Hireology Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Fantastic Culture"

Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Business Development Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Hireology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My first day here every single person I passed stopped to introduce themselves to me and say hello, which really helped me feel welcomed and part of the team right away. Hireology cultivates a caring, fun, positive work environment without encouraging laziness or complacency. Leaders at this company reject the "keep your head down and do your work" mentality. Instead, they use weekly company wide meetings and quarterly "Town Halls" where all the teams (marketing, product, sales, etc) can inform others what they're up to and how they're contributing to the company as a whole. Our CEO has an open door policy and truly takes an interest in each person who works for him. Dress code is laid back, there are always snacks and refreshments stocked, the gym (free access) is clean, and benefits are incredible (unlimited PTO- they approved a weeklong trip for a wedding a month after I started!) . The location and office views are gorgeous and there are plenty of team building events, and they've brought in people like Eric Savage, Warren Rustand and Adam Greenberg to speak about their experiences and successes. The motivated, talented, creative, and (most importantly to me) positive people make it a fun and inspirational place to work. It feels like management as a whole really want to do what they can to help you develop and advance professionally.

Cons

Entry level sales at any company have downsides, so this con isn't Hireology-specific, but cold calling and emailing can at times be tedious. Thankfully, at this company managers are happy to take a meeting and work out a way to help break up your day with other prospecting techniques like utilizing strategic emailing, LinkedIn, or techniques for finding the best person to contact.

Advice to Management

Continue with team specific traditions that build comradery and the shout outs for small wins. While high volume of dials undoubtedly leads to the most success for setting meetings, perhaps consider using other metrics in addition to dials to measure activity so that more creative efforts aren't overlooked in a given day or week.

Jul 24, 2017 – CEO

I sincerely appreciate the feedback, and I'm glad that your experience here with us was a good one. Here's to your continued success! - Adam

"Enjoyable - yet inconsistent."

Former Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at Hireology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Enjoyable place to work where you will meet many outstanding people. Great office space with perks such as snacks, beverages, and company outings. An open floor which encourages collaboration and makes the day go by quickly - while allowing most employees to remain productive.

Cons

Inconsistency amongst the leadership team, it feels as if most policies are "winged" as opposed to thoroughly thought out prior to made effective.

Lack of transparency when it comes to things like an employee's current standing with the company. Willingness from leadership to work with employees who are not on the top of the totem pole is weak.

They claim they have a plan for progression in place, but the numbers are unattainable for a majority of employees. Some leadership members put themselves first, and their employees second on a daily basis.

The pay is significantly less than hardworking employees deserve. This leaves some employees at a point where living in Chicago is unattainable and inefficient.

They pride themselves on their culture, but this aspect of the business is quickly crumbling and turnover has become a major issue.

Advice to Management

Care about all of your employees, not just the top performers. Do not simply enforce a policy without a future plan of action on how to execute the policy.

Aug 28, 2017 – CEO

When it comes to promotion/advancement/raises, managers at Hireology are accountable for three things. First, we have to be consistent. Second, we have to be objective. Third, we have to provide... More

3. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Account Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hireology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing company culture, widespread eagerness to improve and collaborative atmosphere between employees and management.

Cons

There are no cons to working at Hireology.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

May 30, 2017 – CEO

I'm glad to hear that you're enjoying it here! Thanks for taking the time to weigh in.

- Adam

4. "Best company I have ever had the pleasure working for."

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hireology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone believes in what we are doing, and proud to stand behind such a successful product. You really feel excited to get out of bed every morning and come to work!

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment! Keep up the great work Adam and team! Can't wait to continue learning from leadership

Feb 27, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to share your excitement for what we're doing, and for your hard work and contributions to our success. Glad you're part of this team.

It's going to be a spectacular... More

5. "Amazing company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hireology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fast growing with a lot of opportunity to grow

Cons

I can't think of one.

Advice to Management

keep being awesome!

Oct 10, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for posting your thoughts on the company, and for being a part of our success.

--Adam

6. "Good, but could be Great"

I have been working at Hireology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, great people and very transparent company.

Cons

Lack of leadership and direction. Product department is hurting productivity.

