Hogan Transportation Companies Reviews | Glassdoor

Hogan Transportation Companies Reviews

Found 91 reviews

Brian and David Hogan
Pros
  • "Family owned, they take care of their people(in 7 reviews)

• "Get paid for bumping docks and any thing after an hour you get paid for every 15 minute increments fairly new equipment like being home daily(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Pay is low at first but hanging in there and it is slowly getting better(in 5 reviews)

• "And if you tell your dispatcher something u better record the conversation becouse if not they will lie and say it never happened like two there now(in 5 reviews)

1. ""Great" Family Owned Company with good core values!"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Hogan Transportation Companies full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

It been a 15 plus year Journey thus far and I don't regret my decision one bit. This company does a great recognizing good people and promotes within. Its a fast growing company and only getting better.

Cons

Cant think of none.

Advice to Management

Stay true to the family core values as the company continues to grow!

Hogan Transportation Companies2019-05-16

"Hogan is the place to work if you are looking for a "Home." Any place can be a job."

Current Employee - Service Manager in Newcomerstown, OH

Pros

I have worked for Hogan Truck Leasing for over 15 years because it is a great company. Last year Hogan celebrated 100 years in business and I'm sure that they won't stop there. It is a family owned business and the Hogans are wonderful people. There is opportunity to grow in Hogan if you are interested in it. I have seen many fellow workers grow into new positions including myself. They have a nice benefit package...

Cons

Wish we had a little more vacation time. Must deal with negative drivers that affect the Hogan name. If they are upset and speak badly about Hogan, that reflects on the maintenance teams, sales teams and Hogan family.

Advice to Management

Maybe send anonymous surveys to employees to see if they will share their thoughts and concerns. You can't fix problems if you don't know about them. We tell drivers this all the time about the equipment - let us know what needs fixed.

Hogan Transportation Companies2019-05-13
  3. "Great Family Owned Business"

Current Employee - Regional Manager

I have been working at Hogan Transportation Companies full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

I worked for the competition for over 20 + years and what a breathe of fresh air coming to Hogan! Not micro-managed and they listen to your ideas for improvement.

Cons

Cant really think of a negative .

Hogan Transportation Companies2019-05-14
  4. "Great Company"

Pros

Hogan is a great company who recognizes hard work and commitment. There is plenty of room to grow as they create opportunity in new markets. With more than 10 plus years with them I have had the opportunity to see the commitment Hogan has to their employees. Senior management has the pulse of the business and does a great job communicating this down stream. They work daily to improve and are always looking to add new...

Cons

No cons to list at this time.

Advice to Management

The growth is great, I am very excited to see where we go next.

5. "Great to work for."

Current Employee - Service Manager in Yorktown, IN

I have been working at Hogan Transportation Companies full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Family owned, they take care of their people. Not a company that micro manages its people. Pay is good and vacation time is given the first year your with them.

Cons

Information flow from the top to the bottom sometimes doesn't make it. True with most company's not just this one.

Hogan Transportation Companies2019-05-13
  6. "Great Family Owned Company"

Current Employee - Service Manager in Zanesville, OH

Pros

Great Company to work for Salary is good and the yearly pay increases are fair based on you work performance. It's also very nice that if I need to talk to the owner of the company it is just a phone call or email and they will respond in a timely manor. The work atmosphere is good and the company is making good changes as we grow. The company is always wanting input from their employees on how to make our company's day...

Cons

Medical benefits could be better. Employees could use some better programs like a tool buying program, better safety bonus.

Advice to Management

As the company grows bigger look into the best ways to keep our employees here with added bonuses and other programs to help buy tool, ect.

Hogan Transportation Companies2019-05-13
  7. "Very good place to work."

Current Employee - Service Manager in Saint Johns, MI

Pros

Hogan is a family own company. And is not micro managed, Good pay and insurance. And very clean maintenance shop.

Cons

Company has some commutation problems at times.

"Fantastic company."

Current Employee - Branch Rental Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Hogan Transportation Companies full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Great pay, flexible schedule.

Cons

Does not offer maternity leave.

Advice to Management

Offer maternity leave.

Hogan Transportation Companies2019-05-08
  9. "Great Company To Grow With"

I have been working at Hogan Transportation Companies full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

Open Door Policy, Lots of long term employees, offers OEM training, works to improve daily

Cons

No, not at this time.

Advice to Management

Be proactive with the staffing,

Hogan Transportation Companies2019-05-12
  10. "Good management"

Current Employee - Fleet Manager

Pros

Flexibility, Leadership, Promotions, and ability to grow

Cons

Long hours, none really to mention

Hogan Transportation Companies2019-04-16