Hodges-Mace Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Greg Hodges and Peter Mace

"Healthy work environment!"

Pros

This company definitely has great work-life balance.

Cons

There should be more opportunities for the different teams to get to know each other.

"Awesome Company"

Pros

Great company morale, perks, and amazing company events. They value their employees continuously throughout the year

Cons

Sometimes difficult to receive help when resolving issues with clients

"Good Company Culture"

I have been working at Hodges-Mace full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- Decent Benefits
    - Free 20 minute chair massage on paydays!
    - Upper management that doesn't mind mingling with the grunts
    - Annual performance-based bonus and raise
    - Casual and friendly office environment

Cons

Can be difficult to progress upwards depending on where you start. Some positions have a better, or more clear, path than others.

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Hodges-Mace full-time

Pros

I’ve worked at Hodges-Mace for five months, and although my time here is considered rather short, I can honestly say that I’ve enjoyed being part of the Hodges-Mace team every day. The work culture/atmosphere is great on so many different levels. You are surrounded by friendly smiles and genuinely nice, caring people who are willing to lend a helping hand even if their own plate is full. I feel supported on every level: from my teammates and supervisor, to employees in a completely different team/floor, and even from the executive level. It is apparent that the H-M leadership cares for their employees. I could go on and on about the great perks we have like the two paid days off to volunteer in our community, bi-weekly visits from massage therapists for 20-minute chair massages, the occasional visit from a food truck, monthly social events (inside and outside the office), popcorn Fridays, etc., but for me the things that matters most are the little things. For example, the fact that the CEOs both took the time to learn and address me by my first name means a lot. It built a respectful and personable rapport that sometimes isn’t available with most company “higher ups”. Hodges-Mace has seen growth in the past months and it is by no means slowing; it has been so exciting to witness and be part of. I have been encouraged to branch out and learn more about other departments and the company as a whole, which shows me they are investing in my future with the company. Every day I leave work knowing that my work matters and I am appreciated.

Cons

I feel very fortunate in in my struggles to fill out this portion of the review! Says a lot!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

"If you like to work hard and have fun -- this is the place to be"

I have been working at Hodges-Mace full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-There is a sense of appreciation for work / life balance
    -Supportive teams and partnerships across departments
    -Leadership is the best in the business - great vision and execution
    -Workplace drama is not condoned or tolerated, ideas and opinions are respected
    -Social events galore - food trucks, corn hole tournaments, happy hours, charity events
    -2 paid volunteer days a year for each employee
    -Huge focus on culture and creating an awesome experience for clients and partners at every turn
    -Work is challenging and rewarding - when I have rarely gotten bored, I have been given the autonomy to take on special assignments that are out of the scope of my role but pertinent to the business
    -Strong benefits package and perks ... free in-house chair massages are the BEST

Cons

Rapid growth has created a need for expansion - so the workplace is often under construction. (But that means we're getting better facilities, so is that really even a con?)

Advice to Management

Please continue to emphasize the work/life balance and flexibility that are so important to our Millennial workers. Hodges-Mace is an awesome, FUN, rewarding place to work and I know we will continue to foster an amazing culture as we grow together.

"Very Happy Here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

There is a ton of pride within the H-M culture. Folks work hard and want to do the right thing for their customers. Management is smart, yet humble and values the work that gets done. This is a roll up your sleeves culture where everyone pitches in to help. The onboarding process was excellent. I feel like the company is invested in me.

Cons

I really can't think of anything at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. This is a great place to work!

"Excellent Company Culture within a Challenging Environment"

Current Employee - Sales & Marketing Technologist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales & Marketing Technologist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Hodges-Mace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I get to work alongside coworkers who share a strong work ethic - and who CARE about the work we do. Everyone pitches in and pulls their weight, yet you can feel comfortable asking for help when needed. The company holds high expectations and gives you the autonomy to get the tasks accomplished. It's a positive work environment with lots of friendships, social activities, and laughter. It's a company with a fantastic culture, valuing a healthy work / life balance. There is a growth plan in place for high-performers where you will be rewarded for your hard work. We have an exceptional Executive / Leadership team filled with folks who guide us, motivate us, and help us to grow both professionally and personally. Not only is it a growing company with a great reputation out in the market, but it is also a place where everyone wants to succeed. I am honored to be a part of it!

Cons

Quite honestly, I don't have any cons about working at Hodges-Mace...I feel very lucky to have only experienced positive things in my two years of working here thus far.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! You make coming to work FUN - so thank you!!

9. "Hard-working Team Members"

I have been working at Hodges-Mace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is really nice coming into work each day knowing that you have a great supporting team of people. I rarely - if ever - feel like I am carrying a heavy load of work on my own.

Cons

In a few facets of the company, it is difficult to be promoted or progress.

Advice to Management

Continue acts of employee appreciation.

"They sold out"

I have been working at Hodges-Mace full-time

Pros

Interesting work, with a diverse set of clients. Some very good co-workers. Continued growth and few lay offs (so far).

Cons

No work/life balance. Expectation of 60-80 hr work weeks for 4 to 5 months of the year. No mentoring and limited opportunities for advancement. Team based in-fighting and politics. High growth in low margin businesses means long hours and tiny raises at best.

Advice to Management

Relying on staff to bail you out when you oversell services by working 80 hrs a week (at a minimum), drives the best people away when you do it year after year. Lack of any real employee stock ownership means there is zero sense of "ownership" and the people who remain are only in it for the paycheck.

Take a look at your list of former employees - how many great people walk out? How many more are you willing to lose before you wake up? Or, is this just a pump and dump operation now that VC's have bought in?

"Accounts"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

I worked at Hodges-Mace full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I liked my colleagues and learned a lot about customer service.

Cons

Lack of appreciation, no understanding of what their employees actually do, difficult to get any type of promotion. Low pay.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your employees and appreciate the work they do for you.