Hitachi Consulting Reviews in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Hitachi Consulting President and Chief Executive Officer Hicham Abdessamad
Hicham Abdessamad

Pros
  • Work life balance and career opportunities (in 96 reviews)

• Develop relationships with great people (in 58 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance depends on project (in 28 reviews)

• Their yearly review process takes too much time and didn't seem to be very effective (in 23 reviews)

"Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in The Colony, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in The Colony, TX

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall Hitachi Consulting is a great company to work for with a lot of growth if you are willing to work for it. This is a place that is great for new ideas.

Cons

Promotions currently are set on a time scale attribute for lower level employees but this is changing currently.

2. "Hitachi Consulting has an amazing amount of potential in store for careers at all levels."

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

Incredible group of peers to both support and sharpen you
    Proven path of succession and high ceilings
    Competitive salaries and benefits

Cons

Fast growth can be overwhelming
    Long term but small projects can leave you feeling isolated and out of touch

Advice to Management

Keep the career and performance management (CPM) a priority and well managed
    Keep the social calendar full and open for those in the field

3. "Very good company to work for"

Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Dallas, TX

Pros

amazing talent to work with
    great solution offered to the clients
    pushing forward to excel always

Cons

extensive travel
    relatively small-size company as compared to other big fishes

Advice to Management

you are the best, keep taking care of the employees as you are.

5. "I've been at Hitachi Consulting and an acquired organization for more than 13 years and it's been a great experience"

Current Employee - Vice President in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President in Dallas, TX

Pros

* Hitachi Consulting has encouraged development of new consulting practices which will help us grow and differentiate ourselves.
    * Majority of the employees are smart, hard working talented people that are very interested in helping clients solve real problems
    * Most employees are good at collaborating with each other in order to provide the most value for our clients

Cons

* Leadership team members (at times) seem like they are not all aligned. This can create competition among teams for staffing and credit etc. This is definitely getting better with the new org model of 2010 - I am seeing much more cooperation among teams now that the geo/market offices do not control account relationships and staffing.

Advice to Management

Pressure from leadership to form more of a pyramid structure (less top heavy, more bottom heavy) is not always consistent with the level of expertise that some of our clients expect/desire/need. Leadership needs to be careful to not adopt the "Andersen model" of the 80's in the 2010 decade.

"Lots of changes with growing pains - but for the better"

Current Employee - Manager Consulting Services in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Manager Consulting Services in Dallas, TX

Pros

Top notch people provide a stimulating professional environment and make it enjoyable. I have been able to work on a variety of projects that have built up my skills. I have seen a lot of increased focus on training and regimented skill development over the past year. Recently, HCC went from geography based teams to technology and management consulting teams that I see as a positive for my future career development. The changes were the result of a new Strategic plan to grow significantly over the next 5 years.

Cons

Dust needs to settle on all of the changes the past year, while I think they will be good in the long run, they have created much turmoil. Some people prefered the geography model. I personally enjoy travel and prefer to work on projects wherever the best opportunities are located. In a few years this may be a negative but for now it is not a problem for me.

Advice to Management

No more org changes for a while - stick to the significant growth strategy.

7. "Very good overall for an IT consulting firm"

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

Great people
    Easy access to leadership within the firm
    Good combination of being a relatively new company but also being stable and established in a lot of ways
    Work-life balance is generally very good for a consulting company
    Market focus helps keeps people local

Cons

While the company has come a long way in the last few years, there is still room for improvement with regard to methodologies, processes, etc.
    Markets and practice areas are all managed in different ways

Advice to Management

Keep working on improving internal training, methodologies, etc. I think we are headed in the right direction there.

8. "A great company to work for"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

Pros

The people really make this firm. It's a fun and exciting place to grow your career. Everyone is very fair and treats each other with a great deal of respect. They offer a broad range of solutions and sell to many of the Fortune 100 companies. The solutions they offer allow people to build skills in relevant market solutions.

Cons

It's a very small consultancy that competes with the big firms, which can sometimes be wierd. Some of the training curiculum isn't too built out yet, although I hear they're working on it. Compensation can be a little on the low end for the marketplace.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people. Talk with the Senior Consultant and Manager level people regularly.