Hitachi Consulting Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Hitachi Consulting President and Chief Executive Officer Hicham Abdessamad
Hicham Abdessamad

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • work life balance depends on project (in 28 reviews)

• Their yearly review process takes too much time and didn't seem to be very effective (in 25 reviews)

1. "Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Hitachi Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very Good Culture to work, Good health Plan and 401K plan is OK

Cons

Need better direction as per the current market trends. Don't spend on training and skill set

Advice to Management

Better to find out talend who wants to grow and provide opportunities for the current market trends.

Nov 15, 2017 – Social Recruiting Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad that you are enjoying the company culture. Our employees are our most valuable assets, so it is important to us to communicate that... More

"Thumbs up"

Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interesting and challenging projects. Leadership recent vision to build 'state-of-the-art' Go-To-Market solutions is exciting. The company is setting the bar high on hiring and retaining best talent, especially at the Management level.

Cons

Compensation and bonuses could be more market competitive.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. If HCC were trading in the stock market, I would buy long.

3. "Manager"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work with amazing people, collaborative environment, great variety in the project work, great leadership.

Cons

Excessive travel, does not compensate as well as other consulting jobs.

"Glad I left"

Former Employee - Technology Consulting Senior Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Technology Consulting Senior Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Hitachi Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was good.
    My boss was great.
    Good insurance
    Good training for entry level hires.
    Nice office in the city.
    Good parties each quarter, after status meeting.

Cons

No culture. More like hired guns running in different directions.
    I didn't think the org was focused on employees experience/retention.
    The Dallas office has most of the staff. Other office's projects get staffed with people Dallas is unwilling to fire.

Advice to Management

Survey your employees and ask them what they need. Manage bad performers out. It will improve the culture.

Jun 22, 2017 – Social Recruiting Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Hitachi Consulting is committed to creating a beneficial, transparent and collaborative environment for all employees, so it is disappointing to... More

"Manager"

Former Employee - Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Hitachi Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Project to have started my consulting career with. Lots of challenges for resources to shine, especially if you are in mid senior level and working with client and offshore. Amazing synergy with technology partners like Oracle. Lots of opportunities to present and speak with Signature events like Open World and Cloud day.

Cons

I worked in hitachi close to 15 months. I was brought in as Manager to lead an ADF implementation, in a project that was almost unsure of go live. We had a great manager and VP. We took the challenge and worked days and nights to make this project a success and we had more SOWs signed. Unfortunately thats when things started going down. We had more VPs and Directors assigned to the account and things really went spirally down for those who worked. I had a lot of credit assigned to me during the course of things. My existing manager had left and new managers and mentors came in. The moment GARM came, all my credits were taken and assigned to others who hardly contributed, just because I had enough credits to get promotion and others needed it for their promotion. Seriously ?? I tried to stand my ground and it reflected on my rating as I was construed to be arguing with my new manager. I was asked to make a compromise and promised to be taken care of in the later years. Now with all that said, the performance rating and the credit system is just a joke behind the scenes. The management can promote and bring up who they want to by stealing others credits and accomplishments and make things look normal to top management. I quit hitachi without waiting for my promotion or bonus, although many in my management tried to convince me. I was happy to be part of implementation, but very unhappy with the politics played by the middle management. I felt it was unethical.

Advice to Management

Many projects are top heavy, resources on the ground who are doing the heavy lifting are rationalized, but I cant say the same about the number of managers. Some managers don't even know how to assess employees on the merit of work done. Many managers on the ground don't even know what the technology is about.

Apr 18, 2017 – Social Recruiting Administrator

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have shared your viewpoints to the Leadership team. We appreciate the time you have taken to articulate your experience and will use it to find ways to improve... More

"New Leadership killed the company with no plan B."

Former Employee - Senior Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Manager

I worked at Hitachi Consulting (More than 5 years)

Pros

The great thing about Hitachi Consulting USED to be the people but unfortunately the between leadership not supporting revenue generating practices and eventually shutting them down and great people leaving or getting fired. It's like a ghost town.

Cons

The Executive Leadership Team and their lack of focus. Putting all their energy in a new strategy while completely abandoning what made Hitachi work instead of a phased approach over a period of time is a rookie mistake.

Advice to Management

Get it together. You have to understand the business you want to be in in order to be successful. Good luck. So sad to see the ruins that are left of what a great company.

"Strategy is to scare off high performers"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Hitachi Consulting full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Develop relationships with great people
    Projects are interesting and provide personal growth opportunities
    Work/life balance good if you want to travel

Cons

New "pay for performance" plan doesn't pay and provides perverse incentives
    Leadership & HR out of touch
    Shift to solutions hemorrhaging money, no visibility into path to viability
    Probably hamstrung by oversight from Japan

Advice to Management

Admit defeat and sell to a competitor or give up on growth and focus on strengths in specialized areas that actually make money and have very talented people

"Keep your Ears and Eyes Open!!!"

Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

Decent Mediocre company.
    Decent pay
    Hire -Fire policy
    Depends again which project and manager you are working with.

Cons

Increase your client base.
    Come out of the legacy Technologies mindset
    Start embracing new Technologies like cloud and open source Technologies

Advice to Management

Are you listening???

Dec 22, 2016 – Social Recruiting Administrator

Thank you for your feedback. First, I'd like to assure you that we are listening. Transformation can be a challenging process and in order to succeed we need the thoughts and suggestions of... More

"Hard to Trust"

Former Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Manager in Seattle, WA

I worked at Hitachi Consulting full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some genuinely good people working here that are trying to serve the clients.

Cons

Seem to treat employees as disposable, with a blatant disregard for keeping their word. If you are working here and travelling, make sure you stop travelling before you give notice - it has been several months and I still have not received expense reimbursement for travel on my last week there, and it is impossible to get anyone who seems to care.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like they are disposable. There has been a huge amount of turnover, and much of that is because they don't trust your intentions.

Jan 12, 2017 – Social Recruiting Administrator

Thank you for your feedback. Transformation is a tough process. As a company we are seeing improvements but are also experiencing growing pains as a result. We know any and all success experienced as... More

"Great people, innovative company..no work"

Former Employee - Solutions Architect/Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Solutions Architect/Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at Hitachi Consulting full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Employees are actively involved in company
    Many opportunities to excel

Cons

No work, limited clients