Advice to Management

Take a good look at how product managers are performing and provide them with a clear direction. Development has turned into a bug driven waterfall process giving developers free range to deploy hot fixes at will. Which often results in breaking more than it fixes.

Jul 11, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for your feedback! Our product management team has shifted its approach considerably over the last few months, focusing on adding customer value sooner (release more things, faster) while... More

"Cannot recommend"

Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hireology full-time

Pros

The capital, management team and infrastructure is all there for this place to succeed, but I still wouldn't recommend it if you're looking to grow professionally or financially. If you do join, make sure you join the auto team since that is where the focus and money is at. It's still a small company, so you really do get to see how a start-up can quickly scale, and witnessing that is what will help you find the next job.

Cons

Unofficial motto is "sell the dream, service the nightmare."
    The sacrifice of working here is too great for the opportunity, if an opportunity for your growth and development even exists. For the most part, the product doesn't work. If you do accept an offer, you'll join us in bombing the phones for 3-18 months, hoping you get a promotion, and promotions are not always based on merit. At the end of the day, if you need a job and you get an offer, this place will suffice. However, if you're looking for a career path that leads to financial success, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

You guys are pretty smart. You'll be just fine.

Jun 20, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for weighing in with your opinion. You've probably heard me say this before in our monthly town hall: If you're invested in your success here at Hireology and believe that there are issues... More

"I can't imagine a better place to grow"

Pros

I have never experienced a better sales culture then Hireology's. Reps, managers, and senior leadership truly respect and care about one another and are aligned to the same goals. We have the shared vision to change the way that businesses hire, and hold ourselves and each other accountable to our goals.

Cons

With growth comes change. However, change at Hireology is usually tied to what the company needs the grow. If you aren't looking to change and grow, Hireology might not be the best fit for you.

Advice to Management

Continue leading by example, treating your employees like owners in the business, and living our core values.

Jul 11, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for your feedback!

"An amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Design Researcher in Rochester, MN
    Current Employee - Design Researcher in Rochester, MN

I have been working at Hireology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

What I love about Hireology:
    -I feel trusted and respected
    -I don't have to "sell" UX
    -There's a lot of flexibility to work on interesting projects and suggest new areas of exploration
    -Everyone I've worked with has been talented, yet humble, intelligent, thoughtful, and genuinely considers what's best for our customers.
    -Professional development is valued and supported
    -Excellent work-life balance
    -Work is fun!

Cons

I can't think of any cons about the work and my team. It's a startup, so the benefits aren't what you'd have at a big corporation, but the intangibles like flexible work, awesome people, truly enjoyable work, and no bureaucracy are well worth it. After 20 years of working for other companies, I feel like I found a truly perfect professional fit.

Advice to Management

Keep up what you are doing!

Jul 11, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for taking the time to weigh in, and I'm excited that you're a part of the team.

Cheers,
    Adam

"Great People, Poor Structure"

Current Employee - Sales Development Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Development Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Hireology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company has a great crop of people, who have done a good job of creating a fun atmosphere. You will make very good friends.

Cons

Hireology uses the culture to sell you on a job that really has no clear path for growth. They encourage you to ask managers about career progression, but the managers are never clear and promise career paths that don't amount to anything. Every single sales person is sold on the fact that they will move up very quickly, then you quickly realize that isn't the case. The culture is dying off as management is scrambling to hit goals set by investors. It is clearly very tense, but they do a good job of pretending everything is going well. They pay people way under market average, but continue to promise new compensation structures that never materialize. The sales people at the company are treated like children. The free culture is dying off and now schedules of hourly tasks are now handed out to limit what the sales development managers can do besides call.

Advice to Management

Stop treating sales development managers like children, and be clear of actual possibilities of career growth and more compensation. In a city like Chicago, it is almost impossible to live off of the salary offered for a sales position. You cannot take advantage of people just because they are fresh out of college. People are going to continue to leave the sales team if things don't change.

Dec 29, 2015 – CEO

Thanks for weighing in. It looks like both you and our management team have some work to do here.

From your comments, it sounds to me that you didn't get the clarity you sought when you... More