KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

The latest conversations about Finance

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Friendly people(in 3 reviews)
  • "Great benefits(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best Employer in 2020

Nov 1, 2021 - Investment Banking Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Because Hodge gave me the flexibility and freedom I needed during Covid19

Cons

There are no Cons here!

Internal Communication and Engagement Manager

Thank you for your feedback - it's really great to hear that our approach to flexible working was valuable to you, particularly given how challenging things were for everyone last year!

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great benefits

Jul 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, culture and co-workers

Cons

Much better than any place I've worked previously.

Internal Communication and Engagement Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave some feedback on your time at Hodge! It's great to hear that you enjoyed the benefits on offer. And we know that the great people we have here are one of our biggest strengths, so it's good to hear you enjoyed that as well!

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent benefits but the rest....

Jul 6, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very generous employee benefits to attract talent. Nice people.

Cons

Dubious decision making, if any at all. SLT very poorly skilled but ambitious, especially ones that shouldn't be in the SLT. Front line people are treated poorly as a result. Wouldn't work there again nor recommend! Be warned.

Internal Communication and Engagement Manager

Thanks for taking time to give us feedback on your time at Hodge. It's a shame to hear you did not feel your experience with us was a positive one. As you know, our business has gone through some significant challenges and leaders across the business always work to ensure our colleagues are supported. We continually seek to train and develop ourselves so that this is always in focus. If you have any further feedback that you would like to share, in order to help us continue to improve, please feel free to contact us at feedback@hodge.co.uk

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Jun 2, 2022 - Graduate Data Scientist in Cardiff, Wales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great community Lots of opportunities Friendly people

Cons

There are no cons here

Internal Communication and Engagement Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. It's really great to hear things are going well and you're enjoying life at Hodge!

5. 4.0

Good culture

May 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team ethos and clever working culture

Cons

Some managers are living in the dark ages and micromanage.

Internal Communication and Engagement Manager

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your time at Hodge. It's really great to hear that you enjoyed the culture and the way our teams collaborate and support one another. As we continue to develop our approach to hybrid working, we're finding more and more ways to ensure we're empowering our colleagues to be trusted experts!

6. 3.0

Mixed experience

May 29, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Friendly work atmosphere - Social committee with a number of benefits & initiatives across the year.

Cons

- Bad behaviour & bullying tolerated, goes unchallenged & written off as just how an individual communicates. - Junior members of staff left to work largely unsupported with responsibilities beyond their capabilities which results in poor customer experience & low job satisfaction - Learning & development just a phrase not actively encouraged or tailored to specific roles - Excessive team meetings but no substantial support given to help work be completed

Internal Communication and Engagement Manager

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your time at Hodge. As you know, we have a zero tolerance approach when it comes to any sort of bullying, and our 'Speak Up, Speak Out' guide highlights the series of channels that are available to colleagues should they need any sort of support around this. If there is anything specific you would like to speak to us about on this, please feel free to contact us via Comms@Hodge.co.uk

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

A great place to work all around

Mar 18, 2022 - IT Service Improvement Lead in Cardiff, Wales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing culture Great development opportunities Rewarding work Great benefits Fantastic work/life balance

Cons

Existing employee's salary isn't reviewed often enough, making it uncompetitive with similar businesses, leading to turnover.

Internal Communication and Engagement Manager

Thanks so much for taking the time to tell us about your experiences with Hodge. We're so glad your enjoying our culture and the work here!

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Hodge Administrative Job

Feb 28, 2022 - Administrative Assistant in Cardiff, Wales
    Business Outlook

Pros

- great office (Cardiff) with good transport links - great group of people who work there, very friendly, social and inclusive

Cons

- tasks can be mundane and repetitive - managers can be over controlling - many of the tasks will be replaced by automated computers in years to come

Internal Communication and Engagement Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback for us! It's really pleasing to here that you enjoyed the culture here at Hodge during your time with us. Our colleagues will always be immensely important to us at Hodge. While our continued tech evolution will help us to evolve our process maturity, colleagues will always add the most value to our business, using their expertise to be there for our customers, colleagues and communities in the moments that matter!

9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good atmosphere

Feb 22, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good atmosphere and feel to the company

Cons

Can be old fashioned with processes

Internal Communication and Engagement Manager

Thanks for your feedback - it's great to hear you had a positive experience at Hodge. We are proud of the culture here, and our colleagues play a huge part in making that what it is! Continuous improvement is really important to us, particularly around the processes and systems that support our business, so we are always looking to update and improve these.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Excellent Culture with great people

Feb 7, 2022 - Compliance Manager in Cardiff, Wales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong desire to provide the right outcomes and good for the customer, business and colleagues

Cons

Still maturing in its experience and process development

Internal Communication and Engagement Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your review! We're so glad to hear that you're having a great experience with our people-focussed culture! Continuous improvement is central to so much of what we are doing right now, particularly as we strive to provide positive solutions for our customers, colleagues and communities in the moments that matter. We are lucky that - as you highlighted - we have so many great people who are helping us achieve this!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 Reviews
</>Embed

Hodge Reviews FAQs

Hodge has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 33 reviews left anonymously by employees. 63% of employees would recommend working at Hodge to a friend and 66% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Hodge employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Hodge. This rating has improved by 12% over the last 12 months.

63% of Hodge employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Hodge 4.1 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Hodge to be benefits, career development, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, management, diversity and inclusion.

Popular Careers with Hodge Job Seekers