Holland Services Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good Internship"

Pros

People were nice and belpful

Cons

The work could be a little slow

"Good place at times"

I have been working at Holland Services full-time

Pros

Easy work schedule and nice people

Cons

Management style needs improving
    Oil and gas industry - so the work is not always there

Advice to Management

They need to invest more in there employees and contractors. They make people feel that they can be easily replaced. Instead of pointing out problems and ways to fix them, their management style is to assume that you already knew of a problem and couldn't fix it.

3. "Team Lead"

Pros

Good people and great work environment

Cons

Industry is up and down

4. "Admin"

Pros

Great company to work for!

Cons

I can't think of any cons about working for this company.

"Average Company That Tries Hard To Keep Good Workers"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Holland Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

If you are good at your job and a hard worker, Holland will try to keep you as long as it can, even if that means keeping you around on the skeleton crew when times are slow. Compared to Holland's competitors, like Purple Land Management, working at Holland is not bad at all.

Cons

Holland is full of white men and women who are protected from lay-offs because they came from Indiana with the CEO Bob Gaudin. If you are not in that circle of trust, you will never move up.

"I miss this job."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, PA

Pros

I was lucky enough to enjoy a four year career in oil and gas before returning to my original field in legal work. The pay was terrific, but I worked for a lot of jerks. I left a stable employee position with one of those jerk companies to start a short-term contract position at Holland, and ended up staying over a year. I worked in the Washington office, and our crew at the time was wonderful- three great ladies, and Aaron Smith, who was always honest and respectful with me. They protected my job through some of the worst times in the industry, and they were forgiving about working from home, billing over holidays so as not to miss income, and extending contractors as many benefits as they could (such as per diems and mileage) for as long as the industry supported it. I ultimately left when I was transferred out of the Washington office, and a better opportunity came along, but pay was good the whole time.

Cons

There don't seem to be a lot of upward mobility options. People don't give up their employee positions.

7. "Abstractor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodsfield, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woodsfield, OH

Pros

Have worked for over 2 years in Ohio. They have a great crew chief who treats everyone with respect and truly cares for you, not only professionally but personally. The atmosphere in the office is phenomenal because everyone gets along, works hard and helps each other.

Cons

Pay is lower than other brokers. We used to get mileage, but no longer do. Now that the industry is picking back up, day rate should go up too.

"A place to gain experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I worked at Holland Services (More than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to learn oil and gas land in the industry. The pay was competitive.

Cons

Employees were not recognized or valued for hard work/accomplishments. High turn over.

Advice to Management

Show appreciation to employees and invest in them with more training/education.

9. "Mixed bag"

Pros

Holland generally tries to get good work for people and there are great people within the organization.

Cons

Sometimes poor communication between managers and contractors.

10. "GIS Tech"

Former Employee - GIS Technician in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - GIS Technician in Dallas, TX

I worked at Holland Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Laid-back work schedule, and excellent pay. It's really easy to get a raise if you ask for it. Frequently approved to work from home as needed. They hired me on as a contractor with no GIS experience and allowed me to prove myself, hiring me on as an employee after the first year. The work load is light and co-workers were friendly. Nice holiday bonus every year, and they cater in lunch frequently.

Cons

No benefits beyond salary and a super basic healthcare plan. Zero room for advancement, and limited opportunity to learn anything new. Absolutely no job security. Education is not rewarded & none of the current GIS staff holds an actual degree in GIS (dispite what the website says). You're required to pay for parking, which is about $100/month. Work frequently slows to a crawl and it's not uncommon to spend half your day waiting for something to work on.

Advice to Management

Offer a 401k match, and hire qualified candidates, not friends. Provide annual performance reviews. When times get tough, keep employees who have shown loyalty. Overall, just invest in your employees.