Hogan Transportation Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Brian and David Hogan

Pros
  • Home daily, weekly pay, and new equipment (in 3 reviews)

• Home time bad equipment bad dms (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Pay is low at first but hanging in there and it is slowly getting better (in 3 reviews)

• The office I worked in had 6 people crammed into one room and 1-2 other people in a smaller room attached, so it was kind of annoying sometimes (in 2 reviews)

"A concerned friend..."

Current Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - OTR Truck Driver in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Hogan Transportation Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management seems to listen to you.

Cons

First of all, it seemed that the recruiter and the management are not on the same page regarding the pay rate.
    They give short/city runs to OTR drivers, more time waiting, traffic and it means less pay for the day. The dispatcher will give you LESS number of miles on every load when the actual driving miles is more! That's a RIP OOF! Their Qualcomm keeps screwing up to the point that you miss an exit!

Advice to Management

Please advice your Dispatcher to report the actual/real MILEAGE the drivers are taking on the actual road/route driving on every assigned load. This alone makes your drivers disappointed! Also, update your Qualcomm! Another suggestion, that you can use the TRUCKER PATH app to at least be in one page with the driver on the real road route. Thanks.

Apr 21, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback and review. We'll share your thoughts with our management team. We're always looking at ways we can make improvements.

"Get up to the year 2017!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Hogan Transportation Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Presidents seem to care about employees to an extent. But, don't really care that their pay packages and work-life balance are behind the times.

Cons

Pay is low, benefits are expensive and poor coverage. Vacation plan is way outdated. 1 week after a full year. Where does that exist anymore?
    No work time flexibility. This is outdated too. If you don't trust your employees to do the right thing then you have the wrong employees.....or the wrong managers.

Advice to Management

Do some research and keep up with market on pay/benefit packages. You will continue to lose great people to other companies!! Being happy with the people you work with only goes so far. Life and being able to pay your bills is why people work in the first place. Not just so they can go hang out with good people.

"Local Driver"

Current Employee - Local Truck Driver in Austinburg, OH
    Current Employee - Local Truck Driver in Austinburg, OH

I have been working at Hogan Transportation Companies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

be at home every day

Cons

pay is low, and there is no work/life balance, either 10 hours off and back to work (because that's whats legal) every day until you run out of hours for the week or ... starving for work

Advice to Management

new owners so no advice at this time

5. "Rushed"

Former Employee - OTR Driver in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - OTR Driver in Columbus, OH

I worked at Hogan Transportation Companies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

pay reputable stable nice fair

Cons

insurance not cheap home time

Advice to Management

none

Apr 21, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback and review. We're always looking at ways we can make improvements.

6. "Driver i always"

Former Employee - Driver in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Driver in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Hogan Transportation Companies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I always had loads to keep me moving. I was always allowed to go home when i requested time off.there are

Cons

There aren't many negative things i can think of other than during the holidays you have to sit and wait for the freight. Keep doing

Advice to Management

Keep doing a good job. Always listen to the drivers so that necessary changes can be made to keep the trucks rolling down the highway

Feb 8, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Hogan. We’re delighted to see that you are pleased with Hogan as a company. We appreciate your suggestions as we are always looking at ways ... More

7. "Wake up looking forward to go to work"

Current Employee - Logistics Coordinator in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Logistics Coordinator in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Fun work atmosphere, I like the fast paced environment and overal like management.

Cons

Everything seems to be a lateral move within the company.

Advice to Management

Show us ways to be able to work up within the company.

Feb 8, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Hogan. We’re delighted to see that you gave Hogan 4 stars and that you are pleased with Hogan as a company. We appreciate your suggestions ... More

"EXTREMELY DISORGANIZED"

Current Employee - Dollar General Account Driver in Fulton, MO
    Current Employee - Dollar General Account Driver in Fulton, MO

Pros

They got me into their orientation quickly with promising income levels, really seemed to care about the drivers!

Cons

I have been with Hogan for 2 weeks now and because of one thing or another I have been sent home for the weekend twice without getting my own truck! The first time was cause of the holidays and "we don't train on the dollar general account on Thursdays or Fridays" second time cause freight was slow and someone else's truck broke down so they gave him my truck and sent me home!

Advice to Management

Be upfront with these issues to the driver, and don't screw one driver to help another

Feb 8, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

We appreciate your feedback and review. We do take pride in our company and want to make sure employees are satisfied with working at Hogan.

9. "Delivery driver"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Saint Paris, OH
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Saint Paris, OH

I worked at Hogan Transportation Companies (Less than a year)

Pros

They trucks were already loaded when you got to work

Cons

Having to work 3rd shift delivering to some creapy places by yourself

Feb 8, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We’re disappointed to hear you had a bad experience as a driver with Hogan. We will share your complaint with our management team. We're always ... More

"Driver"

Former Employee - Truck Driver in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Truck Driver in Columbus, OH

I worked at Hogan Transportation Companies full-time

Pros

Freight is good but pay scale for running freight is horrible and being out on road the costs outweigh the pay...shower 12.00, sandwich 8.00, coffee 2.00...

Cons

Young minded fleet, operations crew...you will struggle to get money in your pocket...Minorities!

Advice to Management

Six Sigma Principles Overhaul

Feb 8, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about Hogan. We will share your complaints with our management team. We're always looking at ways we can make improvements.

"Honest, non biased review"

Current Employee - Dollar General Driver in Fulton, MO
    Current Employee - Dollar General Driver in Fulton, MO

Pros

Salary, hometime, well-maintained truck, easy access to maintenance

Cons

Waiting, laborious, a lot of the Dollar General trailers are horrible, the retainers have broken Wheels

Advice to Management

Recruiters need to ride with a Dollar General driver so that they know what really goes on in the field or they need to stop blatantly lying I'd like to think they're just misinformed.

That being said, other than the fact that I was either lied to or the recruiter was misinformed everything is as the recruiter said. I got a 2013 Freightliner it's a very nice truck. Well maintained. I needed some fluids in a new cigarette lighter today and I was in and out of the shop within 15 minutes, no questions asked. Hometime is regular and on the weekends either Saturday Sunday or Sunday Monday. The pay is as described. My only problem is that the recruiter is that are totally misinformed or totally lied to me about the job duties. Dollar General is a very laborious account. You will unload the truck, sweat, and exhaust yourself everyday that you unload the truck.

Before coming on board I read some Glassdoor reviews about Hogan. Quite frankly, I was worried because of all of the negativity. I experienced none of that negativity. Most people only post reviews that are bad because, quite frankly, who post reviews when they're happy? Anyway I hope my review is helpful.

Sep 14, 2016 – Marketing

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will share your complaints with our management team. Thank you for your honest feedback. We hope you will enjoy your career as a driver with Hogan.