Hivewyre Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Buzzing Bees"

Current Employee - Senior Marketing Specialist
    Current Employee - Senior Marketing Specialist

I have been working at Hivewyre full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I truly do enjoy working at Hivewyre. It is an office where you work hard and see your efforts rewarded. They are all about big ideas to continue to grow and encourage employees to think out of the box. The culture is great and has a fun, start-up vibe.

Cons

If you are not good at holding yourself accountable, it is hard to be successful.

Advice to Management

Continue to grow and reward employees for thinking big.

2. "Endless Opportunity"

I worked at Hivewyre full-time

Pros

autonomy, unlimited PTO, casual fun work environment, ability to learn new industry (digital advertising) and financial opportunity

Cons

very aggressive ramp, you have to hit it out of the park very quickly, politics (like most sales orgs), previous success means little in this environment only what you project for current, next month

"waste of time"

I worked at Hivewyre full-time

Pros

nice people
    games
    a cool dog
    salary is decent

Cons

extremely disorganized
    unclear objectives
    burned leads

I was asked to sign an agreement for a 50% quota increase four business days before the end of the month. I promptly left.

Advice to Management

If you want rid of people just say so.

Feb 27, 2017 – Marketing

Unfortunately, there was incorrect information being relayed to the five members of our sales staff regarding quota. This employee saw this wrong quota number and proceeded to leave the office... More

"Almost Nobody In Their Pictures Still Work There"

I worked at Hivewyre full-time

Pros

Pay is Good, Casual Attire & Games

Cons

Leads... Like trying to find diamonds in dog dukie
    Most people get fired in month one or two
    Management looks like a bunch of flamboyant dressing thumbs without a clue of what they're doing.

Advice to Management

Beyond help...

"Read Before You Take The Job..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

Other than the leadership, the employees here are the best part of working at Hivewyre. The office itself is very nice as well. The pay is also very good. There is a lot of autonomy to "run your business as you see fit." This means that nobody will come lurking over your shoulder as long as your hitting quota.

Cons

You get 3 months to prove yourself, even though the "enterprise" deals take at least 6 months to generally sign up. The chances of you making it past 3 months is extremely low. Even if you do hit your quotas, most clients cancel within 2-3 months because there isn't an effective way to track the success of the platform.

Reps. are encouraged to convince clients that we have their direct competitors' data even when the data pool is very weak. In fact, the company was indeed founded by telling these lies to clients. Besides that, the technology is light years behind most of their competition.

Don't take a job here unless you just need a filler job until you find a real one...

Advice to Management

Innovate and create realistic expectations for your company... You're not the next Google nor do I expect this venture will be as successful as Fetchback.

Sep 15, 2016 – Marketing

It’s good to know we don’t lurk over here at Hivewyre – big points for us!

As we’ve stated in an earlier reply back in May to a not-so-favorable review, that we make it a requirement that all... More

6. "Sky is the limit.."

Current Employee - Display Specialist
    Current Employee - Display Specialist

I have been working at Hivewyre full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hivewyre has endless possibilities in terms of pay and advancement, it's all in what you make of it. Fun environment with determined co-workers and management that all want success.

Cons

You must be self sufficient and not be afraid to ask for help.

"Best place I have ever worked.."

Pros

-Complete autonomy. Not a lot of companies offer this which is refreshing. Before you get too excited you need to be the right person to fit in this environment. For the right person with strong work ethic and discipline it’s great. For the wrong person, the freedom will ultimately crush you.
    -The product is unique and very few companies offer anything quite like it. I’ve never had anyone say they weren’t interested in our product. The biggest obstacles to sale are the attribution model and data share objection.
    -Transparency. I’ve worked for companies where I didn’t know what was going on behind closed doors. Here, you are always in the know. That is important.
    -The people. Great people. Great, great, smart, hard working, fun people.
    -More resources and leadership then we have ever had before. Most successful reps leverage it.
    -Reps are breaking through glass doors and setting new standards each quarter. The top performers are making exponentially more money than they did last year. A top rep now will make $150k+ after year 1 realistically.
    -Retention is key. If you can set expectations and have tough conversations up front, you will be set up for success.
    -You must have the 3 C’s. Conviction, Courage and Confidence to be successful here.
    -Flexible schedule. You determine the right work/life balance for you.
    -This is an excuse free environment. I like that. So do top performers.
    -You control your destiny and income based on your efforts and ability. I like that. So do top performers.

Cons

-Freedom is a tricky thing. It works for you or it doesn’t.
    -Brand recognition. Hivewyre is not a household name yet so have to fight extra hard to get in door.
    -Sales cycle can be short or long depending on who you go after. But when the good deals come in, it’s worth it. Knowing what a good account is paramount to success.
    -The ramp is aggressive. Not everyone can do it. But it’s doable for really good salespeople.
    -If you are looking for someone to train you for two months and have a ramp with no expectations for 4 months, this is not for you.
    -If you are afraid to pick up the phone, this is not for you.
    -If you are relying on your sales leader to do the job for you or tell you specifically how to do it, this is not for you.
    -Only A players thrive here. If you are not an A player, this is not for you.

