sep 20, 2021 - Hireologist
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Room for growth -Work life balance -In office perks

Cons

-High turnover across many departments

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good, but limiting

Sep 13, 2021 - Project Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Everyone who works at Hireology is genuinely kind, smart, and always willing to help. Hireology does a great job of sourcing some great talent. The leadership team is communicative and every week discusses the roadmap to make sure that everyone is aware of what the next move is and how to achieve our goals. Pretty great benefits. They definitely live up to their "unlimited time" off and encourage people to take the time they need to recharge. Introducing mental health days during covid definitely helped people here get through some hard times. It was refreshing to see such empathy showcased through actual, tangible, change.

Cons

The company puts too much focus on one vertical, automotive, as its main customer base. Auto dealerships make very hard clients to work with, considering that very few people want to work for them and many are reluctant to change their practices in an applicant economy. However, the focus on one vertical made it very apparent of how dangerous that is when COVID hit. Due to dealerships being closed, our company had to layoff around 20% of our staff. I believe that the layoffs were not handled the best way. It was done one a company wide meeting and basically anyone with a meeting called "transition" or something other would not be coming in the next day. It definitely could have been handled with more discretion. In terms of the product itself, it good, but barely if you consider our competitors when it comes to UI design and features. Although our main customer base are those who are used to a very limited recruiting software, it still feels every elementary. Specifically, the design never really felt as though it was intuitive. Although I think the CEO is genuinely kind with a great heart he can come across as someone who is recycling motivational speeches that have very little depth. Like many CEOs, it seems as though his main focus is sales. As many employees don't work in sales it can feel as though those teams are not thought of and sizing teams accordingly and setting goals fall behind. But, a CEO being only sales driven is nothing new of any company I have ever worked for. Lastly, although the leadership team has been amazing at communicating our company goals, one that they absolutely failed at was communicating if employees could WFH moving forward. This was despite many people relocating permanently, already having a remote engineering team, and having employees asking questions regarding this subject every single quarter, it felt like a "shrug" and "we're still testing things out" response. Which as everyone knows, is an answer of "no" without saying no. This year also has had a lot of turnover. Not sure if that is related to wanting to WFH, or because COVID has unexpectedly created a job market in an applicant's favor that a tech company like Hireology can't compete with anymore.

2 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Best place to work

Sep 13, 2021 - Customer Success Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great leadership lots of tenured employees Family comes first Amazing work life balance Covid Policy

Cons

Change in the leadership team

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company with great people

Sep 2, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hireology is full of fantastic people. I was hired during COVID, but have felt connected to my team and coworkers from day one. Our product is great, and our mission to help organizations find great people makes the job even more rewarding. Our leadership team is very forthcoming with our goals and priorities as a company, and does a great job at being transparent. Our DEI council is a welcoming group of people that prioritize making our org a place where everyone feels comfortable and empowered. We also have so many employees that have moved across teams to continue to grow professionally, and Hireology is truly dedicated to employee success.

Cons

Growth is prioritized, but it would be great to have a really clear outline of how to move from individual contributor to manager to director and so on.

CEO

Thanks for stopping by to write a review on your time here so far. I'm glad to hear that we're meeting your expectations and that you're interested in a path to management. Our mentorship program and Job Shadow Week are two programs I would highly encourage you to pursue. Just talk to the People Team! - Adam

Viewing 1 - 10 of 128 Reviews

Hireology Reviews FAQs

70% of Hireology employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Hireology 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Hireology to be career development, senior leadership, benefits and the cons to be compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Hireology Job Seekers