Holland Partner Group Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Clyde Holland

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management is amateur at best, with the exception of the President and CEO (in 7 reviews)

• High turnover of employees from project to project (in 3 reviews)

1. "Assistant property manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Tumwater, WA
    Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Tumwater, WA

I worked at Holland Partner Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Assistant property managerstrong company very direct

Cons

strong company very directhello flexibility for families.

Advice to Management

Put everything in writing. Say what you mean and mean what you say.

2. "Excellent experience!"

Former Employee - Maintenance Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Maintenance Manager in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Holland Partner Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong ethics, supportive leadership, competitive bonuses, profit sharing. When they say that they invest in their employees they mean it!

Cons

The biggest challenge was all of the turn over in corporate over the last year and a half, it was difficult to see so many strong leaders leave in such a short period of time.

Advice to Management

Pick up some more properties in Arizona!
    Ours was sold in August and unfortunately there was no where within Holland for our strong, experienced team to go. I would come back to work for this company in a heartbeat!

"Corporate reviewer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Holland Partner Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Holland offers opportunity for growth.

Cons

Culture/expectations is not consistent among different departments. Lots of talk about the great culture that is offered, but the accuracy of this claim depends on what department you work in or who your manager is.

Oct 31, 2016 – VP, HR & Training

Thank you for taking a moment to share feedback regarding your experience at Holland. We are glad to hear that you feel our organization provides opportunity for growth, we strive to promote ... More

"Major Disconnect"

Current Employee - Leasing Agent in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Leasing Agent in Portland, OR

I have been working at Holland Partner Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

PTO, profit sharing, and decent wages.

Cons

Major disconnect between onsite and corporate. One just pretends the other doesn't exist. And let's be clear, HR won't protect you as an employee, I know from experience.

If you see something wrong and speak up, expect for that to backfire on you. If your manager is treating you wrong, don't raise your hand. The way to get ahead with Holland is to play their game. If you don't you'll be fired or forced to quit.

Clyde, the company is becoming so large it's becoming that company we all have been told is so bad. We are now just a number, and are reminded of this daily by the lack of support, training, and ethical treatment of another human

The higher people are in the company, the less they actually do. It's truly amazing what they get away with. And some of your "lifers" are probably the biggest leaches.

The trainer's are a complete joke too. They sashay around, like they rule the planet. Yet don't even know what they are talking about. Can we stop having meeting to discuss meetings too? Let's get trainers to actually train, and lead by example. They should be the best of the best, and should be available when you need them.

Someone else commented, but I agree. It's not what you know that will get you ahead. It's who. Play the game, be buddy buddy with your manager, and work on being slimy. That'll get you far!

Advice to Management

Look where we have come over the last few years. Look at what we have achieved. And look how we have become just like that other company, something everyone vowed never would happen.

Happy people do not leave for new jobs. Regional Managers, VPs, HR, Property Managers, Marketing Managers, CFO.. these are just some people who have left over the last year or so. Happy employees do not leave, the common denominator is the company. And how its been treating it's employees.

I'd suggest a clean up. Start with the fairly newly hired over the last year or two, and work your way through from there. Make Holland the stand up company it once was, and slowly remove it's tarnished name. And staffing, some properties are closed on the weekends, no staff to work. How is that a great example to our owners?

Aug 24, 2016 – VP, HR & Training

Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback and thoughts regarding your experience working for Holland. I'm very sorry to hear that this has not been a positive experience for you. It's ... More

"Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO

I worked at Holland Partner Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you bust your butt and form YOUR own way of connecting with clients, the commissions are GREAT!

The residents...

Cons

1. Lacks diversity.
    2. Popularity contest to get promoted even if you show you know your job and constantly apply for promotion. If you don't fit "the mold" you will NOT be promoted!
    3. No support from management.
    4. Constant backbiting from co-workers and managers. If you have personal issues with your co-workers/manager and you tell a higher authority that you feel you are being bullied, be prepared for that person to tell you that YOU are the problem and be prepared to look for another job because you will be coerced into quitting or you will be fired for a petty reason... Because you're not the "favorite".
    5. No work/life balance unless you are one of "the favorites".
    6. No praise for doing well but you WILL be criticized if you make mistakes.
    7. Lack of formal training. If you want a job that throws you to the wolves but expects you to be successful, this is the place for you!
    8. VERY high turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Work on diversity and inclusion of all races, sexual orientations and gender.

