Hitchiner Manufacturing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
John H. Morison III

1. "A challenging work environment"

Current Employee - Engineer I in Milford, NH
    Current Employee - Engineer I in Milford, NH

I have been working at Hitchiner Manufacturing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hitchiner has a unique process in investment casting, so a good amount of learning takes place on-site. My coworkers offer a lot of support in every field, which allows me to work through projects quickly. There are many different ways to approach a problem with a lot of variables at hand; thus far, my work has been challenging, yet enjoyable.

Cons

The documentation is a bit of a mess, but they're remedying that. Some days, I have more meetings than I do time to get work done. However, most meetings are (surprisingly) not a waste of time.

Feb 27, 2017 – Social Media Coordinator/HR

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We appreciate hearing your perspective and hope you continue to experience a level of support that helps you grow within Hitchiner.

2. "Plant Coordenator/Hazardous Waste Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Littleton, NH

I worked at Hitchiner Manufacturing full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

can't think of any, sorry

Cons

Bad Management no concern for employees

Advice to Management

Wake up

"Engineer's prospective"

Former Employee - Engineer in Milford, NH
    Former Employee - Engineer in Milford, NH

I worked at Hitchiner Manufacturing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Engineering staff is young and gets along well. They are helpful when they can be.

Cons

Ahh where to start? This company is very top heavy. Every few years a new management team comes in and makes the same mistakes as their former employees. Work life balance is a foreign language here. You feel guilt tripped into working 50 hour work weeks. The overall moral is low and promotions within only exist if you are in the Morison's inner circle. Management treats hourly employees like slaves and even being salary I could see it. It's sad really, hourly employees make the company run, not management.

Advice to Management

Stop acting like its a high school popularity contest and act like a streamlined business.

Feb 27, 2017 – Social Media Coordinator/HR

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, we do appreciate your feedback. Working in the manufacturing industry can be challenging and often requires more time and commitment than other industries. We ... More

5. "Machine op"

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Littleton, NH
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Littleton, NH

I worked at Hitchiner Manufacturing full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Overtime if you needed extra money

Cons

Has a very strict attendance policy, this place is the reason why unions are still needed,they hardly ever give out bonuses. Pay below average for making automotive parts, nepotism goes on here,it's privately owned so the management doesn't have to report to anyone, layoffs are a normal part of business here.

Advice to Management

Stop the nepotism, actually give a decent bonus, stop treating employees like robots

6. "My Second home"

Former Employee - Visual Inspector/Straightener in Greenville, NH
    Former Employee - Visual Inspector/Straightener in Greenville, NH

I worked at Hitchiner Manufacturing (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very good place to work as far as learning new things and the advance training. I got to work with many fantastic people and Bosses. My last department I was in was R/D.

Cons

The mandatory O.T. after awhile gets to be too much on everyone's health. Didn't agree with having the dust collectors inside the building.

Advice to Management

When you have a Kaizen in the metal department and it is a good fix and the product has a much better, Don't change it. If the product is getting out the door on time don't increase the rates because when you do that there is a lot of scrap that is produced.

Oct 3, 2016 – Social Media Coordinator/HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your time working at Hitchiner. Certainly every job is going to have it's challenges, and we truly ... More

"grinder/maintance"

Former Employee - Grinder/Maintenance in Littleton, NH
    Former Employee - Grinder/Maintenance in Littleton, NH

I worked at Hitchiner Manufacturing full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

pay was very good,i liked what i did

Cons

they moved out of town

Sep 29, 2016 – Social Media Coordinator/HR

We are happy that you enjoyed your time working at Hitchiner. It is always unfortunate when business decisions affect people in a negative way and closing a facility was definitely a difficult ... More

"machine operator"

Former Employee - Machine Operator in Milford, NH
    Former Employee - Machine Operator in Milford, NH

I worked at Hitchiner Manufacturing full-time

Pros

pay is lousy u need to keep up with rate or your out

Cons

lots of at timeclock after 7 weeks i can see why.mandatory overtime constantly and when mandatory its 10 hours with saturdays

Advice to Management

management tells u to do it and when u go into so called training 30% is wrong info.

Aug 9, 2016 – Social Media Coordinator/HR

No doubt that some manufacturing jobs are tough, and yes, there are certainly orders that need to be filled in a specified time. I assure you however, that our paygrades are on par or better than ... More

"Out of Control"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milford, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milford, NH

I worked at Hitchiner Manufacturing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The two best parts of working at Hitchiner were the technology involved and the colleges I worked with.

Getting to work with and understand Hitchiner's unique process was highly interesting. It inspired a strong desire to become involved with the process and improve wherever possible.

The colleges that surrounded me were all sincerely caring with admirable work ethics. There seemed to be a real family atmosphere between most employees. Unfortunately, I would credit this more to a mutual atmosphere of dissatisfaction than an atmosphere of collaboration.

Cons

Mandatory Weekends…

If that’s not enough upper management acted as though nearly everyone under them as dispensable. The low appreciation, low compensation, and above mentioned extended hours created an atmosphere where the turnover rate was just above one year for the engineering department.

Lastly, upper management appeared to make snap decisions with little or no information to justify their actions. This fostered a severe disconnect between management and the rest of the employees. Frequently I felt as though management had little idea what happened in the company on a day to day bases.

Advice to Management

Acknowledgment of the hard work employees do is a must. As well as an open and transparent management style that’s backed by data on the ground floor.

Jul 21, 2016 – Social Media Coordinator/HR

Thank you for your feedback, you have some made some very important points. First, we are glad to hear that your had wonderful colleagues, work is always better when you work with good people who ... More

"Treading water"

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Littleton, NH
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in Littleton, NH

I have been working at Hitchiner Manufacturing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome coworkers and supervisors. Lots of cross-training in various jobs.

Cons

The company refuses to hire on any of its temporary workers, even after someone has been there for over TWO YEARS.

Advice to Management

Don't let good hard workers slide through your fingers!

Jul 21, 2016 – Social Media Coordinator/HR

Thank you for your feedback. It is great that you enjoyed working with the wonderful community that was the Hitchiner's Littleton Facility. As I am sure you are aware, the difficult decision to ... More

11. "working in research and development"

Former Employee - R/D Technician in Milford, NH
    Former Employee - R/D Technician in Milford, NH

I worked at Hitchiner Manufacturing full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

learn allot about metal castings and the process for the finished product.

Cons

mandatory overtime on all employees

Jul 21, 2016 – Social Media Coordinator/HR

Thank you for your feedback! It is great to hear that you enjoyed your time here and learned a lot!