Hodges-Mace Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Greg Hodges and Peter Mace

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Upward Opportunity"

I have been working at Hodges-Mace full-time

Pros

Hodges-Mace is a growing organization with career growth opportunity.
    *Opportunity for advancement based upon performance
    *Great Culture
    *Passion for employees and clients

Having been at my previous employer for over a decade, i thought that making the transition would be a challenge to a new organization. That was not the case when starting with Hodges-Mace over 5 years ago. Everyone was welcoming and provided guidance to get me started in my new career. While it is expected to work hard, we are also encouraged to stay involved in our communities which helps drive some work life balance and gives us perspective.

The executive in the organization are approachable and have a clear vision for where Hodges-Mace is going in the future. This has always been a part of the culture.

Key Benefits:
    *affordable healthcare
    *Massages
    *company wide social events

Cons

Like most things in Atlanta the commute is my least favorite thing.

Advice to Management

Keep the vision of where Hodges-Mace is headed clear to the employees

2. "Leadership arrogance"

I worked at Hodges-Mace full-time

Pros

My co-workers were nice but also felt under appreciated.

Cons

Leadership is shooting in the dark. CEOs effectively sold out and changed the vibe of the company. They only hire people that look a certain way and fit a particular mold. Not a company for advancement.

3. "A great company - one of the best I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - User Experience Programmer in Conyers, GA
    Current Employee - User Experience Programmer in Conyers, GA

I have been working at Hodges-Mace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a lot of room for growth, management is approachable, compensation is generous, the people I work with are all top level and professional, and there is a genuinely high morale here.

This is a great company.

Cons

The only con I have is when I have to go to the home office because of traffic.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

4. "Great company headed upward"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Hodges-Mace full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Wonderful community oriented education focused company. Cares for the individuals of each team. Upper management makes it known that their success thrives on employee success. It is refreshing to work for a company that likes new ideas and tries to make everyone's thoughts heard.

Cons

Internal communication has been a problem, but since it came out in last year's reviews it has gotten so much better

Advice to Management

The employee perks are wonderful. I suggest maybe taking polls to see what is most important to the employees (fitness, weight loss, discount programs, etc.)

5. "Great place to work!"

I have been working at Hodges-Mace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is a strong sense teamwork, and the people are very friendly and willing to help. I love that I am encouraged to be myself and share my ideas. I feel that they have given me all the tools I needed to be successful in my role and support to achieve my career goals. Hodges-Mace truly cares about their employees and they continue to add programs which allows employees improve things such as their wellness and financial health.

Cons

Although my team was very helpful in teaching me how do the responsibilities of my position, there was not a formal training process for my role when I joined Hodges-Mace. Currently they are actively working to create a formal training procedure which includes detailed training materials. As the company continues to grow, more formalized procedures are being put into place in many aspects of business.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to your employees suggestions regarding ways to improve as we continue to grow.

6. "Hodges-Mace continuously gives back to employees"

Current Employee - Sales Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Hodges-Mace full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked for Hodges-Mace from April of 2012 to May of 2015 and recently had the opportunity to return. My commute was the focus of my decision to pursue another career path. I quickly realized that, while the drive from my house to my work was lowered I didn’t have the same connection with my company that came organically with Hodges-Mace. I missed benefits and I missed being a part of a business where I was heard and invested in as an individual. I hope that the information in this review will convey the reason I couldn’t stay away from Hodges-Mace.

Hodges-Mace prides itself on individual and companywide branding. In order to achieve this positive branding, Hodges-Mace promotes numerous employee incentives year round. Personally, I believe that this builds a positive attitude and character for each of us to be proud of the products and services we can provide to our clients. It also gives everyone a chance to meet and interact with people and departments we wouldn’t normally see on a day to day basis. It is refreshing to see a company that encourages their employees to be part of their community (Summer of Service program), cares about our commutes (Work from Home opportunities) and promotes healthy alternatives to the employees (just to name a few: fresh fruit served to all employees on Wednesdays, fun health challenges for prizes, flavored water served in the breakrooms, etc.) They have clearly worked diligently on the integrity of their brand by ensuring each employee has the tools to become the best version of themselves. Throughout my years with Hodges-Mace, I worked with several different departments and wanted to note that the true difference between this company and others that I have seen appears to be the management team. Without micromanaging, they are able to keep the lines of communication open with employees (this includes our Executive Management Team in particular) remove roadblocks and be transparent with us. It is rare to find an establishment of this size with a true open door policy.

Cons

Hodges-Mace grew very quickly three years ago. In keeping the client experience first there were a few pain points internally, but I don’t believe any company is without those.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to continue taking the time to check in with employees. Our clients will always benefit from internal employee’s feedback about trends and upper management’s experience.

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Hodges-Mace full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Growing company, awesome culture, non-standard benefits, great co-workers, supportive leadership.

Cons

With growth comes constant change and the abilities to adapt and pivot are a must for any employee of the company. People who are unable adjust accordingly or who fail to acknowledge the value of positive change will struggle to be successful – as evidenced by some reviews of disgruntled employees (hey, every company has them!).

Advice to Management

Ongoing training and a formal assessment process for prospective candidates will help to ensure we are continually hiring the right people for key positions.

I do not normally leave messages in such formats, but honestly felt compelled to speak up following the malicious and disingenuous comments left by others. This is a great company to work for and I have been here for going on a decade. It is not possible to remain with an employer for that kind of time if they are as horrible as some have attempted to paint here on Glassdoor.

For management and any others who may be reading this, do not allow those who clearly have a personal agenda impact your decision-making process. We are on the right path as we continue to grow and I could not be more excited to be a part of the changes on deck for the upcoming months/years. There will always be hiccups and opportunities to improve but this is true of any company. But the ability to provide industry-leading services and technologies while maintaining an incredible working environment - this is uniquely Hodges-Mace.

8. "Enrollment Specialist"

I worked at Hodges-Mace (Less than a year)

Pros

Good corporate culture, casual dress code, many activities

Cons

Hours changing with little to no notice during peak season, working through lunch with no prior notice, over time with no prior notice

"Happy to be at Hodges-Mace!"

I have been working at Hodges-Mace full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are really a lot of pros about working for Hodges-Mace. The atmosphere and people are very welcoming. The growth track for internal development and promotion in the Client Services department has been revamped to become more clearly defined, and is a HUGE positive for people making a career at Hodges-Mace. The work from home days are a great incentive to staying at Hodges-Mace since the number of days you get from home increases as you meet the one year and two year milestones, and it also promotes a work/life balance. The benefits package offered is great and quite affordable, comparatively speaking.

Cons

As in any job, there are downsides. Stress levels can be high in this fast-paced industry, but the pros far outweigh the cons.

"Excellent Employer"

I have been working at Hodges-Mace full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees are valued, internal mobility is encouraged, and company culture makes it a place you want to be! The company is growing, is developing cutting-edge technology, and continues evolving to keep pace with the ever-changing employee benefits industry.

Cons

I sincerely cannot think of anything I would identify as a "con" about working at H-M. The company is growing and we continue to work on communication between departments and particularly between our offices, but emphasis has been placed on continuing to improve in that regard.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing; continue promoting our values and keeping the H-M culture alive!