Advice to Management

-Continue to hire good people. We have had some good salespeople who come through door and not make it in this model. Ask questions and drill down to make sure this is right for you.
    -Continue to build culture. Culture is getting better every day but still work to do.
    -Focus is important. When there is focus on the right accounts, right people and right initiatives, the impossible is possible and we are re-defining that every month here.
    -Keep breaking through glass ceilings. The people here, who work hard and perform are reaping the benefits.

"Great company looking to do great things"

I have been working at Hivewyre full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No micro-management. You control your workflow and schedule. Fair salary. Nice office, good location - smart and committed colleagues...freedom to grow. Positive culture.

This is one of the best jobs I've ever had and I've worked in many different types of companies and business sectors in my life.

Their is vision here and while there has been some growing pains in the last month or so, that is due to finding the right people who can truly take on the full life-cycle of an account.

If you want a place where you can grow, make good money and are willing to work hard, smart and continually look to learn then Hivewyre is the place for you.

Cons

This is not a con, but if you are not self-motivated and willing to do what it takes to get the job done, then it will not work out for you here...

Understand, you are not tethered to your desk nor is there a manager telling you have to stay and make another 100 calls before you leave for the day, but we are very committed to our goals here and one needs to be accountable.

Advice to Management

Keep being transparent with the business and we will continue to prosper.

"Similar to a Greek tragedy"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Hivewyre full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only pro I can think of is the office, which looks like anything in the tech space. Free coffee too. Product concept is innovative, but direct competitors are miles ahead in every facet of digital prospecting.

Cons

-On boarding process is absolutely offensive. You get 3 months to prove yourself, even though the "enterprise" deals take at least 6 mo to even start a conversation... The chances of you making it past 3 mo is equivalent to the company conversion rate.

-Selling a solution on a transactional basis; based on an extremely abstract concept of other "anonymous" competitors mutually sharing data. This negates the concept of ROAS if performance marketers can't do an apples to apples comparison.

-The accounts have been touched more times than a public door handle and the product does not work as advertised. Essentially digital marketing snake oil.

Advice to Management

-Segment sales teams by function, not by seniority
    -data mine your opportunity sales cycles. Most sales positions give their account executives 1 yr to hit quota

-As players like Salesforce and Oracle race to buy ad inventory, you're facing an uphill battle. The product needs a lot of work, so I wouldn't recommend expanding the sales force until some major organizational changes take place

-look in the mirror and ask yourself if the company is on a good path.

May 23, 2016

The rumors of our death have been greatly exaggerated.

We’re going to make it a requirement that all prospective employees read our negative reviews. Our recent ratings have merit and it’s... More

"Read before interviewing here"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Hivewyre full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Only one pro when it came to this job. They will pay you for one month since you basically start off on your final warning to produce. I did love making my own schedule though! Also loved the fact that they will pay you for the one month most people are there before they fire you.

Cons

Where do I start... This place is the worst.

I was brought in told they were looking to expand, possibly into a bigger office, and that there was room for growth. Within 1 week of being here and starting work, that clearly wasn't what was happening. People were being let go constantly and quitting like crazy because as the leadership says, "we want to hire rock stars". He feels people should be "not just hitting quota right out of the gate, but hitting next months quota". So he will give you one month to do so, or you're gone.

Now I understand that can sound challenging and like it shouldn't be insurmountable, but the numbers they want people to hit are outrageous and as any rep here will tell you, this job takes time to learn and it's a process. The sales cycle is about 6 weeks in total, so good luck hitting your numbers when you only have 4 to work with.

There was a disgruntled employee that was leaving, that on the way out the door shed some light on what was actually going on behind the curtain, via a company-wide email. It said a great many things, but the biggest of which was that the leadership had let slip that the company is actually looking to downsize to between 9-13 employees. The date this email came out, there were 25 sales reps with 7 more starting the following Monday. As of today, there are 11 sales reps. After the email came out, we had a company-wide meeting about the email where they basically called the former employee a complete liar, but everyone could read between the lines. And everything that employee had written about has thus far come to fruition.

If you ask past employees from either here or Fetchback, you'll come to find out that he has a history of downsizing and then selling, just to make a quick buck and that all you are to him is a dollar sign. If you don't believe me, look him up. Do your homework and talk to past employees. The leadership however, if you really want to know more about them, just talk to any of his past employers to find out how much of a mess he left them in before finding his next job. The amount of dislike people have for him is astounding.

The reason I'm writing this today, is because I just want to make sure that this company doesn't bait and switch anymore people who could possibly be turning down other opportunities just to go after the empty promises that are being dealt here.

I'm sure there are many more things that I could tell about this horrid place to work, but I'm going to leave it with this... If you want a place to go and get paid for one month while you're looking for other jobs, then this is your place, just don't plan on it being a career or anything substantial. Don't waste your time.

Advice to Management

Sell the company. Get rid of the leadership. He's useless. It was really big of you to bring on your friend promising him the same things you promised the staff, then to let him go after you'd left ABC in shambles.

Jun 22, 2016

This review failed to mention the company’s torture chamber.

We’ve done a couple of other responses regarding the transition the company has gone through. We feel it’s always important to provide... More