Holland Partner Group Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Clyde Holland

Pros
Cons
  • Upper management is amateur at best, with the exception of the President and CEO (in 6 reviews)

• High turnover of employees from project to project (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great Company To Work For"

I have been working at Holland Partner Group full-time

Pros

Great company. Everyone within the company is very helpful. They are eager to promote from within.

Cons

A lot of the garden style apartments are selling...so be prepared to be in transition or have the mind set your property might sell.

2. "Leasing Consultant"

I worked at Holland Partner Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Stable employment, great training, and decent benefits

Cons

Regional Manager and VP don't always listen to onsite staff...a bit cold to the people (residents/tenants) they serve.

Advice to Management

Remember that you are in the "people business"...not just the money business.

3. "Assistant property manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Tumwater, WA
    Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager in Tumwater, WA

I worked at Holland Partner Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Assistant property managerstrong company very direct

Cons

strong company very directhello flexibility for families.

Advice to Management

Put everything in writing. Say what you mean and mean what you say.

5. "Excellent experience!"

Former Employee - Maintenance Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Maintenance Manager in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Holland Partner Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong ethics, supportive leadership, competitive bonuses, profit sharing. When they say that they invest in their employees they mean it!

Cons

The biggest challenge was all of the turn over in corporate over the last year and a half, it was difficult to see so many strong leaders leave in such a short period of time.

Advice to Management

Pick up some more properties in Arizona!
    Ours was sold in August and unfortunately there was no where within Holland for our strong, experienced team to go. I would come back to work for this company in a heartbeat!

"Corporate reviewer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Holland Partner Group (Less than a year)

Pros

Holland offers opportunity for growth.

Cons

Culture/expectations is not consistent among different departments. Lots of talk about the great culture that is offered, but the accuracy of this claim depends on what department you work in or who your manager is.

Oct 31, 2016 – VP, HR & Training

Thank you for taking a moment to share feedback regarding your experience at Holland. We are glad to hear that you feel our organization provides opportunity for growth, we strive to promote ... More

7. "Great company"

Pros

Good managent and overall company

Cons

Needs construction software to help with operations

Oct 27, 2016 – VP, HR & Training

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your experience working for Holland. Best of luck with your future endeavors!

8. "Devel;opment Director"

I have been working at Holland Partner Group full-time

Pros

Excellent team working environment. Strong camaraderie among the staff and benefits are good.

Cons

Leadership is composed of the founder and Executive Team members. Succession planning is key when the founder is one person.

Advice to Management

Implement succession planning efforts if they have not already done so.

Oct 27, 2016 – VP, HR & Training

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we appreciate it!

"Discriminating company"

Pros

You could get a good experience depending on who is your manager.

Cons

Poor training and a HUGE lack of diversity, people were very mean and not understanding of other people culture.

Advice to Management

They should change the old folks in the management, because that is root of all evil in the company, there is old management and they are certainly taking advantage that they know the company for that long, and at this point they are corrupting and letting a lot of issues slide just to keep doing their dirty practices, during my time in the company I myself saw a lot of cases that could have led to major Fair-Housing issues, my manager was the type of person that would not even acknowledge a employees presence, she would just get into her office do her thing and would only leave when she had to do something or ask for something from her team members, she was only out for her self and expected people to learn on their own, and not only that that she was also very much discriminating against people, specially the spanish speaks, and as I came along speaking spanish to the residents, she would get upset because of course she did not only could not speak the language, she also would be jeaulos that I was bonding with some residents and she was envolved in major cases of fair housing, she was taking advantage of her power in the company and mistreating people, after I accepted the job offer, residents would tell me good luck because they are always firing people, mostly because of her lack of mindfullness of others, she was never the person to help me understand something, she used to tell me that I needed to learn on my own, which I can understand in some cases, but not all things are accomplished without ones help, so I felt like I was left alone in the dark a lot of times, there was def a lack of help in this company, and just really a sense of community.

"Major Disconnect"

Current Employee - Leasing Agent in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Leasing Agent in Portland, OR

I have been working at Holland Partner Group (More than 3 years)

Pros

PTO, profit sharing, and decent wages.

Cons

Major disconnect between onsite and corporate. One just pretends the other doesn't exist. And let's be clear, HR won't protect you as an employee, I know from experience.

If you see something wrong and speak up, expect for that to backfire on you. If your manager is treating you wrong, don't raise your hand. The way to get ahead with Holland is to play their game. If you don't you'll be fired or forced to quit.

Clyde, the company is becoming so large it's becoming that company we all have been told is so bad. We are now just a number, and are reminded of this daily by the lack of support, training, and ethical treatment of another human

The higher people are in the company, the less they actually do. It's truly amazing what they get away with. And some of your "lifers" are probably the biggest leaches.

The trainer's are a complete joke too. They sashay around, like they rule the planet. Yet don't even know what they are talking about. Can we stop having meeting to discuss meetings too? Let's get trainers to actually train, and lead by example. They should be the best of the best, and should be available when you need them.

Someone else commented, but I agree. It's not what you know that will get you ahead. It's who. Play the game, be buddy buddy with your manager, and work on being slimy. That'll get you far!

Advice to Management

Look where we have come over the last few years. Look at what we have achieved. And look how we have become just like that other company, something everyone vowed never would happen.

Happy people do not leave for new jobs. Regional Managers, VPs, HR, Property Managers, Marketing Managers, CFO.. these are just some people who have left over the last year or so. Happy employees do not leave, the common denominator is the company. And how its been treating it's employees.

I'd suggest a clean up. Start with the fairly newly hired over the last year or two, and work your way through from there. Make Holland the stand up company it once was, and slowly remove it's tarnished name. And staffing, some properties are closed on the weekends, no staff to work. How is that a great example to our owners?

Aug 24, 2016 – VP, HR & Training

Thank you for taking a moment to share your feedback and thoughts regarding your experience working for Holland. I'm very sorry to hear that this has not been a positive experience for you. It's ... More

"Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO

I worked at Holland Partner Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you bust your butt and form YOUR own way of connecting with clients, the commissions are GREAT!

The residents...

Cons

1. Lacks diversity.
    2. Popularity contest to get promoted even if you show you know your job and constantly apply for promotion. If you don't fit "the mold" you will NOT be promoted!
    3. No support from management.
    4. Constant backbiting from co-workers and managers. If you have personal issues with your co-workers/manager and you tell a higher authority that you feel you are being bullied, be prepared for that person to tell you that YOU are the problem and be prepared to look for another job because you will be coerced into quitting or you will be fired for a petty reason... Because you're not the "favorite".
    5. No work/life balance unless you are one of "the favorites".
    6. No praise for doing well but you WILL be criticized if you make mistakes.
    7. Lack of formal training. If you want a job that throws you to the wolves but expects you to be successful, this is the place for you!
    8. VERY high turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Work on diversity and inclusion of all races, sexual orientations and gender.

Property managers should be trained in conflict resolution.

Training needs improvement to make sure everyone is successful.

Aug 3, 2016 – VP, HR & Training

We appreciate you taking some time to share your experience working with Holland. Many of the qualities that you outlined as cons are qualities that we do not tolerate within our company. If you ... More