Property managers should be trained in conflict resolution.

Training needs improvement to make sure everyone is successful.

Aug 3, 2016 – VP, HR & Training

We appreciate you taking some time to share your experience working with Holland. Many of the qualities that you outlined as cons are qualities that we do not tolerate within our company. If you ... More

7. "Fantastic place to work!"

Current Employee - Property Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Property Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at Holland Partner Group full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing people to work with.

Cons

Can't think of any cons!

Aug 3, 2016 – VP, HR & Training

We couldn't agree more that we have some really amazing employees here at Holland. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

"A company with the right vision"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Holland Partner Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In a short few months, I will be with Holland for 3 years. There has been some ups and downs but the downs came from a need for the company to take a step back and re-evaluate the direction that will be most beneficial for our investment partners and especially the employees. I am immensely impressed with the leaps and bounds seen in the Colorado region specifically in regards to employee retention and satisfaction as well as overall portfolio success. Every company will go through changes to make itself better and it is the responsibility of the individual to decide if they can be a part of the new vision. I am glad I stayed around to see the benefits of the change as I am even more excited to show up to work every day and interact with my teams and experience the immense support from our corporate team.

Cons

Benefits are high however they are high everywhere. I am confident for many reasons that our CEO is doing all the best to keep those down.

Jun 1, 2016 – VP, HR & Training

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review! We couldn’t agree with you more about the need to continually improve, and have made quite a few changes recently in our pursuit of excellence. We ... More

"Cool Company, Bad Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I worked at Holland Partner Group full-time

Pros

The pros of working for Holland are 1. Being involved in an organization that is making beautiful communities focused on walkability, public transit and other amenities. 2. Your coworkers!

Cons

1. Complaints aren't taken seriously by HR. When asking HR for help solving a problem or issue with your manager be prepared for absolutely nothing to happen. I went to HR on numerous occasions for help solving an issue I was having. I received no help, no pointers and no guidance.

Advice to Management

Listen to what your workers are telling you. Several people quit while I was working at Holland due to certain executive level employee's that have been recently brought on. These employees felt belittled, disrespected and unappreciated. While they may not be as "senior" as the VP's, Presidents and COO's, they are the foundation of your company. Treat them well.

"Needs help if you want to keep good people"

Former Employee - Project Management Assistant in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Project Management Assistant in Denver, CO

I worked at Holland Partner Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people at Holland are the only reason to stay unfortunately they are treated so poorly it's not worth it.

Cons

You have a company that is different departments and the owner thinks 1. They all operate in tandem, perfectly together when they all actually work on their own terms and typically butt heads. And 2. Your owner is a Property Management guy who has that arm of his business working like a well oiled machine but you have other arms (Development and Construction) that are extremely fractured, treated like after thoughts and completely overworked and under appreciated. Why is it that HR does most things for property management such as announce new hires but it's up to the other departments and even regions to announce their own, that's a perfect example of not operating as "one company" which is what you constantly hear there being a push for, there are departments that should be supporting all departments but that is clearly not happening.

Advice to Management

Look at how you treat those "below you" there is a definite corporate atmosphere where if you are not part of the upper echelon your a nobody when in reality the low men on the totem pole are typically the people who are busting their butts to keep things going. There is a definite sense of hierarchy and there are a good handful of people and departments that will make sure you know that and treat you like you are beneath them, that is a very poor standard to set and environment to work in.

Jun 8, 2016 – VP, HR & Training

Hello and thank you for the feedback. Having been with us for so long, we wish you would have shared your concerns sooner so we could work toward a resolution and provide you with a better ... More

"Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tarrytown, NY

I worked at Holland Partner Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most competitive commission structure for industry in that region.

Cons

Employees not able to review managers. HR doesn't support when there are internal issues with fellow team members. Essentially a popularity contest to be promoted. Most teams at properties are spread pretty thin.

Advice to Management

Let employees review managers.

Mar 27, 2016 – VP, HR & Training

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about working for our organization. We agree that we have a very competitive commission structure, it is one of the many things that set us ... More