KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Hogue and Associates Reviews

Updated Jun 16, 2016

Found 5 of over 5 reviews

3.8

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Organization!

Jun 16, 2016 -  in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I'm very impressed with the talent at this organization. Everyone is smart, professional and truly cares about their work. The team atmosphere is refreshing-people want to solve problems among themselves instead of going straight to management. Customer service and integrity are the utmost importance at this company. I highly recommend Hogue as a place of employment as well as a place to consider when looking for Knoll furniture.

Cons

None that I can think of.

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 4.0

Worth Considering

Mar 14, 2014 - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Its a place where you can gain a solid foundation of project and account management for the contract furniture industry. Easy to come in with no industry experience because they provide good training. Clock checkers need not apply, this is a career building place, not a job with easy hours.

Cons

After a while you will cap out on earnings, starts out pretty good then levels off and professional growth opportunity, and there is a level of micromanagement that, after some experience under your belt, can become suffocating. Its privately held so this is owner's prerogative, but does drive people nuts. Most people stay for about 3 years tops then move on. But, if you can put in the time you will be very marketable to another industry employer. Prob not friendly to those who have families.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great environment. Lots of responsibility.

Sep 26, 2014 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work in teams to manage all aspects of large commercial furniture projects. Great place to learn about the industry and gain professional experience. I value the experience I gleaned from Hogue and was sad to leave when I moved away from the area. I learned a lot at Hogue and appreciate the care they give their employees. They care and want you to succeed. Anyone who doesn't understand that didn't take the time to become part of the Hogue team.

Cons

It's a challenging job. A lot of on-the-job troubleshooting. At times long hours and competitive bids. With that being said, I wouldn't trade my experience for anything. With regard to the second review above, I never encountered "overly, and sometimes disgustingly controlling" ownership. It doesn't sound like they truly understood the job, nor did they appreciate the professional atmosphere of the industry.

2 people found this review helpful
  4. 1.0

Control Freak Owners, Culty and Shady HR Practices

Dec 17, 2012 - Project Coordinator in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you're desperate for a job out of college, an attractive white female, and love to drink the kool-aid, you may have good luck. Decent training on how to do the job they want you to do, but it's in the effort to make sure you follow their "rules" EXACTLY. Entry level pay was ok.

Cons

Ownership is overly, and sometimes disgustingly, controlling. Creativity and free-thinking squashed and discouraged. Seemingly they only hire young, good looking women who are easily molded to their way (and it's their way or the highway). Diversity is terrible, both in employees and in flexibility to do the job. The work is boring (tracking shipments all day? no thanks). The best part is dealing with the clients (even the difficult ones), since getting out of the office for any reason is far better than being in it under such oppressive management. Terribly strict dress code considering the industry, and internally "regulated" in uncomfortable ways. Several times I wondered if what they were doing/saying to employees was ethical.

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Fast Paced environment. Learned a lot about architecture and design

Sep 4, 2012 - Project Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company. Good management. Interesting clients

Cons

Lots of overtime. Not too family friendly.

Be the first to find this review helpful