Hoag Memorial Hospital Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2020

4.0
Hoag Memorial Hospital President & CEO Robert Braithwaite (no image)
Robert Braithwaite
Pros
Cons
  • "Upper management doesn't take into consideration patient to nurse ratio(in 9 reviews)

• "Did not attain any experience with patient care as all I did was clean toys in the pediatrics department(in 6 reviews)

1. "Wonderful"

Current Employee - Front Office Assistant in Laguna Hills, CA

I have been working at Hoag Memorial Hospital full-time

Pros

Good place to work, health insurance and 401k

Cons

No cons I can think of.

July 29, 2020TA Specialist

Thank you for your feedback and review. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed our wide range of benefits in areas including health and 401K. As your career at Hoag evolves, our compensation and benefits packages are designed to evolve with you. We know that when Hoag provides the tools to support you and your loved ones' quality of life, you can take better care of our patients and the community. Thank you!

2. "No Good Deed Goes Unpunished"

Current Employee - Physical Therapist Assistant in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Hoag Memorial Hospital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Healthcare coverage plans available

Cons

Pay scale is far less than competitors

July 13, 2020TA Specialist

Thank you for your feedback and review. We pride ourselves in investing in our employees. We’re happy to hear that you enjoy our wide range of benefits in areas including health, family, finance, education, and vacation. We appreciate and value your amazing contribution for the many years of work at Hoag. Thank you!

3. "Hoag"

2.0
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse, BSN in Newport Beach, CA

I worked at Hoag Memorial Hospital full-time

Pros

Clean, employee parking, views, cafeteria, friendly coworkers

Cons

Management, status, mandatory overtime, new scheduling, floating

July 13, 2020TA Specialist

Thank you for your feedback and review. We’re sorry to hear about your experience. At Hoag, we aim to support our employees in all aspects of life, whether it be through our wide range of benefits, our sense of genuine care, or our responses to your personal needs.

4. "Great place to work for."

I have been working at Hoag Memorial Hospital full-time for less than a year

Pros

Always working as a team, great management, employees are kept in the loop of situations as much as possible.

Cons

None that I know of yet.

July 13, 2020TA Specialist

Thank you for your review. At Hoag, we consider ourselves family and it is wonderful to hear that it has offered you a collaborative environment to grow and develop. We appreciate and value your contribution and work at Hoag. Thank you!

"Great company to work for"

Former Employee - IT Support Engineer in Newport Beach, CA

I worked at Hoag Memorial Hospital full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Worked in Newport by the beach, friendly and profesional.

Cons

once in was in, the room for growth was minimal. i was brought in to work with a specific system, and that was it. Own your application and thats what you will do forever.

July 13, 2020TA Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. At Hoag, we have created career advancement opportunities and cross-training programs specifically designed to support the ongoing development of our employees. We're sorry to hear that you did not receive the growth opportunity you were seeking. We appreciate your honesty and the contributions you have made at Hoag.

"admin"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant

I worked at Hoag Memorial Hospital full-time

Pros

friendly environment, nice coworkers always willing to help

Cons

more compensation is needed for admin workers

July 14, 2020TA Specialist

Thank you for your feedback and review. It is wonderful to hear that Hoag has offered you a collaborative environment to grow and develop with fellow colleagues. At Hoag, we pride ourselves on investing in our employees. We focus on keeping our benefits and compensation packages competitive with other local healthcare organizations. Our team actively seeks new and improved ways to better care for our employees, so your feedback is valued!

7. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Admissions Representative

I have been working at Hoag Memorial Hospital part-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly coworkers, managers are approachable, everyone works together to help one another, no one minds when you ask them for questions

Cons

Department gets busy but this does make the day go by quickly

July 14, 2020TA Specialist

Thank you, we appreciate your feedback and review. At Hoag, we consider ourselves a family and it is wonderful to hear that it has offered you a collaborative environment to grow and develop. We strive to create an environment where our staff can succeed with their peers. Thank you!

8. "great"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse

I worked at Hoag Memorial Hospital part-time

Pros

friendly place to work at

Cons

busy most of the time

July 14, 2020TA Specialist

Thank you for your review. We love hearing that you found Hoag to be a friendly place to work. We appreciate and value your contribution to Hoag. Thank you!

9. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Fitness Aide

I have been working at Hoag Memorial Hospital part-time for less than a year

Pros

The people here really care about you and want to see you succeed, like one big family!

Cons

I believe the pay is a little lower compared to other hospitals

July 14, 2020TA Specialist

Thank you, we appreciate your feedback and review! At Hoag, we consider ourselves a family and it is wonderful to hear that it has provided you an environment to continue growing and succeeding. We focus on keeping our benefits and compensation packages competitive with other local healthcare organizations. Our team actively seeks new and improved ways to better care for our employees, so your feedback is valued. Thank you!

10. "Great hospital and staff"

Former Employee - Clinical Nurse in Newport Beach, CA

I worked at Hoag Memorial Hospital full-time

Pros

Great hospital, good team work, knowledgeable staff, great education, clarity of expectations, good resources

Cons

Stressful at times, fast paced environment

July 14, 2020TA Specialist

Thank you, we appreciate your feedback and review. We're thrilled to hear that Hoag has offered you a collaborative environment to grow and develop. At Hoag, we pride ourselves on the incredibly talented individuals who care for our community and patients. We strive to create an environment where our staff can succeed with their peers. We appreciate and value your feedback. Thank you!

Found 248 reviews